Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan

Let me slow this TOPIC down so the posters who are

98 posts in this topic

having trouble understanding the premise of the discussion can understand my mindset. First off I'm not saying Chris Lindstrom or OG Kaleb McGary are bad picks I'm saying they were over-drafted for their talent level and skills into the first round but both players would have been excellent 2nd rounder's all I'm saying is they were selected to high in the first round! Let's begin with Boston College OG Chris Lindstrom who had a late fist round (not # 14 overall) on him OG's Cody Ford and Dalton Risner rated out better. Now for Kaleb McGary whom I like better than Lindstrom lets look at Kaleb's completion Florida's RT Jawaan Taylor who played against SEC talent week in week out, OT Andre Dillard out of Washington State.

So as you can see there was plenty of high quality personnel around our selections. Let's go to selection # 14 were gonna regret the day we passed up Montez Sweat at # 14 the dude will be a superstar we could have kept our 2 nd round pick and selected the beloved OG Chris Lindstrom with it he would have been there no one else thought as much about him as we did, as for OG Kaleb McGary he would have also been there in the third round I believe the fourth we will also regret the day we didn't trade ahead of the Giants and select DB outta Georgia DeAndre Baker no TD's allowed in over 2 years in the SEC no receiver had a 100 yard game in his career against Baker in the SEC ... The Falcons blew the he!! outta this draft... But yall just keep patting each other on the back!!!

 

Spts1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, so you couldn't possibly have put this in your pre-existing thread, but had to make yet another thread for your response to everyone else's responses?

 sex
Label given to any person who craves attention to such an extent that they will do anything to receive it. The type of attention (negative or positive) does not matter.
 
You're such a GD attention whore!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lindstrom has pro bowls, and possibly all-pro nods in his future, but keep telling yourself he was over-drafted. McGary will be a great run-blocker from jump, and good enough in pass protection. He should also end up as one of the best players at his position a few years down the road. He would’ve been taken by the pats with the next pick, so the trade up was necessary.

TD also predicted the run on tackles in the early second, so we would’ve missed out on one altogether if not for the trade-up. Falcons took care of two O-line spots for the next decade, but be mad if you want.

Falcons are counting on DQ to fix the defense, and I think he will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's ok to disagree with people. Why do some feel so bent on creating thread after thread and post after post justifying why they didn't like our picks?

 

GeorgiaBoyz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep hearing certain posters say "no one thought as highly of Lindstrom as we did," but from what I saw, and what was reported, there were several teams in the top 20 who rated him highly. You could make a better argument that McGary was overdrafted, but given the Pats were about to take him (not as sure as the Takk/Cowboys thing, but close), I think the trade up made sense overall.

It is what it is. I think these guys are gonna be ballers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

I keep hearing certain posters say "no one thought as highly of Lindstrom as we did," but from what I saw, and what was reported, there were several teams in the top 20 who rated him highly. You could make a better argument that McGary was overdrafted, but given the Pats were about to take him (not as sure as the Takk/Cowboys thing, but close), I think the trade up made sense overall.

It is what it is. I think these guys are gonna be ballers.

No way dude!! Ford was ranked higher that's why he went in the 2nd!! And Taylor was top 5!!...in the second...

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

No way dude!! Ford was ranked higher that's why he went in the 2nd!! And Taylor was top 5!!...in the second...

I was on the Ford bandwagon but if the Falcons had him higher on "their" board, they would have took him.  Same for Lawrence fans (I was one of them too).   I personally think Lindstrom was Plan B or C.  I think we were waiting for Wilkins to come to us (based on DQ's, exuberance when asked about him after he was drafted by Miami).  Maybe there was even some hope for Oliver too.  When both fell through, we took the next highest guy on our board.  I cannot complain if that's how things went down.  Trading back requires a partner who wants to move up and is willing to give you the right compensation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

No we couldn't have

How you figure? If some other team needed 14, we could have dropped below 20, picked up an additional pick and still could have gotten Lindstrom, traded back into the first and got McGary.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I was on the Ford bandwagon but if the Falcons had him higher on "their" board, they would have took him.  Same for Lawrence fans (I was one of them too).   I personally think Lindstrom was Plan B or C.  I think we were waiting for Wilkins to come to us (based on DQ's, exuberance when asked about him after he was drafted by Miami).  Maybe there was even some hope for Oliver too.  When both fell through, we took the next highest guy on our board.  I cannot complain if that's how things went down.  Trading back requires a partner who wants to move up and is willing to give you the right compensation.

To add to that, it's been said we tried to move up to #3 to get Q.Williams, which sounds like Plan A.

Wilkins sounded like Plan B and when both were gone, we went with the best O-lineman in the draft.

Also anybody thinking Linstrom and McGary would have made it out of the first few picks in the second round are 100% crazy. Pats might have taken McGary in the first, and considering Fusco being booted, DQ and TD did the right thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe reached a bit but they've got to be more talented than what we've been putting out there on the Oline. That's been our biggest weakness outside of 2016.

UnrealfalcoN likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan said:

having trouble understanding the premise of the discussion can understand my mindset. First off I'm not saying Chris Lindstrom or OG Kaleb McGary are bad picks I'm saying they were over-drafted for their talent level and skills into the first round but both players would have been excellent 2nd rounder's all I'm saying is they were selected to high in the first round! Let's begin with Boston College OG Chris Lindstrom who had a late fist round (not # 14 overall) on him OG's Cody Ford and Dalton Risner rated out better. Now for Kaleb McGary whom I like better than Lindstrom lets look at Kaleb's completion Florida's RT Jawaan Taylor who played against SEC talent week in week out, OT Andre Dillard out of Washington State.

So as you can see there was plenty of high quality personnel around our selections. Let's go to selection # 14 were gonna regret the day we passed up Montez Sweat at # 14 the dude will be a superstar we could have kept our 2 nd round pick and selected the beloved OG Chris Lindstrom with it he would have been there no one else thought as much about him as we did, as for OG Kaleb McGary he would have also been there in the third round I believe the fourth we will also regret the day we didn't trade ahead of the Giants and select DB outta Georgia DeAndre Baker no TD's allowed in over 2 years in the SEC no receiver had a 100 yard game in his career against Baker in the SEC ... The Falcons blew the he!! outta this draft... But yall just keep patting each other on the back!!!

 

Cry a little more and you'll feel better. 

GhostofGritz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan said:

having trouble understanding the premise of the discussion can understand my mindset. First off I'm not saying Chris Lindstrom or OG Kaleb McGary are bad picks I'm saying they were over-drafted for their talent level and skills into the first round but both players would have been excellent 2nd rounder's all I'm saying is they were selected to high in the first round! Let's begin with Boston College OG Chris Lindstrom who had a late fist round (not # 14 overall) on him OG's Cody Ford and Dalton Risner rated out better. Now for Kaleb McGary whom I like better than Lindstrom lets look at Kaleb's completion Florida's RT Jawaan Taylor who played against SEC talent week in week out, OT Andre Dillard out of Washington State.

So as you can see there was plenty of high quality personnel around our selections. Let's go to selection # 14 were gonna regret the day we passed up Montez Sweat at # 14 the dude will be a superstar we could have kept our 2 nd round pick and selected the beloved OG Chris Lindstrom with it he would have been there no one else thought as much about him as we did, as for OG Kaleb McGary he would have also been there in the third round I believe the fourth we will also regret the day we didn't trade ahead of the Giants and select DB outta Georgia DeAndre Baker no TD's allowed in over 2 years in the SEC no receiver had a 100 yard game in his career against Baker in the SEC ... The Falcons blew the he!! outta this draft... But yall just keep patting each other on the back!!!

 

Maybe you should put in a resume to all 32 teams, I'm sure they made it without your insight all these years by shear luck. 

GhostofGritz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now