putnam6

Defaults on Falcons’ PSLs reach $30 million, records show

48 posts in this topic

Im not surprised at all. It will probably get even worse. Building MBS and charging PSL's did kill our home field advantage. That's why anytime I hear AB say the fans are important I just smh. I also heard the players have complained about the fan support. 

Watching the game at home is much more convenient and you can see more of the game. All the talk about the fan experience at MBS is a joke. Arthur all we want is a championship team. You got it wrong from a fan perspective. Real football fans probably could care less how nice the mall I mean stadium is...

We enjoy going to away games. Tampa and Charlotte are both short drives from the Atlanta area. 

Outdoor football and lots of Falcon fans!

putnam6 likes this

15 minutes ago, AvidFalconFan said:

Im not surprised at all. It will probably get even worse. Building MBS and charging PSL's did kill our home field advantage. That's why anytime I hear AB say the fans are important I just smh. I also heard the players have complained about the fan support. 

Watching the game at home is much more convenient and you can see more of the game. All the talk about the fan experience at MBS is a joke. Arthur all we want is a championship team. You got it wrong from a fan perspective. Real football fans probably could care less how nice the mall I mean stadium is...

We enjoy going to away games. Tampa and Charlotte are both short drives from the Atlanta area. 

I’ve gone to Raymond James a few times, and I gotta say it’s pretty **** fun because there are usually a ridiculously large amount of Falcons fans there.  Can definitely hear us raising **** in that stadium. 

Nothing is going to change until the year after Ryan retires and the team goes into a rebuilding mode.  Few then will be interested in committing to a season-long purchase for a team not expected to have a winning season (even if a new QB is around, how many will expect an instant star like Ryan).

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

3 hours ago, capologist said:

100% agree.  It's fun to be in the atmosphere of the game but you see more on TV especially gamepass all-22 and I don't have to ride MARTA and I don't have to drive an hour and a half there and back...

But the strip clubs!!

capologist likes this

3 hours ago, Shiney_McShine said:

I was a season ticket holder for many years until the PSLs came along. The Dome was a suitable, already paid for facility. It met the needs and didn't cost the fans, or the city any additional money. 

The sell:

Get a new stadium and we get to host the Superbowl!! -  So what? How many of us gained anything from the Superbowl being in town? 

$5 beers and $2 hot dogs? - I can still do cheaper at home, and better quality. Anyone buying PSLs for the discounted beer and hot dogs needs to re-evaluate their life. 

Let's be real. This new stadium and the PSLs  had nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with the ownership and the NFL. 

I'm still a Falcons fan, but it will be some time before I will go to a game. 

I just straight up can't afford even single games in my circumstances, but can't imagine the struggle of adjusting from life holding Dome season tickets compared to what I hear about the PSLs. Yikes.

putnam6 and high impact like this

To each their own, but I personally love game day atmosphere, tailgating beforehand with just as good of food as you guys staying at home make. I am sure you get a better view sitting at home in front of your 100' inch tv's and zero wait lines for the bathrooms, but for those 8 games a year there is nothing like it being live in the stands. I will say the stadium is full of people who only come for the party and barely watch the game which is my major gripe about the Benz. It would also be nice if they could do something about the club seats being half empty with all the people mingling in the field level club areas

This is going to be an interesting year because I applied and made the cut for this new Super Fan section, no real information on how its going to be run, but there will be three sections around the stadium and everyone in this area is encouraged to stand and cheer the entire game...ala Atlanta United I am guessing. 

4 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s a mistake to not set aside 5,000 tix each game for the walk-up fans or those unable to pony up $10,000 a year to watch a game.

If they ever do that I will come back. Screw PSLs and inflated ticket prices on the secondary market. But I will always watch on TV and cheer like **** for the Birds.

FalconsIn2020 and putnam6 like this

4 hours ago, vel said:

Do you need a PSL for Atlanta United games? 

I don’t believe so. I think their pricing structure is different, real fans can actually afford to go to games. Turnouts for their matches are incredible 

vel likes this

i had psl in the founders section , it think that what it was called...    i paid my psl tickets for the year and was up to 14k on my 2 seats.  my card had declined payment because MBS didn't take sept payment then tried to take both payments for october..   my bank though it was fraud so it declined the payment... because my rep didn't call me but som BS email that went to spam, i missed the deadline to catch it up by 1 day, i was gifting my brother the Giants game tickets and noticed they were gone...       because i missed they dropped me from the psl, and my seats sold. the tried to sell me seats in a lame section to make up for their mistake..     now i have a "credit" but i said screw it thats how you'll do fans my money will stay in escrow 

notthatcool and JeffAtl like this

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered..

The amount of fun that going to games brings has been far eclipsed by how much it costs. 

It wasn't a big deal to go to multiple games a year or have season tickets back when it cost about as much as going out to eat. We're way beyond that now. 

17 hours ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

i had psl in the founders section , it think that what it was called...    i paid my psl tickets for the year and was up to 14k on my 2 seats.  my card had declined payment because MBS didn't take sept payment then tried to take both payments for october..   my bank though it was fraud so it declined the payment... because my rep didn't call me but som BS email that went to spam, i missed the deadline to catch it up by 1 day, i was gifting my brother the Giants game tickets and noticed they were gone...       because i missed they dropped me from the psl, and my seats sold. the tried to sell me seats in a lame section to make up for their mistake..     now i have a "credit" but i said screw it thats how you'll do fans my money will stay in escrow 

Wow, that is a really bad string of bad luck and bad service. First of all, you probably need to switch banks if yours declined 2 payments and didn't let you know. I get a text, email and a phone call for anything weird that happens with my credit card. My MB rep does contact me by email (as I have requested), but I do get phone calls for anything important that I need to do. I am astonished that you had your PSL cancelled without a phone call; I imagine that they didn't have your number on file, they had your payment declined by your bank, and then thought you were ignoring their means of contacting you (email). I can understand, but still terrible luck. There are other PSLs in the Founders Section for sale on the secondary market for about the same price you originally paid (some more, some less), so I would think if you wanted to get back in without a financial loss, you could.

JeffAtl and falconfanEST1989 like this

20 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I don’t believe so. I think their pricing structure is different, real fans can actually afford to go to games. Turnouts for their matches are incredible 

Average attendance for United games is still far less than Falcons, but still best in MLS. They don't require PSLs and tickets are cheaper, but there are a LOT more games, and each game is not as "meaningful" as an NFL game.

Just because we pay to go to Falcons games, we are not less of "real fans" than those that don't or can't. I personally travel 250 miles from Northeast Tennessee for every home game (now in my 12th year!), so I think I qualify as a real fan.

JeffAtl likes this

30 minutes ago, esmithidoc said:

Average attendance for United games is still far less than Falcons, but still best in MLS. They don't require PSLs and tickets are cheaper, but there are a LOT more games, and each game is not as "meaningful" as an NFL game.

Just because we pay to go to Falcons games, we are not less of "real fans" than those that don't or can't. I personally travel 250 miles from Northeast Tennessee for every home game (now in my 12th year!), so I think I qualify as a real fan.

Nobody is taking shots at your fandom, brother. I think you mistook the intent of the post. 

On 4/30/2019 at 4:38 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

I just straight up can't afford even single games in my circumstances, but can't imagine the struggle of adjusting from life holding Dome season tickets compared to what I hear about the PSLs. Yikes.

same here

On 4/30/2019 at 3:23 PM, AvidFalconFan said:

LOL Mall is right, thats the vibe you get a high priced mall that has football games.

Tim Mazetti likes this

3 hours ago, esmithidoc said:

Wow, that is a really bad string of bad luck and bad service. First of all, you probably need to switch banks if yours declined 2 payments and didn't let you know. I get a text, email and a phone call for anything weird that happens with my credit card. My MB rep does contact me by email (as I have requested), but I do get phone calls for anything important that I need to do. I am astonished that you had your PSL cancelled without a phone call; I imagine that they didn't have your number on file, they had your payment declined by your bank, and then thought you were ignoring their means of contacting you (email). I can understand, but still terrible luck. There are other PSLs in the Founders Section for sale on the secondary market for about the same price you originally paid (some more, some less), so I would think if you wanted to get back in without a financial loss, you could.

The psl was current , the season tickets were the payments.  I'll look into the tickets that you're telling me about.    

esmithidoc likes this

On 4/30/2019 at 3:23 PM, AvidFalconFan said:

AFCS was a blast, even at 45 degrees and the pillars. This is football.

4 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Nobody is taking shots at your fandom, brother. I think you mistook the intent of the post. 

LOL, no offense taken. I do think it’s funny though how it is often stated on the board that the folks who go to games now aren’t real fans.

JeffAtl likes this

On 4/30/2019 at 1:11 PM, Atlchamp99 said:

its the best thing ever tbh...sure going to a game once a year is fine but being there for 8 games a year is a headache and one that I dont want to deal with...

me not going to every game doesnt make me a bad fan...

the last game I went to was right after AB bought the team and he dropped tickets to PS games to I believe $35 each. Took a buddy for his birthday. Haven't been back, and won't be going to one at the sphincter......just can't afford it

Posted (edited)

My two "PSL's" are paid for. I enjoy every game I go to. I will say the experience is not as good as it was in the dome even if it's more shiney. 

Edited by FalconFan1st

6 minutes ago, FalconFan1st said:

My two "PSL's" are paid for. I enjoy every game I go to. I will say the experience is not as good as it was in the dome even if it's more shiney. 

If I am reading the posts here correctly, it's actually less Shiney.

I'll see myself out.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:27 PM, Cheyakita said:

To each their own, but I personally love game day atmosphere, tailgating beforehand with just as good of food as you guys staying at home make. I am sure you get a better view sitting at home in front of your 100' inch tv's and zero wait lines for the bathrooms, but for those 8 games a year there is nothing like it being live in the stands. I will say the stadium is full of people who only come for the party and barely watch the game which is my major gripe about the Benz. It would also be nice if they could do something about the club seats being half empty with all the people mingling in the field level club areas

This is going to be an interesting year because I applied and made the cut for this new Super Fan section, no real information on how its going to be run, but there will be three sections around the stadium and everyone in this area is encouraged to stand and cheer the entire game...ala Atlanta United I am guessing. 

Glad they are trying something, think you are seeing attendance suffer in a lot of sports, baseball is supposedly off too. In the NFL if a franchise has to manufacture a super fan sections they are doing it wrong, to begin with.  Even the Vikings and Niners have opened up single game tickets, after starting exclusively with PSL's. Falcon's forgot its starts with the football game itself, not the Stadium, everything ought to feed off the game not the gadgets or gimmicks.