Anybody still believe in Vic Beasley?

4 minutes ago, Atlchamp99 said:

Vic is being coached 100% by DQ now...this is his project...Beasley is going to have a much better year and my crazy statement of the day is that we'll have some fans asking the falcons to re-sign him after this year...

If he has 15 sacks you still let him walk.  Just not a complete DE

8 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Big Dt's isnt Beasleys issue, somehow his attitude towards his job needs changing.. 

from the outside looking in it really does seem like this is a part of the issue. i think this is Vic's last year as a Falcon...especially if Cominsky starts to see the field. we have toooooo many other people that need to be extended...

Edited by sanfranfalcon

Vic is at his best when he can stunt and twist and to me we have a better D line this year than last year so this is going to allow the falcons to twist and stunt a ton on the line..I think the defense in general takes a huge step forward under DQ....that was our most important move of the offseason to me..of all the coaches and players we signed and drafted, DQ's commitment to running the D is going to pay major dividends.

7 minutes ago, Atlchamp99 said:

Vic is being coached 100% by DQ now...this is his project...Beasley is going to have a much better year and my crazy statement of the day is that we'll have some fans asking the falcons to re-sign him after this year...

If he balls out and produces i dont think its crazy if we all want him resigned.. Whats crazy is continuing keeping him when he clearly shows no interest in doing his job.. Ill never forget him sitting in the tunnel before the game was over.. If youre making millions of dollars, be professional.. 

5 minutes ago, Atlchamp99 said:

This is silly...if he has 15 sacks you sign him again at your own price but you do try and re-sign him.

Agree. He’s not been in the best situations for success either. Is he a great run stopper? Nah but he’s good as a pass rusher. Pay him Irvin type money (second contract)

my other take is Quinn has decided 'bigger' is needed!!! i think we will now see 270-280lbs be the norm at DE...AC and Cominsky are both in that range. Takk is around 270lbs. maybe Quinn gets Vic to raise his game. but after 4 seasons and only having speed as his main and almost only move i just dont see why we should expect different. but as a diehard fan i can be sucked into being hopeful :D

Edited by sanfranfalcon

Just now, sanfranfalcon said:

my other take is Quinn has decided 'bigger' is needed!!! i think we will now see 270-280lbs be the norm at DE...AC and Cominsky are both in that range. Takk is around 270lbs. maybe Quinn gets Vic to raise his game. but after 4 seasons and only having speed as his main and almost only move i just dont see why we should expect different...

He’s had mixtures in size over the years. Vic fits the mold of Chris Clemons and Irvin that DQ has done well with. You don’t overpay but if he does well re-sign. He’s a gifted kid, just not used very well

I think he does better this year than last year, but probably not as good as 16.

There's a number of factors on the team that have changed for the better for Vic this season. He seems to really need strong leadership or just sorta gets lazy and loses his fight. Last year we didn't have any good veteran pass rushers on the team and Vic just disappeared. This year he's got Clayborn to lead him and Quinn is gonna be up his *** all year trying to keep the fire lit in him.

A lot of people on the defense just sorta seemed to slump last year. I think all of those injuries were pretty demoralizing to the whole defense and that's why it was crucial that we did not tank at the end of the season even if it woulda meant better draft picks. Hopefully this season we can avoid the injury bug and Quinn can keep everyone fired up.

Another thing I've noticed about this team is that if the offense is not performing up to par then it really seems to mess with the defense. I guess it keeps them in the field too long and they can't play as aggressively which apparently is crucial to making this defense work.

And it's also a contact year for Vic

Do I think he does better? I sure hope so. He is also totally set up to succeed. If he doesn't hit at least 10 sacks this season then it's 100 percent on him and we need to cut him. It's really hard to tell with him. He's got all the physical traits, it's just up to him whether he's gonna to take advantage of it. Kinda like Hageman.

14 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

He’s had mixtures in size over the years. Vic fits the mold of Chris Clemons and Irvin that DQ has done well with. You don’t overpay but if he does well re-sign. He’s a gifted kid, just not used very well

i get your logic...but how do you get someone making $12.8 mil this year to take a Irvin type contract if they 'perform' this year? to me we are gonna have to pay Debo, Campbell (more important than Vic to me), Crawford, Keanu, and i think we will extend Davison (yeah i know...hasnt played a down for us)...just my imo...

and regarding Clemons and irvin....DOGS!! Vic is not cut from the same mold imo...

Edited by sanfranfalcon

Looking at his 2016 season most of his production came off stuns and feasting on backup tackles. The chances of him ever coming close to that season is extremely slim. 

With that being said he can't be any worse than last season. I'd be happy with 8 sacks and a huge increase in pressures. Anything more isna huge win. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital