• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thomas said he was a little underwhelmed by the response from the Falcon's Fan-base, regarding their recent draft picks. He said everyone is used to more exciting drafts from the Falcons, but he

Coooold blooooded! 

I agree with gdawg that there is zero chance that Lindstrom isn't starting day 1. I mean, if a team with this many holes isn't drafting a starter at pick 14 then we'd have to say that draft has a

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Lindstrom will start and Carpenter /Brown will battle.   Lindstrom starts no matter what.

Yup.

7 hours ago, hjerry said:

Lindstrom may end up starting, but he will have to earn it. He'll be started at 2nd team probably. 

That's just how Quinn has always done things. You're gifted nothing; you earn everything, doesn't matter how highly you were drafted

Coach’s speak, but not really true. Duke Riley says hi. 

7 hours ago, gazoo said:

This is what I was thinking could happen. This way you don’t have two rookies lining up next to each other later in the year. 

I see it flushing out is Lindstrom starting at LG being sandwiched between two pro bowlers, Carpenter moving over to RG next to Ty at first, then Kaleb possibly early mid season taking over at RT. 

We drafted them with the purpose of having 2 rookies starting next to each other because of their chemistry. This is what TD and Q said in the post draft combine.

Now we see why he jumped to take Comisky. It appears to me that he was chomping at the bit a little to take the hometown kid. But whatever. I'm over the fact that the guy is even on the roster, but taking him where they did in the 4th, I hope this doesn't become a TD picked with his heart and not with his head situation. We'll see.

8 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Not what TD said

Carpenter is a starter at RG

Well that would be pretty stupid. Here is the players history:

Carpenter only played LG 

Brown only played RG.

Doubtful we would try to rewire these guys into positions they haven't played before. Unless DQ is actually trying to get fired.

Whether true or not about who HE says starts at guard, it’s not his decision to make. DQ said he will put the best 5 on the line. I personally don’t care about who was paid what, if the best 5 start, so be it. It’s in DQs job description to name the starter. Not that what TD said isn’t coming from DQ, but until these are the words from DQ, I dont believe TD knows how the line will be laid out. 

1 hour ago, uga_falcons_braves said:

Now we see why he jumped to take Comisky. It appears to me that he was chomping at the bit a little to take the hometown kid. But whatever. I'm over the fact that the guy is even on the roster, but taking him where they did in the 4th, I hope this doesn't become a TD picked with his heart and not with his head situation. We'll see.

TD isn’t picking any of the defensive players unless DQ wants them.   

31 minutes ago, Outmyfalconmind said:

Whether true or not about who HE says starts at guard, it’s not his decision to make. DQ said he will put the best 5 on the line. I personally don’t care about who was paid what, if the best 5 start, so be it. It’s in DQs job description to name the starter. Not that what TD said isn’t coming from DQ, but until these are the words from DQ, I dont believe TD knows how the line will be laid out. 

True.  Week 1 the best 5 is probably Matthews-Carpenter-Mack-Lindstrom-Ty

Use McGary on heavy sets out wide next to Ty

8 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

But why the specifics.  Why not just say all three are battling for 2 spots?? Instead he said Brown/Lindstrom are going to battle, mat the best man win.

At least it appears from the OP

I dunno my friend....Sometimes these guys like to f*** with media....I don’t put much stock in anything he or DQ says....but I do pay attention to what they historically have done. 

We both know Lindstrom will be a starter day 1...he’s the 14th pick in entire draft, not starting him would make them look like idiots.....not to mention the fact he’s a quality talent....

Plus they like to f*** with opponents...did you see where Giants and skins GM are going back and forth in media on giants pick at QB?  Who knows what is true there....

3 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Did you get to listen to it? I ask because OP didn’t specify RG or LG. Carpenter has always been a LG, and Brown and Lindstrom have played RG. I would assume it is the opposite of what you said, but didn’t hear the interview.

No, I was assuming RG based off UnintentionalGtoundings video.  He seems to think Lindstrom at RG next to Ty to start the season

if Anyone has time and wants to hear Falcons talk, listen

10 hours ago, hjerry said:

If that's literally what he said, that sounds to me like he was listing names of who would be competing at guard, and the whole thing got taken wrong. You could interpret that also as that the three of them will be battling at guard.

I highly doubt we've already decided who's starting where. I mean, we can't even start really evaluating the OL and testing out combinations until we're allowed to hit which won't be till a few days into TC.

There was a gap between him mentioning Carpenter and then listing Brown/Lindstrom. Looks like Ledbetter has the same idea in his article this morning, with Carpenter starting at LG, and Lindstrom competing with Brown at RG. TD definitely said Lindstrom would be competing for a spot with Brown. If Carpenter is competing with Schweitzer at LG, think Carpenter is the starter. TD did not mention Schweitzer being in the mix.

11 hours ago, Cheap Talk said:

Thomas said he was a little underwhelmed by the response from the Falcon's Fan-base, regarding their recent draft picks.

He said everyone is used to more exciting drafts from the Falcons, but he had to take care of the trenches this time around.

Items from the discussion:

• Sounds like he is higher on Miller than Sheffield, saying Miller should have gone much higher except for injuries, and has the skills to contribute right away on the outside. Believe he said Sheffield will be used more in the slot to start out.
  • Before Dimitroff came on the commentators were speaking about McGary having trained under a highly regarded OL guru, and McGary learned his exceptional NFL ready balance and positioning from this person.

Hate that the fan reaction has been so subpar. Amazes me how the fans complain all year about the lines sucking, then turn around and complain at the moves made to try and fix it. That's the problem with a fanbase that isn't the most intelligent, just being blunt. They want excitement, stats, highlights, flash plays, guys they can brag about to their friends or rival fans and rub in the pick. Look at the reaction to Ridley vs Lindstrom/McGary. We didn't need a first round WR, but BOY was that fun to celebrate and look forward to come fall. How do you look forward to a blocker? Especially when there were defenders on the board? 

The bolded part perked me up. I'm glad they see Miller as more pro ready than Sheffield. It's obvious on tape. His coverage is legit. Just thin, not that strong, and may be injury prone. Also, I think the McGary-Mudd connection was a big part in them going after McGary and maybe even why the Pats liked him. The issue with college OL is the lack of coaching and development, so having a guy who's worked with a legit legend is a plus. They could have met with Mudd at the Combine and asked about him. There was a LOT of interest in McGary, which I don't think is a coincidence: