Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichardCNile

The good, the bad and the Ugly - 2019 draft edition

32 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

It didnt matter who we had on the 2016 roster, Ryan and Shannahan carved teams up with Turbo as our #1 and our #6 TE snaggin tds. No one will ever be as open as dudes where under Shanny, sorry bro but this offense cant even sniff 2016

no doubt shannahan called a masterful season (one series in the SB aside) but DK is no slouch. During his first run with the Falcons his offense never finished worst than 14th overall and his passing offense never finished worst than 7 just had horrible talent at running back and a horrible run blocking o-line. The gap between the 2 (potentially) is not as great as most would think.

1 hour ago, shockerfalcon said:

granted my prediction hinges on the o-line, which looks heads and shoulders better on paper right now. Still got Matty Ice so the QB situation is unchanged, RBs are arguably better with the addition of a big back that can get the tough short yards that we lacked in 2016, TE is arguably comparable, WR's is arguably better with the addition of CR. At the worst this offensive roster is equal to the SB roster but in reality it's probably better especially if the O-line performs as expected.

Now do the defense...

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, shockerfalcon said:

Idk about becoming a ground and pound team or ball control. That's not DQ's style DK's either for that matter. Fixing the O-line is simply about bringing back the balanced attack that kept DCs' up at night during our SB run. If i'm not mistaken we played 8-10 top 15 defenses that year and shredded all but Philly. My bold prediction (until proven otherwise) is that this years offense will surpass the 2016 offense.

I love the enthusiasm, but the 2019-2020 offense will not be in the Top 8 All-Time 

Edited by NeonDeion

3 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Hit em anyways

Doesn’t change a thing.

Top 10 defense ,floor not ceiling forget this top 15 talk mentioned it before the draft I’m expecting top 10.

PS good thread Richard.C.Nile

Knight of God and RichardCNile like this

18 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Doesn’t change a thing.

Top 10 defense ,floor not ceiling forget this top 15 talk mentioned it before the draft I’m expecting top 10.

PS good thread Richard.C.Nile

Facts...including the part about the thread 

kiwifalcon, JDaveG and RichardCNile like this

I don't think this draft makes us an "offensive" team.. all you need to do is rewatch the steelers and ravens game from last year. This draft makes us a smarter team because we finally figured out you cannot protect your QB or consistently run the ball with street free agents up front.

RichardCNile and JDaveG like this

8 hours ago, vafalconfan said:

I don't think this draft makes us an "offensive" team.. all you need to do is rewatch the steelers and ravens game from last year. This draft makes us a smarter team because we finally figured out you cannot protect your QB or consistently run the ball with street free agents up front.

Well said!