Yo_Lover

My thoughts on our draft class

84 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

What I Do Not Like

• Can struggle with guys who are quicker and swat his arms away so they can jump/run around him
  • Not the best blocker in space, again quick guys can get around him
  • His aggressiveness will lead to him jumping offsides at times

That is really my only worry is quicker guys getting around him whether it be a run or pass

If only we had an edge rusher for him to go against in practice that could help him work on this! :) 

Yo_Lover likes this

Screw this, bleacher report says our draft sucked so I reject anything less than negative hot takes and poor draft grades.

But seriously, @Yo_Lover thanks for taking the time to put this together and for sharing!

Geneaut and Yo_Lover like this

Epic thread Yo_Lover. I have a question about Lindstrom and the inside zone scheme in general.  Doesn't inside zone scheme require some amount of power to push the pocket to open holes inside for the run game?  If so, doesn't his lack of power become a problem when we try to pick up those short yards? 

Yo_Lover likes this

10 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

Epic thread Yo_Lover. I have a question about Lindstrom and the inside zone scheme in general.  Doesn't inside zone scheme require some amount of power to push the pocket to open holes inside for the run game?  If so, doesn't his lack of power become a problem when we try to pick up those short yards? 

I think in those situations he will either get stronger, have help from Mack, or he will pull where he shines and dominates.

ShadyRef likes this

12 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I think in those situations he will either get stronger, have help from Mack, or he will pull where he shines and dominates.

I remembered Harvey Dahl wasn't as big also but he opened plenty of holes for Micheal Turner during Ryan's rookie year. Were we running inside zone that year as well or was it man blocking scheme that mularkey installed? 

4 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

I remembered Harvey Dahl wasn't as big also but he opened plenty of holes for Micheal Turner during Ryan's rookie year. Were we running inside zone that year as well or was it man blocking scheme that mularkey installed? 

Honestly no idea, I didn't become a fan until '10 and I knew nothing about football then. 

ShadyRef likes this

Dang Yo_Lover, I didn't think you had something like this in you!  Excellent write up.  I would read again! 

Yo_Lover likes this

Good post, although I would say Sheffield is not a good tackler at this point and that is a big time weakness for him. He needs to learn to tackle better and take better angles to the ball carrier. Jordan Miller looks like a more polished CB but Sheffield has a lot of upside.