Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ya_boi_j

Top free agents who can help the team

55 posts in this topic

I’ll gladly take Ansah, Suh, Wilkerson and Berry(insurance but I’m sure he wants to start)

Suh and Wilkerson and help Grady further earn that big money deal although it’ll likely be for 1 year. Suh played a huge role in Donald’s success last year and it goes unnoticed by a lot of nfl fans

I think MoWilk will come a little cheaper than Suh. I wonder if it’s Suh’s price tag or baggage that is causing him to go unsigned for so long. 

Itll be interesting to see if an additional linebacker is picked up. I’ve heard a lot about Darron Lee possibly being released and Atlanta being interested in him. I haven’t followed the Jets so I’m not sure how he would fit. 

4 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

Ansah would be most exciting for me.

Sounds like Seattle is looking at him. 

I reckon they all want more money than we would be be willing to give. 

Our best bet would be a 1 year prove it for Shane Ray and see if we can get a Clayborne 2.0

Ziggy Ansah
Ndamukong Suh
Corey Liuget
Jamie Collins
Muhammad Wilkerson
Shane Ray
Danny Shelton

I would be happy if we got any of the above. Collins would be great LB Depth that we so desperate need. 

26 minutes ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

Sounds great, but with what $$$? How can we free up that kinda cash?

Extensions? Restructures?

Hope you're ready for us not to get any of them. Decent amount of risk, but I'd love to have Ansah. 

Morgan might be the most likely. Georgia native and graduate (Tech), we looked at him before with Quinn, and he's only 30. Last year was rough, but he had 7.5 and 9 sacks the two years before.

PS: we can definitely still sign someone, Fusco and Schraeder opens up ~8 mil and we don't have to be under the cap for a while.

Drew4719, vel, PokerSteve and 3 others like this

35 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Hope you're ready for us not to get any of them. Decent amount of risk, but I'd love to have Ansah. 

Morgan might be the most likely. Georgia native and graduate (Tech), we looked at him before with Quinn, and he's only 30. Last year was rough, but he had 7.5 and 9 sacks the two years before.

PS: we can definitely still sign someone, Fusco and Schraeder opens up ~8 mil and we don't have to be under the cap for a while.

Never set expectations like that but the title and OP remains true. Pretty much everyone on that short list can help the team

Man...., Mo Wilkerson would be a BEAST in the middle of our D Line, eating up blocks, better enabling Grady to get after QB’s.

See: Suh/Donald

Osiruz likes this

They can get the capital up pretty quickly with Julio and Grady extensions/restructures. They are sitting at $5.1M in cap space after the projected rookie deals, and that's before Schraeder's June 1 cut designation. His cut will save an additional $4M. They can make another substantial move or two.

53 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Never set expectations like that but the title and OP remains true. Pretty much everyone on that short list can help the team

I agree, didn't quote you because it was more directed at everyone.

59 minutes ago, vel said:

Derrick Morgan. Played banged up a lot last year. Never got healthy. Only 30. Would make sense to deepen the pass rush. He's a steady pass rush presence. Never been a big money guy, so should be affordable. 

We made a push for him in what, 2015 or 2016? I could definitely see it.

vel and Vandy like this

They should be on the phone with Jamie Collins right now. A weakness would become a strength. 

I really don't think it'd be smart going into the season without picking up another LB.

NeonDeion and PokerSteve like this

Posted (edited)

I see this list and it’s like 

“There are some Lamborghinis, Ferrari’s, and some ragged out Camaros here at our car lot for you to look at!”

I can’t afford the Lambos or Ferraris and don’t want the Camaros.

Edited by Godzilla1985

5 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I see this list and it’s like 

“There are some Lamborghinis, Ferrari’s, and some ragged out Camaros hear at our car lot for you to look at!”

I can’t afford the Lambos or Ferraris and don’t want the Camaros.

This guy would like to have a word with you

bumblebee.png

4 minutes ago, vel said:

Been saying it since January and yet still...

We  still keep signing guys.

We have resigned or signed  a whopping 19 veteran players since end of January.

And we have  only cut 4 guys and restructured 1 guy ( as far as we know) in order to do it.

If we truly want one of those guys we can get them.