Cole World

Falcons have agreed to terms with 16 College Free Agents

56 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Atlchamp99 said:

where is Tony Brooks-James

He has it pinned on his twitter that he signed. He could just be a tryout, or there could be another cut coming. 

Well, there's no doubt we have addressed size on the OL. It seems we're going into camp with close to 20 offensive linemen. I like that we have addressed that.

I also like that we seem determined to address the return position. We went for some pure speed this year.

On the flip side, it still concerns me greatly that I don't see a single player on the defense that is 320+. Teams are gonna zero in on that and try to run it down our throats. I hope Quinn is right and he can coach these guys up. But you can't change the laws of physics. Imo, we still need a space eater something desperate.

7 hours ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

I like 

Olamide Zaccheaus WR UVA

Del’Shawn Phillips LB ILL

Zach reminds me somewhat of Tim Dwight.....quick, sudden, faster than hail.

I think he is on the fast track to make this team.....

Now, if the Seahawks let JD McKissick go, we need to go after -him-...

6 hours ago, slider said:

Tre' Crawford LB from UAB isn't full breast yet but he has breast like potential with some hard coaching. Certainly has the measurables.

Is on D cup of greatness?

datboilando and slider like this

On 4/29/2019 at 2:31 PM, slider said:

Tre' Crawford LB from UAB isn't full breast yet but he has breast like potential with some hard coaching. Certainly has the measurables.

His breasts has measurables?  I said that about Raquel Welch a time or two. Are we talking the same thing here? For a minute I thought I was on a football talk site. 

7 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Looks like mostly CB, LB and WR. DQ May find another Brian Poole. 

I was gonna say, literally half of that crop is either LB or WR, which is kind of interesting. I thought it would be more DL heavy than anything. I guess DQ is pretty much all-in on Beasley righting the ship. Good ****in' luck man lol

Flying Falcon and falcons007 like this

3 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

On the flip side, it still concerns me greatly that I don't see a single player on the defense that is 320+. Teams are gonna zero in on that and try to run it down our throats. I hope Quinn is right and he can coach these guys up. But you can't change the laws of physics. Imo, we still need a space eater something desperate.

you know, Quinn's been here going on 5 years now. If he wanted that giant DT, he would have one on the roster.

9 hours ago, falconidae said:

you know, Quinn's been here going on 5 years now. If he wanted that giant DT, he would have one on the roster.

Well that's clear by now. We'll see how it works out.

19 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Glad he doesn’t have full breast. That would be weird.

It’s still weird that he has full breast potential. Maybe they will distract the other team. 

13 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Zach reminds me somewhat of Tim Dwight.....quick, sudden, faster than hail.

I think he is on the fast track to make this team.....

Now, if the Seahawks let JD McKissick go, we need to go after -him-...

I think JD was extended but who knows after the draft. I watched JD at camp last year and man he was lightning quick. 

19 hours ago, k-train said:

We actually have 5 RBs on the roster right now before factoring in Ollison & Green.

D. Freeman
I. Smith
B. Hill
J. Langford
K. Barner

Add in the draftees, and that's 7. We'll probably carry 4 on the 53-man roster, although if we are phasing out a dedicated FB, that could free up a spot for us to have the option of keeping 5 of these guys.

Free & Ito aren't going anywhere.

Unless Ollison completely stinks it up in preseason, he's almost certainly got a spot... especially if he has the ability to be used as a FB occasionally, too.

Hill & Langford will probably be in a battle against each other for a spot... or both could be gone.

If Green looks like a keeper in preseason, he likely makes Barner expendable as a KR/PR.

So when it's all said & done, I could see our RB stable being: Free, Ito, Ollie, Green active most weeks + Hill or Langford on the roster but inactive most weeks as a reserve.

You forgot the RB we drafted also...RB  Qadree Ollison....

13 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

I was gonna say, literally half of that crop is either LB or WR, which is kind of interesting. I thought it would be more DL heavy than anything. I guess DQ is pretty much all-in on Beasley righting the ship. Good ****in' luck man lol

I said it at the end of the season when every one thought Vic was gone. DQ probably thinks MM wasn’t good in utilizing the talent. Oh well DQ is betting his job in Vic and the DL.

59 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I said it at the end of the season when every one thought Vic was gone. DQ probably thinks MM wasn’t good in utilizing the talent. Oh well DQ is betting his job in Vic and the DL.

His fate is in his hands...seems like a pretty big gamble to just assume Beasley is going to have a miraculous awakening, but hey, it's his *** not mine lol

2 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

I think JD was extended but who knows after the draft. I watched JD at camp last year and man he was lightning quick. 

You do know he was with the Falcons when he first came into the league, right?  Played in all our preseason games?

14 hours ago, falconidae said:

If I remember right, Daylon Mack was there in the 5th round.  Taking Allison was fine, but I wanted Mack instead of Miller.

1 hour ago, egoprime II said:

You do know he was with the Falcons when he first came into the league, right?  Played in all our preseason games?

Yes. That’s how I knew who he was. 

egoprime II likes this