jidady

Now that we've argued the draft to death, here's my question...

51 posts in this topic

Since quinn is calling the defense now ...i feel more confident.

The pass rush early in 2016 was meh.....but by the end of the year we were doing a better job of living in the backfield.

The front 7 has alot of ifs right now....but if the Ifs work out in the falcons favor then the pass rush should be pretty good.

Atl Falcon and Top Flight like this

The pass rush worries me.....it has for many yrs since the JA PK days. So yeah I love Lindstorm and Big Kountry but when in the he// are we going to have a pass rush. Just maybe VB has a ‘16 flashback. Takk will be fine. Idk

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

We do have some serious question marks.....two rookies starting side by side on the OL,  pass rush, dbs, I Oliver and will Trufant recover????

12 minutes ago, jidady said:

How comfortable are you right now with Atlanta's ability to generate a pass rush in 2019?

To those of you who are uncomfortable, what moves would make you feel better about the situation?

To those of you who have confidence, which players do you believe are key to our pressure?

To answer your questions 

Very uncomfortable 

Sign Ziggy and a veteran db 

Beasley

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

Just now, Dirty South Bird said:

Next draft maybe they’ll double dip into the D-line like they did with the o-line this year...

Only problem, if were good this season and perhaps make the superbowl.. Will we get a stud pass rusher on our 1st round pick 28-32? 

Atl Falcon and papachaz like this

I wouldn't mind picking up Shane Ray just as another "speed rusher". If we can grab Darron Lee, then I think we could see more of Campbell rushing off the edge. I think that was the plan last year if Duke had stepped up. Vic's first step is still elite, and will allow him to be disruptive. Hopefully DQ can turn those pressures from last year into sacks again. Takk with his head on right has just as much promise. Grady is gonna Grady, but I'm hoping Shede is locked in and can be a force. Calling him being an unsung hero for us this year. Shelby should be solid contributor, while Clay will give us a veteran leader amongst the pass rush. Means had some solid promise as a contributor. This Dline has the making of a breakout year in terms of getting to the QB. 

I have concerns.  I don't expect us to be bottom of the barrel, but middlin is likely.

My hopes are that Quinn becomes more aggressive with playcalling and secondary play, and that helps the D get home a lot.

Of the players, we really need each one to step up.  For this to be a good pass rushing D, you're going to need 5+ sacks from both 3rd down DT's, 10+ from Takk, and 8 from Beasley (along with all the random assortments).

Clay, Takk, Beasley and Senat are all going to have to play better than they normally do or have shown.  That's a big ask, but what we're going to need.  I really think a Cominsky type will help a lot, but I don't know if he'll be ready for anything this year.

Wouldn't it be stunning if Hageman became a bludgeoning 5T/3T?  I don't anticipate it, but that type of player would make a lot of the difference.

Edit:  I guess the what we could add would be a legit pass rushing 5T/3T.  I think that puts this DL over the top.  But I don't think that guy is actually out there right now.

1 minute ago, takeitdown said:

I have concerns.  I don't expect us to be bottom of the barrel, but middlin is likely.

My hopes are that Quinn becomes more aggressive with playcalling and secondary play, and that helps the D get home a lot.

Of the players, we really need each one to step up.  For this to be a good pass rushing D, you're going to need 5+ sacks from both 3rd down DT's, 10+ from Takk, and 8 from Beasley (along with all the random assortments).

Clay, Takk, Beasley and Senat are all going to have to play better than they normally do or have shown.  That's a big ask, but what we're going to need.  I really think a Cominsky type will help a lot, but I don't know if he'll be ready for anything this year.

Wouldn't it be stunning if Hageman became a bludgeoning 5T/3T?  I don't anticipate it, but that type of player would make a lot of the difference.

You are a well seasoned Falcons' fan, Me too. I hope for better.

papachaz and egoprime II like this

39 minutes ago, jidady said:

How comfortable are you right now with Atlanta's ability to generate a pass rush in 2019?

To those of you who are uncomfortable, what moves would make you feel better about the situation?

To those of you who have confidence, which players do you believe are key to our pressure?

Lolololololol..we havnt had a pass rush sense like 98, adding no one will change that lol..

Ziggy Ansah, Suh

Sun Tzu 7 and Atl Falcon like this

On 4/30/2019 at 8:48 PM, takeitdown said:

Edit:  I guess the what we could add would be a legit pass rushing 5T/3T.  I think that puts this DL over the top.  But I don't think that guy is actually out there right now.

*Campbell is the guy I'm looking at. Quinn blitzes more, and that's where he excels. Sheffield too - dude is crazy fast. 

I'd really like if we added another vet. Derrick Morgan would be a great get.

EDIT: said *Clayborn, brain fart

Edited by Francis York Morgan
athell likes this

It has less to do with sacking the quarterback and more to do with chaos.  Get the wbu off his spot and let your athletes work.  Quinn’s Seattle defenses had 38 sacks, just like us last year and 2016.  

But we need chaos....our late 2016 defense was not good, just opportunistic.  They attacked the football in search of TO’s.  That’s what we should see more of next year 

I'm a little comfortable because the fact that we were decimated by injuries last year played a significant role in why our defense was trash.

And with the signings of Clayborn and maybe even Hageman gives me SOME comfort. 

Senat having a year under his belt gives me comfort

And maybe most importantly, the fact that our O line may allow us to dominate time of possession, that will only make the defense better. 

I have zero confidence in our ability generate pass rush, at least from edge.

I have cautious optimism with Quinn taking over but Vic has fooled me for too long to feel comfortable in being our alpha rusher.  My hope is they finally feed off eachother, Vic and Takk, but I have concerns.

Maybe an actual rotation will help...we had no depth last year...

Apparently DQ is confident that him taking over the D will disrupt the QB. If Senat can take the next step, he could be the wild card in rotation. Tak and Vic both disappeared for big stretch last year. 

Yea Quinn's defense is about disruptions not sacks.. Its also about forcing turnovers.. But for real the defense relies on Tru.. If he can lock down opposing number one receivers, its playmakers everywhere else on defense.. 

Not very....hoping for an average # of sacks this year. Hoping Tac can rival the man in the pic someday??

Well....I wanted a 1st rnd DE edge rusher opposite of Tac. Then...transition Vic to OLB where he wont get pushed around as much. I'm sorry but a 250 LB DE is too light and Vic is under performing as we all know.  Lets add some badly needed LB depth. 

To those of you who have confidence, which players do you believe are key to our pressure? Not much confidence...just praying. I hated that we lost Alford, btw.

On 4/30/2019 at 8:33 PM, Dirty South Bird said:

Next draft maybe they’ll double dip into the D-line like they did with the o-line this year...

Or corner depending on how Oliver does.  

I think we can be avg enough on the DLine but I feel better with Quinn calling the plays now.  Now this is assuming that Takk can stay healthy and I am really not counting on Vic to give us anything, so if he does produce anything it will just be a bonus I guess.  I think Crawford is underrated and give us some push.  With how our offense is set up, I'm not sure how yall can expect us to have an elite Dline as well.  Plus we have used a few 1st round picks on dlinemen and so far they haven't really worked out (I still believe in you Takk).