Unintentional Grounding - Support Our Brother

17 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He is saying exactly what most said Pre draft.  Prior to the draft, nobody in TATF would have liked 2 OL in the 1sr round.  He also says to start Brown & Ty which I tend to agree with.  Ty for certain.  But 2 rookies starting on the right side is no bueno

You think they will start Ty over McGary?

Lol I love it. Finally got to listen to the show @Unintentional Grounding. "Nasty bunch of country boys with a piece of hay sticking out of their mouth!" That's exactly how I see them lol. Just country strong and willing to get ugly. Ain't nothing pretty about it. 

I do challenge you, like I've challenged others regarding the complaint with McGary vs speed rushers:

Which OT would you have been comfortable with handling speed rushers in the NFL? 

Not saying it won't be an issue, but I see everybody rushing to project him vs Khalil Mack and Von Miller and how he's going to struggle. Yet, those guys give All Pro RTs fits. That's why they're so coveted. I think it's a bit of an overstatement. Even Vic beat Ryan Ramczyk this year clean for a sack with just a speed rush. In the grand scheme of things, McGary and/or Sambrailo are going to get help vs those guys. No smart OC is leaving their guy on an island vs those top tier guys. If that's the main knock on McGary, that's fine. Ultimately, I agree I think Ty can hold McGary off, which isn't a testament to McGary being bad, but Sambrailo really ended the year strong. But my fear is the timing of McGary taking over if he does this year. When does that happen? The bye week would be a good time, but coming out is 5 straight divisional games. It's going to be interesting to see, but I think it's a good player. I'm fine with it. 

The rest was great. Liked your discussion on Cominsky and Ollison specifically. Also, agree on the upside with Miller. I think he comes out and presses for time early is he can stay healthy. 

Also, fully agree on the 2020 season comment. Told my mother in law right after the draft this same thing. She said "Falcons to the SB!" I was like "Naw, 2020 though...". 

6 minutes ago, vel said:

Lol I love it. Finally got to listen to the show @Unintentional Grounding. "Nasty bunch of country boys with a piece of hay sticking out of their mouth!" That's exactly how I see them lol. Just country strong and willing to get ugly. Ain't nothing pretty about it. 

I do challenge you, like I've challenged others regarding the complaint with McGary vs speed rushers:

Which OT would you have been comfortable with handling speed rushers in the NFL? 

Not saying it won't be an issue, but I see everybody rushing to project him vs Khalil Mack and Von Miller and how he's going to struggle. Yet, those guys give All Pro RTs fits. That's why they're so coveted. I think it's a bit of an overstatement. Even Vic beat Ryan Ramczyk this year clean for a sack with just a speed rush. In the grand scheme of things, McGary and/or Sambrailo are going to get help vs those guys. No smart OC is leaving their guy on an island vs those top tier guys. If that's the main knock on McGary, that's fine. Ultimately, I agree I think Ty can hold McGary off, which isn't a testament to McGary being bad, but Sambrailo really ended the year strong. But my fear is the timing of McGary taking over if he does this year. When does that happen? The bye week would be a good time, but coming out is 5 straight divisional games. It's going to be interesting to see, but I think it's a good player. I'm fine with it. 

The rest was great. Liked your discussion on Cominsky and Ollison specifically. Also, agree on the upside with Miller. I think he comes out and presses for time early is he can stay healthy. 

Also, fully agree on the 2020 season comment. Told my mother in law right after the draft this same thing. She said "Falcons to the SB!" I was like "Naw, 2020 though...". 

Your mother in law is a wise woman.  Heed her prophecy