Jump to content

Are We Really Going To Start Allen Over Kazee?


FalconAge
 Share

Which Player Should Start At Free Safety(If healthy)  

153 members have voted

  1. 1. Free Safety:Allen or Kazee?

    • Ricardo Allen
      100
    • Damontae Kazee
      51


Recommended Posts

I love Ricardo Allen. Great character, great story, complete role model. By all accounts great teammate as well. Inlove his high football i.q. and the film study sessions he hosts.

That said....Kazee is a baller.

Dude has physical ability to cover ground that Allen just can't and has ball skills like we haven't seen since Prime. Seven picks in your first year starting is no fluke.

Allen has the knowledge to be positioned correctly mostly, and he can limit certain big plays, but Kazee has the ability to take the game away from the offense, so we can get Matt, Julio and Ridley back on the field.

Plenty of you like Kazee at NB, but he won't have as much of an opportunity to sit back and read the QB doing that. 

While he wasn't perfect as a rookie, his mistakes can be cut down as he grows into the role.

So if you were Quinn, which guy do you go with?

The savvy vet or the young playmaker?

One can manage the game for you, the other can turn it upside down.

Edited by FalconAge
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

I love Ricardo Allen. Great character, great story, complete role model. By all accounts great teammate as well. Inlove his high football i.q. and the film study sessions he hosts.

That said....Kazee is a baller.

Dude has physical ability to cover ground that Allen just can't and has ball skills like we haven't seen since Prime. Seven picks in your first year starting is no fluke.

Allen has the knowledge to be positioned correctly mostly, and he can limit certain big plays, but Kazee has the ability to take the game away from the offense, so we can get Matt, Julio and Ridley back on the field.

Plenty of you like Kazee at NB, but he won't have as much of an opportunity to sit back and read the QB doing that. 

While he wasn't perfect as a rookie, his mistakes can be cut down as he grows into the role.

So if you were Quinn, which guy do you go with?

The savvy vet or the young playmaker?

One can manage the game for you, the other can turn it upside down.

You go with Allen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I love Kazee's ball hawk skills but I don't think he would make it as the Nickel back. I don't think he's that good in coverage. you have to be skilled to play inside.

He played some last year and did fine. Even alternated with Allen for FS and NB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I love Kazee's ball hawk skills but I don't think he would make it as the Nickel back. I don't think he's that good in coverage. you have to be skilled to play inside.

He played inside as a rookie. He played dime a good bit. And did well. Played nickel if Poole ever came out of the game for a play or two did well. It won’t be his first time at the rodeo playing inside. Plus he’s quick twitch which is a must to play inside. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TheFatboi said:

He played inside as a rookie. He played dime a good bit. And did well. Played nickel if Poole ever came out of the game for a play or two did well. It won’t be his first time at the rodeo playing inside. Plus he’s quick twitch which is a must to play inside. 

My memory is short. So much transpired last year on defense I can't remember

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Allen at FS. Falcons gave up too many big plays, you don’t want the last line of defense gambling for picks. 

Kazee would make a great NB, he can gamble underneath and make more plays with out giving up big plays. Kazee was worst tackler in nfl among FS last year.

DQ said the team went from giving up least number of big plays in 2017 to one of the worst in 2018. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, djbrough said:

Put Rico at NB. He's done it well before. Leave Kazee alone, and let him be the FS. When you find a shoe that fits well, wear it out.

Unless you have a probowler ahead of him, I don't see how you push out a guy from a position where he scored 7 picks in his first year as a starter.

My mind is blown by this thread. If any other team did this, I would be asking for us to trade for that guy with the 7 picks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I love Kazee's ball hawk skills but I don't think he would make it as the Nickel back. I don't think he's that good in coverage. you have to be skilled to play inside.

See, this is why I am torn. I think BOTH guys are better at FS Than they are at Nickle.

They both give you something different but needed at Safety( one knowledge the other length). 

If Allen comes back as the same player as he use to be I don’t know which one I favor TBH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

Unless you have a probowler ahead of him, I don't see how you push out a guy from a position where he scored 7 picks in his first year as a starter.

My mind is blown by this thread. If any other team did this, I would be asking for us to trade for that guy with the 7 picks.

Because what fans don’t see or understand is qb’s like brees were killing Kazee in the seam cause he can be looked off. Can’t look Rico off. He also left his corners out to dry at times when he’s looked off. Rico never leaves his corners out to dry. Kazee doesn’t get the defense lined up in the right position like Rico. He’s just doesn’t have the experience to do it yet. He misses more tackles than Rico does as well. He allowed more yards per coverage snap than Rico. I can go on about the reasons Quinn QUICKLY said “RICO WILL BE THE STARTING FS”. All fans want is the picks but ignore the things that lead to us being 31st in 3rd down on defense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

See, this is why I am torn. I think BOTH guys are better at FS Than they are at Nickle.

They both give you something different but needed at Safety( one knowledge the other length). 

If Allen comes back as the same player as he use to be I don’t know which one I favor TBH.

Kazee can play nickel. He’ll be better than Poole. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

Unless you have a probowler ahead of him, I don't see how you push out a guy from a position where he scored 7 picks in his first year as a starter.

My mind is blown by this thread. If any other team did this, I would be asking for us to trade for that guy with the 7 picks.

My thoughts exactly. Rico is a good player, but you leave ball hawks alone. Turnovers are king.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

Unless you have a probowler ahead of him, I don't see how you push out a guy from a position where he scored 7 picks in his first year as a starter.

My mind is blown by this thread. If any other team did this, I would be asking for us to trade for that guy with the 7 picks.

I like Kazee, but those 7 picks came at a cost. Out of position quite A bit and the defense gave up significantly more big plays in the pass game.

not to say he can’t, shouldn’t improve there, but Rico is a darn fine FS and is rarely ever caught out of position.

Kazee should still get his hands on plenty of passes, and get to blitz. The team is in Nickel over 60% of the snaps after all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 1989Fan said:

Like Kazee, but those 7 picks came at a cost. Out of position quite A bit and the defense gave up significantly more big plays in the pass game.

not to say he can’t, shouldn’t improve there, but Rico is a darn fine FS and is rarely ever caught out of position.

Kazee should still get his hands on plenty of passes, and get to blitz. The team is in Nickel over 60% of the snaps after all.

Bingo. It’s deeper than just raw picks. It was a lot being left on the field that he just wasn’t ready for yet. It took Rico 3 years to get where he is in the system. Kazee wasn’t going to exceed Rico in one season starting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Because what fans don’t see or understand is qb’s like brees were killing Kazee in the seam cause he can be looked off. Can’t look Rico off. He also left his corners out to dry at times when he’s looked off. Rico never leaves his corners out to dry. Kazee doesn’t get the defense lined up in the right position like Rico. He’s just doesn’t have the experience to do it yet. He misses more tackles than Rico does as well. He allowed more yards per coverage snap than Rico. I can go on about the reasons Quinn QUICKLY said “RICO WILL BE THE STARTING FS”. All fans want is the picks but ignore the things that lead to us being 31st in 3rd down on defense. 

This is the debate I’ve been having with @MSalmon and @athell and @Knight of God

Rico protects the seams which is essential in Quinn’s defense 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...