Cole World

Falcons have agreed to terms with 16 College Free Agents

56 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Atlchamp99 said:

where is Tony Brooks-James

We have 3 rbs on the roster amd drafted 1 possibly 2.quinn said wr green going to be a half back.so i wouldnt be surprised if he just took a different offer else where

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Boise Falcon Fan

I'm intrigued with DE Durrant Miles. What can you tell me about him.

Quote

Miles has picked up momentum following an impressive Pro Day workout at Boise State earlier this month and appears to have put himself in consideration for a late-round pick. He’s hoping to at least secure a free agent contract should he end up going undrafted.

“My chances are great,” Miles told the Idaho Press this week. “Not only my performance the last four years at Boise State but especially Pro Day, I think I separated myself from a lot of guys in my class and I think a lot of teams took notice to that.

“I’ve been talking with a bunch of different teams, 20-plus teams have contacted me over the last month or so. As things get close here I’ve been getting a lot of phone calls confirming my draft day number, where I will fly out from, that kind of stuff. It’s a really exciting time.”

The 6-foot-5, 261-pound Miles was named All-Mountain West Honorable Mention after finishing third on the Broncos with 4.5 sacks and fourth with 6.5 tackles-for-loss last season. He started 28 games and appeared in 50 during his career at Boise State. Off the field he’s got no red flags and is considered a strong leader.

“A lot of teams took notice of my explosiveness at Pro Day,” Miles said. “I’m big and physical, but I’m also explosive. With my 34-inch vertical, my 9-(foot)-5 broad (jump), that puts me right up there with some of the top guys at the combine. My 10-yard split being a 1.68 for my 40, that’s a great time as well.

“I think I’ve set myself up in the best position I can to give me the best advantage over others in this draft class. It’s a really exciting time. I’m just waiting for that phone call.”

 

 

blackredfellow likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Cole World said:

@Boise Falcon Fan

I'm intrigued with DE Durrant Miles. What can you tell me about him.

 

 

Other than he is said to be a great leader, and high character, I don't know much.  He's solid against the run too.  

 

Cole World likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, slider said:

I think I heard Holyfield was signed by the Panthers.

Oh God.....this is only gonna get worse......

 

Holyfield is gonna kill us.......We should've signed him.......He's gonna run all over our soft defense because we can't draft right......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Califalcon0013 said:

We have 3 rbs on the roster amd drafted 1 possibly 2.quinn said wr green going to be a half back.so i wouldnt be surprised if he just took a different offer else where

We actually have 5 RBs on the roster right now before factoring in Ollison & Green.

D. Freeman
I. Smith
B. Hill
J. Langford
K. Barner

Add in the draftees, and that's 7. We'll probably carry 4 on the 53-man roster, although if we are phasing out a dedicated FB, that could free up a spot for us to have the option of keeping 5 of these guys.

Free & Ito aren't going anywhere.

Unless Ollison completely stinks it up in preseason, he's almost certainly got a spot... especially if he has the ability to be used as a FB occasionally, too.

Hill & Langford will probably be in a battle against each other for a spot... or both could be gone.

If Green looks like a keeper in preseason, he likely makes Barner expendable as a KR/PR.

So when it's all said & done, I could see our RB stable being: Free, Ito, Ollie, Green active most weeks + Hill or Langford on the roster but inactive most weeks as a reserve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Oh God.....this is only gonna get worse......

 

Holyfield is gonna kill us.......We should've signed him.......He's gonna run all over our soft defense because we can't draft right......

LOl,...

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Oh God.....this is only gonna get worse......

 

Holyfield is gonna kill us.......We should've signed him.......He's gonna run all over our soft defense because we can't draft right......

ColorfulFreeChinesecrocodilelizard-size_

Lucas, JDaveG and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, k-train said:

We actually have 5 RBs on the roster right now before factoring in Ollison & Green.

D. Freeman
I. Smith
B. Hill
J. Langford
K. Barner

Add in the draftees, and that's 7. We'll probably carry 4 on the 53-man roster, although if we are phasing out a dedicated FB, that could free up a spot for us to have the option of keeping 5 of these guys.

Free & Ito aren't going anywhere.

Unless Ollison completely stinks it up in preseason, he's almost certainly got a spot... especially if he has the ability to be used as a FB occasionally, too.

Hill & Langford will probably be in a battle against each other for a spot... or both could be gone.

If Green looks like a keeper in preseason, he likely makes Barner expendable as a KR/PR.

So when it's all said & done, I could see our RB stable being: Free, Ito, Ollie, Green active most weeks + Hill or Langford on the roster but inactive most weeks as a reserve.

I agree.

Cut Ortiz and make Ollison a part-time FB with Stocker. :tiphat:

There, another spot open.

TNFalcon1, egoprime II and k-train like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falcon22 said:

Bethune is intriguing, his highlights show something 

 

He’s fast. But he’s awful lean. Wonder what he weighed in at

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I agree.

Cut Ortiz and make Ollison a part-time FB with Stocker. :tiphat:

There, another spot open.

Stocker is good enough to be FT FB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Stocker is good enough to be FT FB

True, but it'd be nice to have a backup option already on the roster in case Stocker got hurt during a game... and/or just to provide different looks & give opposing defenses even more to have to think about/prepare for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I agree.

Cut Ortiz and make Ollison a part-time FB with Stocker. :tiphat:

There, another spot open.

I would love to see an I formation in short yardage situation with Ollison as FB and Free/Ito as RB. That should be hard to defend.

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now