Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ya_boi_j

Top free agents who can help the team

55 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, FalconBlood said:

Ansah would be most exciting for me.

Yep, needs to be a big difference to our pass rush. DT is pretty much set right now.

Hold out and see if McCoy is cut and maybe make a change of plans, but from this list Ansah and maybe cut Means?

FalconBlood likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’ll gladly take Ansah, Suh, Wilkerson and Berry(insurance but I’m sure he wants to start)

Suh and Wilkerson and help Grady further earn that big money deal although it’ll likely be for 1 year. Suh played a huge role in Donald’s success last year and it goes unnoticed by a lot of nfl fans

I'd love to add Danny Shelton and Ziggy Ansah. The DLine would have a bonafide rotation:

  • DT - Grady, Shelton, Crawford, Davison, Senat, Hageman
  • DE - Takk, Beasley, Ziggy, Clayborn, Means, Cominsky

We could even cut two or put em on the practice squad and still be stout against the run and pass. Probably have to cut Swipester and Bosher plus restructure Julio to get it done though.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

We need to sack the other teams QB

 

I can get behind this. Send this gameplan to the front office.

Edited by FalconBlood
Atl Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder what kind of contract Berry is looking for?  

Morgan or Shelton would be most beneficial.  Both coming off down years so should sign 1 year prove it deals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’ll gladly take Ansah, Suh, Wilkerson and Berry(insurance but I’m sure he wants to start)

Suh and Wilkerson and help Grady further earn that big money deal although it’ll likely be for 1 year. Suh played a huge role in Donald’s success last year and it goes unnoticed by a lot of nfl fans

You guys know they’re not gonna sign anyone on that list and someone we all will have to go and google!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Danny Shelton DT

6ft 2 345lbs and 25 years old

You know DQ has been here going on 5 years now. If he wanted a 345 lber, he'd have found one by now. Poe was here, but they actually had him slim down to 330.

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zach brown over Jamie Collins. And ziggy for me as well. Morgan is intriguing, but isn’t he a 3-4 LB primarily? Not sure if he plays with his hand in the dirt much.

suh and McCoy (it cut) are my out of reach dream signings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falconidae said:

You know DQ has been here going on 5 years now. If he wanted a 345 lber, he'd have found one by now. Poe was here, but they actually had him slim down to 330.

Pretty much. And we need more pass rush ability in anyone we sign or it's just 'meh' at this point. Davison is what McClain should've been last year. Young, improving each year in the league, part of a good defense at stopping the run, and coming off a good year at exactly 1T. McClain was like 2 years removed from this solid season at 1T for DAL. He either regressed or forgot how to play 1T or both being miscast in WASH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Outmyfalconmind said:

Zach brown over Jamie Collins. And ziggy for me as well. Morgan is intriguing, but isn’t he a 3-4 LB primarily? Not sure if he plays with his hand in the dirt much.

suh and McCoy (it cut) are my out of reach dream signings. 

Zach Brown is a pure inside LB which I think we have covered while Collins is an outside LB who has the ability to rush the passer also. Collins lining up beside Deon and Campbell makes more sense.  I like Oluokun better than Duke obviously but he's also a pure middle LB.

I'd be down for Ziggy also.

Oh and Morgan is a LB in the same way as Vic was listed as a LB, meaning he's a DE or at least quacks like one. Wouldn't hate signing him either.

Outmyfalconmind likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suh, wilkerson, ansah, or berry would be amazing. The saints are looking at ansah, I hope they don't get him. Realistically we can't afford any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

Sounds great, but with what $$$? How can we free up that kinda cash?

cut or trade Beasley, too many better players with contracts up next year that have to be resigned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TimeBomb said:

They should be on the phone with Jamie Collins right now. A weakness would become a strength. 

I really don't think it'd be smart going into the season without picking up another LB.

LBer is not really a weakness, we are fine there. 

We need DL pass rushers....

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we pursued Shelton earlier but could not sign him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaq Lawson’s 5th year option hasn’t been picked up. Maybe a better option than Shane Ray on the cheap side of the house. Again, this is assuming the bills don’t keep him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rudy said:

I thought we pursued Shelton earlier but could not sign him?

Unsubstantiated rumor. Regardless, we signed Davison long after that particular tweet that seemed to 'maybe sorta' tie us to Shelton. So, Davison was the move. We since added Hageman. 6 deep at DT if Cominsky is an interior player like TD/DQ said.

GJ/Senat/Davison/Crawford/Hagemen/Cominsky

What we need is more depth in our edge rotation; especially if Takk or AC have to move inside to create more pressure there and our ends become thin late in a game.

Wild-card here is Means developing as a rusher to play more than base DE Reed role.

rudy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Unsubstantiated rumor. Regardless, we signed Davison long after that particular tweet that seemed to 'maybe sorta' tie us to Shelton. So, Davison was the move. We since added Hageman. 6 deep at DT if Cominsky is an interior player like TD/DQ said.

GJ/Senat/Davison/Crawford/Hagemen/Cominsky

What we need is more depth in our edge rotation; especially if Takk or AC have to move inside to create more pressure there and our ends become thin late in a game.

Wild-card here is Means developing as a rusher to play more than base DE Reed role.

I don't put much stock in Hagemand and I wouldn't move Takk inside.

I was thinking that Cominsky would be the Reed replacement, albeit a bit heavier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, rudy said:

I don't put much stock in Hagemand and I wouldn't move Takk inside.

I was thinking that Cominsky would be the Reed replacement, albeit a bit heavier.

Well, he's more hybrid than Reed at his height and weight. I think TD said something like getting his playing weight up to 300 lbs so that basically could put any DE snaps out of the question unless in a good situation/package; as he could still be useful if he maintains athleticism at a heavier weight. TD could've just been talking to talk.

Might get snaps like Shelby did instead as part of a heavy run DE package.

Reed helped set the edge in base run D and was reliable; even if he couldn't make enough individual plays in the end. Means took his snaps the last 3 games or so and did very well. I think Cominsky's jump from such a small school to the NFL will require more sub-packages with clear goals like rush the passer. He may not even see many snaps as a rookie; even if active. Same as our CBs. STs, develop and be emergency depth in a best case scenario. Instead of trying to develop mid-round OL, we went with developing CB and DL a little lower.

If someone earns snaps on defense that'll be a bonus year 1, IMO.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
rudy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting how people were losing their minds we went OL/offense heavy other than at CB in the draft... then you look at this FA pool and go wow.. that's a lot of stud defensive players. 

 

Almost like the FO had a feeling it would work out this way. 

falconidae and Outmyfalconmind like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Interesting how people were losing their minds we went OL/offense heavy other than at CB in the draft... then you look at this FA pool and go wow.. that's a lot of stud defensive players. 

 

Almost like the FO had a feeling it would work out this way. 

Respectable theory. Could be the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Outmyfalconmind said:

Shaq Lawson’s 5th year option hasn’t been picked up. Maybe a better option than Shane Ray on the cheap side of the house. Again, this is assuming the bills don’t keep him.

I don't think Lawson's athletic enough to play WLB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0