ryantlanta

BRANDON FUSCO CUT WITH A FAILED PHYSICAL DESIGNATION

105 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I think Gettis has some experience at center.

They could ask Lindstorm to take some reps at center. Interior could be Brown, Lindstorm and Carpenter if Mack gets hurt.

Ergo Proxy likes this

10 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And ButtaFusco was our splash signing last year.

Lmao. He wasn’t splash signing, he had to compete for the job. 

Posted (edited)

47 minutes ago, hjerry said:

You mean the McCoy currently on the bucs roster?

If anything, this is about lining up our roster for any other cuts around the post-6/1 timing...even if McCoy was released or a DE or CB depth etc.

Not surprising for a 30+ age veteran coming off a major injury to get the boot.

They learned their lesson with Andy last year and it's easy now to reclaim some cap space after securing the draft; which pre-draft it was hoped he could recover and compete with the other 3 interior OGs with starting experience. Shame he didn't really get a chance...our entire OL was set back with him and Levitre going down. Running game would've been much better had starting 5 lasted all year; maybe hiding Schraeder's regression some.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

5 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

If anything, this is about lining up our roster for any other cuts around the post-6/1 timing...even if McCoy was released or a DE or CB depth etc.

They learned their lesson with Andy last year and it's easy now to reclaim some cap space after securing the draft; which pre-draft it was hoped he could recover and compete with the other 3 interior OGs with starting experience. Shame he didn't really get a chance...our entire OL was set back with him and Levitre going down. Running game would've been much better had starting 5 lasted all year; maybe hiding Ryan's regression some.

Clarifying Ryan Schraeder before people come for you.

12 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

How about this ? 

Fusco Pass blocking fails in 3 games : 17 (hits+Sack+ pressures) and 2 penalties. 

Wes: Pass blocking failures for whole season: 25. 

Last I checked Fusco didn’t score 31 ppg.

DQ said it himself, the offensive line ran in to tough defenses in middle half of the season. Fusco probably would have been thrown around like rag doll. 

Fusco played half the year

30 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Only 1 guy can be designated...the shredder

Yeah rule changed a few years ago to allow designation of 2 june 1 cuts, but honestly, Fusco will only save us extra 750k in the event that we actually need to designate him a June 1 cut.

2 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Naaa Asamougha was actually good . That whole situation is still weird to this day though. 

Asamoah blew out his back, ive always followed him on sm.. Hes doing better now, but had multiple disc injury his last season 

24 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

How about this ? 

Fusco Pass blocking fails in 3 games : 17 (hits+Sack+ pressures) and 2 penalties. 

Wes: Pass blocking failures for whole season: 25. 

Last I checked Fusco didn’t score 31 ppg.

DQ said it himself, the offensive line ran in to tough defenses in middle half of the season. Fusco probably would have been thrown around like rag doll. 

I never said he was great las year.  But he was average and the team played better with him in the lineup.

Ryan was hit 108 times...Fusco’s 3 still mean 105 are on the table

31 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Actually a center that tall would be a bad thing.

Alex is 6'4. Ok. Need those long arms tho.

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I never said he was great las year.  But he was average and the team played better with him in the lineup.

Ryan was hit 108 times...Fusco’s 3 still mean 105 are on the table

The hits are from 3 games, he played 3.5 more. Fusco had given up almost same as Wes and others combined for whole season. Bottom line, like DQ said he is scrubbing ever bit left after C and LT. Even Wes is on bubble, he either makes it as center or is gone. RYan Schraeder and Fusco were terrible and both are gone. 

7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

No.  2.4 mill

but than we dont have to worry about next year. 
I think this could be a good thing due to we can maybe lock up some of our defense guys...... and not give julio the money. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

7 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I know J is in your head and owns you but don't be dragging him into our beef

ohhhh now I see why he needs money. to pay me. thanks for clearing that up fiddo. 

bigjmw84 likes this

27 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

They learned their lesson with Andy last year and it's easy now to reclaim some cap space after securing the draft; which pre-draft it was hoped he could recover and compete with the other 3 interior OGs with starting experience. Shame he didn't really get a chance...our entire OL was set back with him and Levitre going down. Running game would've been much better had starting 5 lasted all year; maybe hiding Schraeder's regression some.

Levitre was a high quality OG, they just wouldn’t cut him. It was unfortunate he got hurt again. Levitre replaced Blalock with out missing a beat. RG has been a turnstile since Harvey Dahl left may be except for a year with Chester on borrowed time. Hopefully Lindstorm can close the gap. 

3 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

ohhhh now I see why he needs money. to pay me. thanks for clearing that up fiddo. 

I meant Ya boy J, not Julio. Work on your reading champ.

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I meant Ya boy J, not Julio. Work on your reading champ.

15 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I know J is in your head and owns you but don't be dragging him into our beef

I am suppose to work on my reading, when all you say is J? and Julio was the subject. 

therefore you need to work on your writing skills, kidd. 

4 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

I am suppose to work on my reading, when all you say is J? and Julio was the subject. 

therefore you need to work on your writing skills, kidd. 

I said don't bring J into our beef, context clues boy

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

I said don't bring J into our beef, context clues baby boy

oh he was giving me crap about it as well. try to keep up. not everything is about you. you'll need to learn that when you grow up.... Kidd.

2 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

In retrospect, this was forseeable.  And it explains a little.

How much dead money is this?

It's easy to forget that he was out most of last season.

In a way, it is sort of empowering. . . We were DECIMATED by injuries last season and were still somewhat competitive.

2 hours ago, vel said:

Welp, now with no Fusco and Wes a very fringe OL at this point, seems like signing Carpenter and Brown were smart overpays to ensure we weren't sunk at the position before camp even begins. 

1 hour ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Depth....expensive at it may be, is priceless when protecting the FRANCHISE.

If Fusco had no chance at being healthy at least in time to compete for a roster spot that's one thing.  I would have liked to see him out there in order to establish some sort of competition. Not enough competition for roster spots, I think, was a problem for this team last year.

I'm thinking this is more a salary cap move, than the Falcons saying 'the player won't be ready for training camp' sort of thing.