ryantlanta

BRANDON FUSCO CUT WITH A FAILED PHYSICAL DESIGNATION

105 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

oh he was giving me crap about it as well. try to keep up. not everything is about you. you'll need to learn that when you grow up.... Kidd.

Lol someday I hope you learn to act your age not your shoe size. I'm done with you. Have fun being alone!!

ya_boi_j, Drew4719 and youngbloodz like this

19 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

The hits are from 3 games, he played 3.5 more. Fusco had given up almost same as Wes and others combined for whole season. Bottom line, like DQ said he is scrubbing ever bit left after C and LT. Even Wes is on bubble, he either makes it as center or is gone. RYan Schraeder and Fusco were terrible and both are gone. 

For the year he allowed 2 sacks and 3 an hits.  Not good, clearly.  But not trash

falcons007 likes this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

For the year he allowed 2 sacks and 3 an hits.  Not good, clearly.  But not trash

Lol. Your numbers aren’t accurate. You related to Fusco? Anyways it doesn’t matter DQ just scrubbed the OL. All that matters is they are fixing what’s broken. 

25 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I know J is in your head and owns you but don't be dragging him into our beef

I’m not gonna give that pathways patient the energy. He’s honestly irrelevant to me. Do ya thang 

Ovie_Lover likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I’m not gonna give that pathways patient the energy. He’s honestly irrelevant to me. Do ya thang 

See my most recent reply :ninja:

ya_boi_j likes this

5 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

If Fusco had no chance at being healthy at least in time to compete for a roster spot that's one thing.  I would have liked to see him out there in order to establish some sort of competition. Not enough competition for roster spots, I think, was a problem for this team last year.

I'm thinking this is more a salary cap move, than the Falcons saying 'the player won't be ready for training camp' sort of thing.

Yep there is not much competition it seems that  this is a good act. The players are set.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. Your numbers aren’t accurate. You related to Fusco? Anyways it doesn’t matter DQ just scrubbed the OL. All that matters is they are fixing what’s broken. 

Fusco allowed two sacks and three QB hits in just 436 snaps played. For comparison’s sake, Schweitzer allowed the same two sacks and just one QB hit in 901 snaps played, which was more than twice as many as Fusco.

wuskillzz likes this

14 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Levitre was a high quality OG, they just wouldn’t cut him. It was unfortunate he got hurt again. Levitre replaced Blalock with out missing a beat. RG has been a turnstile since Harvey Dahl left may be except for a year with Chester on borrowed time. Hopefully Lindstorm can close the gap. 

I don’t have a reading on where Lindstrom will start right now. My gut is whether the staff likes Carpenter better at LG or Brown at RG, as Chris can play either side more so than those two.

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

He's clearly not getting it at home

Can’t be. Here’s what to look out for. The more you ignore him, the more he will follow you thread to thread making himself look more foolish. Just let him ruin himself

Drew4719, Ovie_Lover and EJmusic like this

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Fusco allowed two sacks and three QB hits in just 436 snaps played. For comparison’s sake, Schweitzer allowed the same two sacks and just one QB hit in 901 snaps played, which was more than twice as many as Fusco.

I mean, they didn’t even play the same position and one had familiarity with Mack and got to play next to Matthews; the other had a quick judgment by the fans and had to play next to a severely regressed Schraeder.

:shrug: 

Does anyone know what the Falcon;s salary cap number will be once this has been processed?

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And ButtaFusco was our splash signing last year.

To be fair, Fusco was an improvement over what we had at the time.   Which isn't saying much...

Still he was more of a kerplunk than a splash, right....:rolleyes:

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

25 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

You are every where my man, the 108 hits NFL tracks is different than PFF. According to PFF falcons gave up less than 50 hits. And Fusco gave up lot of QBs pressures too. 

25 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I don’t have a reading on where Lindstrom will start right now. My gut is whether the staff likes Carpenter better at LG or Brown at RG, as Chris can play either side more so than those two.

This is where it gets tricky and probably have to wait till the TC. 

Carpenter is a high quality Man blocking LG, he struggled in zone at Seattle and NYJ last year. 

Brown is decent Zone blocking RG. 

I guess Lindstorm at LG might be a better option if he can play both OG positions. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

36 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

An entirely rookie right side of OL seems like something they'd want to avoid

32 minutes ago, wuskillzz said:

Does anyone know what the Falcon;s salary cap number will be once this has been processed?

We're roughly a bit over 5 million right now

wuskillzz likes this

3 hours ago, vel said:

Welp, now with no Fusco and Wes a very fringe OL at this point, seems like signing Carpenter and Brown were smart overpays to ensure we weren't sunk at the position before camp even begins. 

Seems like I've heard that before.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

You are every where my man, the 108 hits NFL tracks is different than PFF. According to PFF falcons gave up less than 50 hits. And Fusco gave up lot of QBs pressures too. 

Here is the article, bro.

2018 let downs: Brandon Fusco fails to make an impact

Atlanta’s big offseason signing was an absolute dud in year one.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thefalcoholic.com/platform/amp/2019/1/29/18193755/2018-atlanta-falcons-let-downs-brandon-fusco-fails-to-make-an-impact

In 2018, the Falcons made a $150 million investment in quarterback Matt Ryan.

After seeing him get poked, prodded and knocked around 108 times last season, the franchise was determined to protect its immense investment.

In free agency the Falcons added five blockers and spent $12 million in guaranteed money and then selected two potential starters on the offensive line in the first round of the NFL draft, while giving up some valuable draft capital.

Stryka likes this

4 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Wish him well.  Now the Lindstrom pick makes much more sense

Was it not enough that both guards from last year were underwhelming and their backups were worst? 

We had to cut one them for it to make sense?

We were god awful at G last year. ALL of them! Not 1 guard was good. Thats reason enough to bring about a complete overhaul. 2 pedestrians signings were never going to solve the issue alone. 

25 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Here is the article, bro.

2018 let downs: Brandon Fusco fails to make an impact

Atlanta’s big offseason signing was an absolute dud in year one.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thefalcoholic.com/platform/amp/2019/1/29/18193755/2018-atlanta-falcons-let-downs-brandon-fusco-fails-to-make-an-impact

In 2018, the Falcons made a $150 million investment in quarterback Matt Ryan.

After seeing him get poked, prodded and knocked around 108 times last season, the franchise was determined to protect its immense investment.

In free agency the Falcons added five blockers and spent $12 million in guaranteed money and then selected two potential starters on the offensive line in the first round of the NFL draft, while giving up some valuable draft capital.

You should lay off Falcoholic. We good bro, now on to the new OL.