Cominsky trained with Bryan Cox

falcons007

Cominsky trained for the combine at Total Athletic Performance in Naples, Fla., and even worked with former Pro Bowl linebacker and longtime NFL assistant coach Bryan Cox. He’ll return to TAP to gear up for his workout March 13 at Marshall University’s pro day.”

Falcons flew to Ohio for a private work out with Cominsky, so did Cowboys who were rumored to pick him at 136. DQ probably got inputs from Bryan Cox too. 

https://www.ohio.com/sports/20190303/nfl-combine-notebook-barbertons-john-cominsky-adds-scary-good-40-yard-dash-to-his-underdog-story

Makes sense.  Cox probably called TD and was like, “I got this kid who’s 6’5 285 and runs a sub 4.6.  And he can get bigger and faster.  You need to check him out.”

Raw is probably an understatement for this kid, but that kind of quickness at that size can’t be taught, technique and nuance can.

I suspect he won’t dress for the 46 much this year, but next year we should see him at the 4 and 5 technique, and probably some bear and nascar packages, plus a staple on ST.

Going from facing 220-250 lb OL’s in DII to 300-330 lb OL’s in the NFL is going to take a he!! of a lot of adjustment.  You guys should really temper your enthusiasm for this kid. He’s a project and will take a bit of time.

23 minutes ago, Beef said:

Makes sense.  Cox probably called TD and was like, “I got this kid who’s 6’5 285 and runs a sub 4.6.  And he can get bigger and faster.  You need to check him out.”

Raw is probably an understatement for this kid, but that kind of quickness at that size can’t be taught, technique and nuance can.

I suspect he won’t dress for the 46 much this year, but next year we should see him at the 4 and 5 technique, and probably some bear and nascar packages, plus a staple on ST.

Going from facing 220-250 lb OL’s in DII to 300-330 lb OL’s in the NFL is going to take a he!! of a lot of adjustment.  You guys should really temper your enthusiasm for this kid. He’s a project and will take a bit of time.

He is a project, a high risk high reward player. If you see his progression, he was thrown around by division II OL and was forced to bulk. Looks like he has the right attitude and athleticism. DQ is right coach to work with to learn the skill.

1 hour ago, Beef said:

I disagree with one part of this, I think he'll be dressed every week, I mean no one wants nekkid guys like this hanging around on the sidelines  :ninja::ninja:

but seriously, Yes I realize he's a raw talent, but I do believe he'll be dressed and activated every week. We rotate these guys so much, he'll get some 'package' snaps that will have him out there surrounded by talent. Q likes to throw some guys feet in the fire, so to speak

32 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I disagree with one part of this, I think he'll be dressed every week, I mean no one wants nekkid guys like this hanging around on the sidelines  :ninja::ninja:

but seriously, Yes I realize he's a raw talent, but I do believe he'll be dressed and activated every week. We rotate these guys so much, he'll get some 'package' snaps that will have him out there surrounded by talent. Q likes to throw some guys feet in the fire, so to speak

With that speed, he can be a special teams guy. He is very raw but has shown he could learn.