Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan

Everybody that is somebody

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

and who gets paid to comment on the moves in this business every reputable draft service, every analyst, every pundit all said the Falcons under-performed and over-drafted players that would have been there when we selected in the 2nd and 3rd round! If it wasn't so sad it would be comical but since its my chitty underperforming Falcon team I'm mad as a mutha about it. This might go down as our worst draft ever, Linstrom makes Audrey Bruce look like Lawrence Taylor. All you Falcon Fanboys just remember we could have had OG's Dalton Risner or Cody Ford and/or OT Jawann Taylor or Andre Dillard instead of these guys selected a round too early...  Were gonna have millions of dollars riding the pine in Carpenter, Brown and Sambrillo...But look at the positive we have over a dozen offensive linemen and VB44...

Edited by Falcons&Dawgs#1Fan
Dirtybird3 likes this

Actually no one said they would be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Any overdrafting was by picks, not rounds. The run on OT’s would have left the Falcons with nobody after the Texans took their #1 OT. Lindstrom was EVERBODY’s OG1 BEFORE he ran a 4.91 40 at 308 lbs. We got who we wanted/needed. The double guard signing and Sambrallo do look suspect, but what if the run started one pick earlier? Then we would have an incomplete line after the draft!

The problem being a few important things:

For starters, Cody Ford and Jawaan Taylor suck, or at very least, are not nearly as good/valued as the pundits you reference made them out to be, seeing as how everyone passed on them until all the more well known OL were off the board.

As for Dillard, the guy has the look of a LT only. This was discussed immensely heading into the draft. He was arguably the best pass blocking OT in the draft, but struggles as a run blocker. We weren't looking for a LT. We've got that. Also, had we taken him first, the OG talent we would have had available would have plummeted, and Lindstrom was, by all reports, easily the consensus #1 interior OL in this draft.

Finally, and I've said this before, but in every draft, there is going to be some disparity between where the talking heads rank players, and where teams do. This draft, however, had this in the extremes. At nearly every pick, the media's rankings were torn asunder as teams picked players from all over their boards; 5,23,12, 6, 37, and so on. The media's take on who was the best could not have been more off from what teams actually thought, outside of the first 3 best being Williams, Bosa, and Allen, then followed by Oliver. 

In summary, your "argument" only works if you are completely incapable of rational thought, and only know and believe what the picture box tells you to.

Actually, none have hated on the picks. Many have complained about the spot taken. That’s totally different. Most talking heads have said they understand the strategy of the Falcons.

as far as money in the bench. First it’s. It your money, second it’s not like either are getting superstar money. If one starts the. We have a bargain btw. 

quickzero and Ergo Proxy like this

Are these the same sites that gave us crap about drafting Deion Jones and Keanu Neal too early? I remember the knocks on them by those sites pretty well. Deion was too small and Keanu misses too many tackles. 

Ergo Proxy and quickzero like this

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I thought I was everybody and somebody; so I clicked on this thread. Very disappointed I couldn't be more than when I thought of myself :tiphat: 

Also, gonna put this here:

Lol! So the truth finally comes out!

Ergo Proxy likes this

30 minutes ago, hjerry said:

The problem being a few important things:

For starters, Cody Ford and Jawaan Taylor suck, or at very least, are not nearly as good/valued as the pundits you reference made them out to be, seeing as how everyone passed on them until all the more well known OL were off the board.

As for Dillard, the guy has the look of a LT only. This was discussed immensely heading into the draft. He was arguably the best pass blocking OT in the draft, but struggles as a run blocker. We weren't looking for a LT. We've got that. Also, had we taken him first, the OG talent we would have had available would have plummeted, and Lindstrom was, by all reports, easily the consensus #1 interior OL in this draft.

Finally, and I've said this before, but in every draft, there is going to be some disparity between where the talking heads rank players, and where teams do. This draft, however, had this in the extremes. At nearly every pick, the media's rankings were torn asunder as teams picked players from all over their boards; 5,23,12, 6, 37, and so on. The media's take on who was the best could not have been more off from what teams actually thought, outside of the first 3 best being Williams, Bosa, and Allen, then followed by Oliver. 

In summary, your "argument" only works if you are completely incapable of rational thought, and only know and believe what the picture box tells you to.

I caught a lot of crap for it, but it’s a thin draft class. Not saying stars won’t emerge, but it’s thin. We got a huge haul. Seriously. 

BTW...Jacobs would have been a 2nd or 3rd in most draft years

thanat0s and Flyin' In DC like this

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I caught a lot of crap for it, but it’s a thin draft class. Not saying stars won’t emerge, but it’s thin. We got a huge haul. Seriously. 

BTW...Jacobs would have been a 2nd or 3rd in most draft years

Referring back to my last point and the disparity, it seemed to me that, without the high upside superstars, teams focused on needs based drafting and scheme fits even more than in most drafts, and this contributed heavily to the wild differences in where teams and the media valued players.

Posted (edited)

When the pundits, “draft experts” and the like start putting dozens of prospects through private workouts, interviews, background checks, questions about schemes and situational football BEFORE building their draft boards then maybe....maybe I’ll start considering their opinion but reality is most of these guys don’t know much more about the prospects than the average fan. Never forget how they collectively drug TD for the Debo and Neal picks. That fact alone should automatically cause you to discard every draft grade/post draft opinion ever.

Edited by shockerfalcon

11 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Referring back to my last point and the disparity, it seemed to me that, without the high upside superstars, teams focused on needs based drafting and scheme fits even more than in most drafts, and this contributed heavily to the wild differences in where teams and the media valued players.

Exactly!

Its why I didn’t mock and was taken aback Day one.

vel, Ovie_Lover, hjerry and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

OK,  some of you are just being sycophants. 

It's really sad that people can't disagree with the picks their team makes without getting mad into the bad guy. It's even worse when a team picks guys nobody on this or any other board thought were supposed to go as early as they did, then a horde of people line up to pretend it was an amazing move. All the while knowing good and darn well they would have vilified anyone for suggesting this before the draft. 

Hope you folks know if this doesn't go well you have no leg to stand on. 80% of you guys have hailed this as an amazing move so if it doesn't work out please don't complain later. 

I don't HATE our draft but it's a C for me. The D-Line was basically ignored in FA and the draft. We didn't address our LB corp at all despite giving up a ridiculous amount of short dump down passes. It's great to attack the O-Line hard but I believe 20 miland using rounds 1-3 on one part if the team is overkill. 

Edited by MD-FalconFan13
runshoot likes this

28 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

When the pundits, “draft experts” and the like start putting dozens of prospects through private workouts, interviews, background checks, questions about schemes and situational football BEFORE building their draft boards then maybe....maybe I’ll start considering their opinion but reality is most of these guys don’t know much more about the prospects than the average fan. Never forget how they collectively drug TD for the Debo and Neal picks. That fact alone should automatically cause you to discard every draft grade/post draft opinion ever.

I completely lost any sense of value in draft pundits opinions after seeing how most graded Quinn's drafts, and those guys especially. 

rugger8 likes this

2 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

OK,  some of you are just being sycophants. 

It's really sad that people can't disagree with the picks their team makes without getting mad into the bad guy. It's even worse when a team picks guys nobody on this or any other board thought were supposed to go as early as they did, then a horde of people line up to pretend it was an amazing move. All the while knowing good and darn well they would have vilified anyone for suggesting this before the draft. 

Hope you folks know if this doesn't go well you have no leg to stand on. 80% of you guys have hailed this as an amazing move so if it doesn't work out please don't complain later. 

I don't HATE our draft but it's a C for me. The D-Line was basically ignored jn FA and the draft. We didn't address our LB corp at despite giving up a ridiculous amount of short dump down passes. It's great to attack the O-Line hard but I believe 20 miland using rounds 1-3 on one part if the team is overkill. 

Beer or liquor? It feels pretty quality too because you haven't had so much that you aren't making sense..... Just enough to where you aren't making a lot of sense but you can tell where you were trying to go. 

Ovie_Lover and Mescalito like this