Should We Take A Step Back And Reflect?

Tim Mazetti

I must say the fact that Kaleb Mcgary's arms are only slightly longer than Beasley's worries me. Especially since Cam Jordan's are 35 " and they are our biggest hurdle to win the South. 

Not sure about how he projects inside at that height if he doesn't work at RT.

19 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

I must say the fact that Kaleb Mcgary's arms are only slightly longer than Beasley's worries me. Especially since Cam Jordan's are 35 " and they are our biggest hurdle to win the South. 

Did you know his arms are longer than Joe Thomas’s & Jake Long’s, and only 1/2 inch shorter than Jake Matthews?

there are tackles w ‘short’ arms that have been great, and DEs with long arms that have been terrible. People put way to much stock in one number.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/12020/daily-mailbag-the-insanity-of-short-arms

14 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

How does he compare vs Clabo - he was a big guy but was also a very solid OG when needed. I honestly think you just need some nastiness to play inside and the measurable become less important than outside at OT

48 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Don’t know how folks can’t love the picks after watching Wes and Ben get manhandled the past few seasons. 

I will be sold the first time we convert 3rd and 1 running to the right side.

We have been needing to spend higher draft picks on olineman for a while now.  Glad we finally invested some premium picks on these guys.  I still think we could have picked a different lineman over McGary but I'm still happy with how we went and how it turned out.

3 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

We have been needing to spend higher draft picks on olineman for a while now.  Glad we finally invested some premium picks on these guys.  I still think we could have picked a different lineman over McGary but I'm still happy with how we went and how it turned out.

I love the McGary Pick.. not that he was the best Lineman available, but because he is probably the most Loyal Lineman available... I guarantee you no one will cheapshot ICE without there being reprocussions

10 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Did you know his arms are longer than Joe Thomas’s & Jake Long’s, and only 1/2 inch shorter than Jake Matthews?

there are tackles w ‘short’ arms that have been great, and DEs with long arms that have been terrible. People put way to much stock in one number.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/12020/daily-mailbag-the-insanity-of-short-arms

Also funny, Miller, our CB from Washington has longer arms than McGary.

Don’t see it being too much of an issue for McGary since he usually punches first

1 hour ago, andrews31cain21 said:

I love the McGary Pick.. not that he was the best Lineman available, but because he is probably the most Loyal Lineman available... I guarantee you no one will cheapshot ICE without there being reprocussions

Well that is just a stupid way to look at it.