Besides the Patriots who do you think has a legit chance to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl?

Now that the NFL draft and most of Free Agency is over who do you think has a legit shot to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl? I think the top 3 contenders would be The Patriots of course, The Chiefs (they added Frank Clark), and I think either the Steelers or Ravens could be in the mix. I expect Pittsburgh to surprise a lot of people this year. They will have better chemistry and less distraction. What do you guys think? 

How do you mention the Steelers and Ravens? Those teams are severely weaker than a team like the Chargers or even the Browns (on paper they look good but we'll see how they mesh).

Edit: Forgot the Colts, even the Texans, Jags if Foles can just ride that defense, Bills are a dark horse (wouldn't say superbowl but could make noise).

9 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

How do you mention the Steelers and Ravens? Those teams are severely weaker than a team like the Chargers or even the Browns (on paper they look good but we'll see how they mesh).

Ravens are always a threat because they always have a good defense. I think the Steelers will be good because they have a good running back and I think Brown and Bell were huge distractions. Both these teams are well coached.

The Chiefs are gonna struggle this year. There are a lot of issues going on there and a lot of change on defense. Also it will be nearly impossible for Mahomes to repeat that success. Their offense depends on it.

Let's see what the Chargers do. Consistency has never been their thing.

I'm picking a wild card here.... Houston. If they can keep their QB upright then they might have a chance.

7 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The Chiefs are gonna struggle this year. There are a lot of issues going on there and a lot of change on defense. Also it will be nearly impossible for Mahomes to repeat that success. Their offense depends on it.

Let's see what the Chargers do. Consistency has never been their thing.

I'm picking a wild card here.... Houston. If they can keep their QB upright then they might have a chance.

The Chargers always seem to choke in the playoffs. The Chiefs also now that I think about it. 

Chiefs will take a step back in 2019 after losing Hunt, Hill, Houston, Ford, and Berry; as well as there now being more film on Mahomes. They’ll still be good, but not as good. I’m aware they added Frank Clark and Tyrann Mathieu.

I’m drinking the Browns Kool-Aid and predicting they’ll win the AFC North this season, but their ceiling this year is 1 playoff win.

The team to play the Patriots in the AFCCG this season will be either the Chargers or Colts. Both of those teams will be very good. The Jaguars and Texans will also be good, but their ceilings are also 1 playoff win. 

20 hours ago, CTann said:

Chiefs will take a step back in 2019 after losing Hunt, Hill, Houston, Ford, and Berry; as well as there now being more film on Mahomes. They’ll still be good, but not as good. I’m aware they added Frank Clark and Tyrann Mathieu.

I’m drinking the Browns Kool-Aid and predicting they’ll win the AFC North this season, but their ceiling this year is 1 playoff win.

The team to play the Patriots in the AFCCG this season will be either the Chargers or Colts. Both of those teams will be very good. The Jaguars and Texans will also be good, but their ceilings are also 1 playoff win. 

If that's the case the Patriots will probably be back. I don't see the Chargers or Colts beating them. 

In this order for me would be: 

Chargers, chiefs, and colts.

Unfortunately, idk if any of these teams really improved. Chargers did some things I like, so they didn’t regress at least, but got their ***** handed to them in the divisional round. Chiefs lost a lot and I don’t expect them to be quite as good. And colts are still lacking in high tier players imo. 

Teams that may be able to do something like others have mentioned are Texans and Jags, and maybe the Steelers and ravens. Titans could do something too, seems like some are writing them off. Don’t think any other team in the conference will really do anything. 

23 minutes ago, athell said:

KC

CLE

LA

INDY

In that order, imo.

Who would have ever thought we'd be calling the Cleveland Browns super bowl contenders in 2019. Wow! That just shows you how weak the AFC is. If you took the Patriots out of the equation the AFC would probably be wide open because so many of the other playoff teams like La or KC tend to lose in playoff situations.

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Who would have ever thought we'd be calling the Cleveland Browns super bowl contenders in 2019. Wow! That just shows you how weak the AFC is. If you took the Patriots out of the equation the AFC would probably be wide open because so many of the other playoff teams like La or KC tend to lose in playoff situations.

It's incredible how quickly they went from laughing stock to legit.  I know people will scoff them away because they are Cleveland but that roster is staaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked.

32 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Baltimore is a team that used to beat New England a lot in the playoffs. Now that they lost Suggs and Lewis I would be skeptical that they still could.

They added some nice pieces to an already stout defense in Earl Thomas, Jaylon Ferguson and Daylon Mack. Also gave their QB some decent weapons with Mark Ingram, Marquise Brown, Myles Boykin and Justice Hill. I think they could improve on their 10-6 record and give the Patriots a good test.

18 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

They added some nice pieces to an already stout defense in Earl Thomas, Jaylon Ferguson and Daylon Mack. Also gave their QB some decent weapons with Mark Ingram, Marquise Brown, Myles Boykin and Justice Hill. I think they could improve on their 10-6 record and give the Patriots a good test.

Wow! Ever since 2003 the AFC champion has either been the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens and whoever Peyton Manning was playing for. That's why I never count Pittsburgh or Baltimore out. In all likelihood if NE doesn't make it Pittsburgh or Baltimore should be considered.

On 4/28/2019 at 8:09 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Now that the NFL draft and most of Free Agency is over who do you think has a legit shot to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl? I think the top 3 contenders would be The Patriots of course, The Chiefs (they added Frank Clark), and I think either the Steelers or Ravens could be in the mix. I expect Pittsburgh to surprise a lot of people this year. They will have better chemistry and less distraction. What do you guys think? 

Top to bottom, LA Chargers are probably the most talented team in AFC.