Ovie_Lover

My thoughts on our draft class

84 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Best line: “He does not care about your well being”

Great read. This is why I keep coming back to this forum day after day. 

Thank you bud

4 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I hope people are not forgetting that Mularkey used to be known as ‘Inspector Gadget’ for his trick plays. Green may be an incredible weapon there. 

And i really hope so

Knight of God and Geneaut like this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Good read. Good personal opinion and not something grabbed from google. Agree on all. 

Thank you bud, I watched 1-2 highlight videos and 2-3 full games on each guy. Avoided scouting reports because I wanted my own opinions.

Posted (edited)

Really nice personal take.

Was honestly a little peeved Day 1 with them not going Dline on the first two picks, but I understood why and after looking up Linstrom and McGary I think this was a smart move by the FO. Love the strength and nastiness these guys bring.

Hope Cominsky can contribute and I'm amazed at the speed of both CB's. My favorite pick so far is Ollison though. Very big and strong 'mow you down' type RB with deceptive speed for a man his size. Very good draft IMO.

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite
NCCooley and Ovie_Lover like this

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Thank you bud, I watched 1-2 highlight videos and 2-3 full games on each guy. Avoided scouting reports because I wanted my own opinions.

I’ve learned that’s the best route. I was bummed about the 2 rb selections but I feel like Ollison can be a fullback if needed. Blocking, carrying and catching out the backfield. I’m certain that won’t be the reality but he’s certainly big and physical enough

Knight of God and Ovie_Lover like this

1 minute ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Really nice personally take.

Was honestly a little peeved Day 1 with them not going Dline on the first two picks, but I understood why and after looking up Linstrom and McGary I think this was a smart move by the FO. Love the strength and nastiness these guys bring.

Hope Cominsky can contribute and I'm amazed at the speed of both CB's. My favorite pick so far is Ollison though. Very big and strong 'mow you down' type RB with deceptive speed for a man his size. Very good draft IMO.

Ollison is the exact kind of back I've been wanting for years. I'm pumped for him.

11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’ve learned that’s the best route. I was bummed about the 2 rb selections but I feel like Ollison can be a fullback if needed. Blocking, carrying and catching out the backfield. I’m certain that won’t be the reality but he’s certainly big and physical enough

I'm hoping we finally see some two back sets with Ollison and Green/Free.

Great analysis. Pretty spot on actually and well thought out.

Two minor things I differ on...

1. Sheffield looks like a better fit at NB for me. I know we cross train our NB's & FS's, but he's so physical and competitive I think you want him in and around the line of scrimmage. His footwork and COD is elite and would be somewhat wasted as a single high.

2. Qadree Ollison I thought displayed exceptional patience and vision in the snaps I've seen. Definitely a strong point for me. My comparison would be Arian Foster.

3 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

Great analysis. Pretty spot on actually and well thought out.

Two minor things I differ on...

1. Sheffield looks like a better fit at NB for me. I know we cross train our NB's & FS's, but he's so physical and competitive I think you want him in and around the line of scrimmage. His footwork and COD is elite and would be somewhat wasted as a single high.

2. Qadree Ollison I thought displayed exceptional patience and vision in the snaps I've seen. Definitely a strong point for me. My comparison would be Arian Foster.

I'd like Sheffield at nickel but think we keep Kazee there, especially since he said he prefers it.

Ollison had some moments running where he would run right past his FB and into a defender which is why I said he's gotta be just a little bit more patient.

I like the Foster comparison, think he's more power with agility where foster was more agile with power.

Smiler11 and MSalmon like this

29 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

You make really good posts when you aren't being an argumentative little *******. +1

yeah, fah real.  Don't say the word "Justin Fields" around Yo Lover - if you do, pack yo dayum lunch.

Great post @Yo_Lover

Ovie_Lover and Falcons In 2012 like this

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Super aggressive, will not wait for you. He is coming for you.

This is so well done. I can't wait to get back to the OP and continue!

McGary. Your analysis is professionally done.

I am laughing here.

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

I hope people are not forgetting that Mularkey used to be known as ‘Inspector Gadget’ for his trick plays. Green may be an incredible weapon there. 

Those plays sucked .all we had was jerious Norwood in wildcat.which only worked once against rams

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Bonus

If he's on the team when Vacarro hit Ryan I would bet he gets ejected that game for retaliation.

McGary Charged with aggravated assault on a football field during a game.

"You just tried to take a family member out....Here, have some of THIS little guy"

Ovie_Lover and MSalmon like this

29 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yeah, fah real.  Don't say the word "Justin Fields" around Yo Lover - if you do, pack yo dayum lunch.

Great post @Yo_Lover

Ha ha

@Yo Lover great analysis. The only one is mcgary, although I think you meant this in your writing. He’s great at space getting to second level. But, he like many an OT has issues with wide lined fast DE. Someone in a nascar or wide 0 running at him. His ability to go lateral isn’t as elite as that of the top LTs. This isn’t a bad thing, many LTs struggle with that. You’re right though, you either put a tE, TB or H-Back to chip or counter block. The nice thing with Lindstrom and his pulling ability is if an unbalanced line or speed rusher does that then yiu have Lindstrom knock the guy on his *** and run behind him

great write up!

Ovie_Lover likes this

23 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Best thread of the week.  Clearly you did your homework, Yo_Kiper

If homework was this fun I would have actually done it in highschool.

Falcons In 2012 likes this