tl;dr

McGary vs. DOL

117 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mescalito said:

"Don’t come for D.Led if you’re not ready!"

haha.  Ledbetter referring to himself in third person.  

I can’t imagine his squeaky voice coming at someone like that. 

What I find disgraceful is while DLed is talking about a big ole “white country boy from a small town” the sticks,  DLed evoking racism “but I don’t think he’s a racist” then asking if he did anything like Bosa , trying to see if he was a Trump supporter (Bosa deleted pro trump tweets because he was going to San Francisco) ......it’s smear, smut and disgraceful the picture of what  DLed was trying to paint.   

He’s from Tacoma Washington, population of about 200,000, so that’s not a small town. Then, he went to school in Seattle that is a big city.

But that picture of a big ole’ white country boy , loner from a small town that might not fit in with people (maybe a white nationalist) , maybe being a Trump supporter and doing things that have to be pointed out as “I don’t think it was racist”  sure was too delicious for DLed to not print. It was al, a lie, but hey, 

1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

What Ledbetter does not understand, considering how influential his 'work' is, is that he just made McGary and instant fan favorite.

The socially inarticulate Ledbetter was definitely trying to slight someone, not sure if it was McGary or more directed at TD's ineptness to do background checks on 1st round picks? Think it was actually more directed at TD (must have cut Ledbetter off on free doughnuts and coffee).

At any rate, as with most things this Clown writes, it backfired on him. None the less he still survives and thrives at the AJC!

No, it was 100% an AJC company man trying to paint a white person as a possible racist, and to create a negative gotcha story about the Falcons maybe having drafted a possible racist.

"White country guy gets angry and cuts the power cord because black teammates playing rap music." is the premise of this BS story.  Hence all the subtle disclaimers amounting to, "... but I'm not really trying to call him a racist, I swear!", as he's painting that exact thematic.

This is one of the problems with media today and for the past 15+ years... they don't simply "report" anymore, they have an agenda to sow division by manufacturing and spinning context into propaganda.  And the sports industry is not at all immune to this.

DLed is just another racist piece of trash.  That's what anyone is who turns a non-race issue into a race issue by distorting the truth.

5 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

For the record..... 

I'd pay to see the title of the thread. D versus Kaleb straight up..... 

Time for DLed to be up and camp and do some one on one run blocking drills with Kaleb. 

Kaleb could even offer to wear a bow tie during the drills.

Cheap Talk and Tim Mazetti like this

7 minutes ago, brando27 said:

He didn't want his team arguing so he pulled the plug.
Isn't that all that happened?

Pretty much, yes.  Except he pulled out a pocket knife and cut the power cord in half, which is a boss move, IMO.  Can't just plug it back in and continue to fight over what they want played.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

What I find disgraceful is while DLed is talking about a big ole “white country boy from a small town” the sticks,  DLed evoking racism “but I don’t think he’s a racist” then asking if he did anything like Bosa , trying to see if he was a Trump supporter (Bosa deleted pro trump tweets because he was going to San Francisco) ......it’s smear, smut and disgraceful the picture of what  DLed was trying to paint.   

He’s from Tacoma Washington, population of about 200,000, so that’s not a small town. Then, he went to school in Seattle that is bigger than Atlanta.

But that picture of a big ole’ white country boy , loner from a small town that might not fit in with people (maybe a white nationalist) , maybe being a Trump supporter and doing things that have to be pointed out as “I don’t think it was racist”  sure was too delicious for DLed to not print. It was al, a lie, but hey, 

anything for clicks. :shrug: 

sellout for my own brand :tiphat: 

EDIT: Doesn't make DLed a racist. Makes him morally corrupt and doesn't care about what he writes might incite in others by imputing motives onto someone else from a half heard story around the world. He probably never met McGary and relied on a random source to start painting a picture to feed an audience that gives him clicks. He'll justify it and it may or may not be himself...but definitely selling out for money.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
gazoo likes this

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

He’s from Tacoma Washington, population of about 200,000, so that’s not a small town. Then, he went to school in Seattle that is bigger than Atlanta.

I live about 30 mins from Tacoma and work in a city that borders Tacoma and is just north of Fife, where McGary is from. This whole area is pretty diverse. Lots of Asians, White folk, Black folk, Islanders, Native Americans, and Hispanics. 

Seattle is even more diverse with Indians and Africans added to the mix. I think this is a horrible story and I can’t wait for the first interview that Dled asks a question in. But I’m sure McGary will take the high road. 

Cheap Talk, gazoo, Drew4719 and 1 other like this

41 minutes ago, Beef said:

Pretty much, yes.  Except he pulled out a pocket knife and cut the power cord in half, which is a boss move, IMO.  Can't just plug it back in and continue to fight over what they want played.

Nah, that was part of the problem, part of the exaggeration. The original "article" just says "cord" which is intentionally vague so as to try to get you to think it was this big deal, and was something permanent that left everyone inconvenienced. The second article specifically says AUX cord, or auxiliary cord. For reference, this is an auxiliary cord:

617BnJWYPZL._SX425_.jpg

Oh, and it also says he didn't use a pocket knife, but a bowie knife, which is freaking awesome that he had that on him imo. 

Tim Mazetti, Beef and Drew4719 like this

All I can think about, reading about this, and seeing his responses, was his interview with Tyson Jackson when we signed him, and his repeated insistence to ask and know about his former teammate who committed suicide when he was with the Chiefs. 

9 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

That's amazing. I'd love it for anytime Ledbetter asked a question they just said "next question".

y'all gonna make him have to buy a whole box of nothing but red crayons you keep on pissing him off like this....

:ninja::ninja:

7 hours ago, Beef said:

Destroying other's property = "boss move"...got it. 

1 hour ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Destroying other's property = "boss move"...got it. 

You just love playing the social justice game and fighting “the cause”, don’t you?

Why don’t you invoke some more “victim” names and try to shame us more so I can post another eye roll gif.  Apparently that hurt your feelings last time.

gazoo likes this

10 minutes ago, Beef said:

You just love playing the social justice game and fighting “the cause”, don’t you?

Why don’t you invoke some more “victim” names and try to shame us more so I can post another eye roll gif.  Apparently that hurt your feelings last time.

:lol: :lol::rolleyes:

18 hours ago, gazoo said:

OMG what a flaming &s@le DOL is. What a prick. This is gutter level character assassination using an anonymous source to even mention the word  racism  in respect to that incident and to smear his person like this.

Don’t ever forget the AJC selling Sunday papers outside the GA Dome before a Saints Game that had full double page “GO SAINTS” handouts in them. 

The AJC doesn’t represent its fans . If the hometown Panthers, Saints, Bills or Eagles newspaper had done that they would have been out of business within a year.

It was worse than that, it was GEAUX SAINTS. As much as I'm not a saints fan, I really envy their newspaper coverage. They have a great beat reporter and get well-written in-depth articles about every aspect of the team.

Seattle metro area 3.7 mil

Atlanta metro area 5.8 mil

I'm sure that extra 2 mil people is going to intimidate the #### out of him.

What kind of two-bit-tin-plated-four-flushing-jack-legged-dip-####-addle-pated-paste-eating-yellow-bellied-toad-licking-lickspittle-barnacled-brained-pathetic-excuse-for-a-journalist prints something without checking its validity?  One 2 minute phone call refutes this crap. It's the first rule of journalism- get more than one source.

I mean, aside from the fact you can watch his draft  interview and know it's a lie.

Beef and gazoo like this

11 hours ago, Beef said:

No, it was 100% an AJC company man trying to paint a white person as a possible racist, and to create a negative gotcha story about the Falcons maybe having drafted a possible racist.

"White country guy gets angry and cuts the power cord because black teammates playing rap music." is the premise of this BS story.  Hence all the subtle disclaimers amounting to, "... but I'm not really trying to call him a racist, I swear!", as he's painting that exact thematic.

This is one of the problems with media today and for the past 15+ years... they don't simply "report" anymore, they have an agenda to sow division by manufacturing and spinning context into propaganda.  And the sports industry is not at all immune to this.

DLed is just another racist piece of trash.  That's what anyone is who turns a non-race issue into a race issue by distorting the truth.

You know, this should really turn-out to be a big deal with the said Reporter losing their job over this debauchery. You just do not report this kind of BS on newly drafted players. This incident was not public knowledge at the time, it was something that was dug-up, and he humiliates an obviously sensitive person in the public eye. The AJC has a job, just like the Falcons do of getting Atlanta excited about their Sport's Teams, and putting the best possible light on the players they draft. Instead you get this! 

Guess you had to spell it out for me, because I was too naive to put 2+2=BS together.

"This is one of the problems with media today and for the past 15+ years..." Love how the Networks turn to a Reporter in the middle of a desert or rain-forest, expecting to get a live report on what is happening there. Instead we get another 15-minute editorial espousing the Network's political agenda. The only way to get the real picture on what is happening in the world anymore, is to travel it yourself. Most alternative news outlets are just as fake as the mainstream news.

gazoo, NCFalconfan, Beef and 1 other like this

Dled stooped to a new low.

No he’s not racist, but he had no problem allowing others to draw false conclusions about a new kid on the team & for that he should be ashamed.  

The team should get Involved behind the scenes & let him know they aren’t amused about what he did.  That’s some cheap stuff for attention at the expense of a brand new falcon trying to begin his career. 

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

It was worse than that, it was GEAUX SAINTS. As much as I'm not a saints fan, I really envy their newspaper coverage. They have a great beat reporter and get well-written in-depth articles about every aspect of the team.

Seattle metro area 3.7 mil

Atlanta metro area 5.8 mil

I'm sure that extra 2 mil people is going to intimidate the #### out of him.

What kind of two-bit-tin-plated-four-flushing-jack-legged-dip-####-addle-pated-paste-eating-yellow-bellied-toad-licking-lickspittle-barnacled-brained-pathetic-excuse-for-a-journalist prints something without checking its validity?  One 2 minute phone call refutes this crap. It's the first rule of journalism- get more than one source.

I mean, aside from the fact you can watch his draft  interview and know it's a lie.

The local newspaper coverage for most NFL teams is much better than the trash we get from the AJC, 

For instance, Buffalo NY has a population slightly over Tacoma Washington, that tiny little redneck skinhead bastion of white nationalism that DLed mentioned.

Yet, the Buffalo Bills coverage from local paper is monumentally better than the AJCs. Usually 2 to 3 pages during camp and before season games full of great in-depth coverage, insight and analysis. 

Thank God for the Falcoholic. 

59 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Dled stooped to a new low.

No he’s not racist, but he had no problem allowing others to draw false conclusions about a new kid on the team & for that he should be ashamed.  

The team should get Involved behind the scenes & let him know they aren’t amused about what he did.  That’s some cheap stuff for attention at the expense of a brand new falcon trying to begin his career. 

This may cost McGary to loose future endorsements. Not so sure I would not file a slander lawsuit in this case.

Tim Mazetti likes this

30 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

This may cost McGary to loose future endorsements. Not so sure I would not file a slander lawsuit in this case.

It’s beyond sad

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

The local newspaper coverage for most NFL teams is much better than the trash we get from the AJC, 

For instance, Buffalo NY has a population slightly over Tacoma Washington, that tiny little redneck skinhead bastion of white nationalism that DLed mentioned.

Yet, the Buffalo Bills coverage from local paper is monumentally better than the AJCs. Usually 2 to 3 pages during camp and before season games full of great in-depth coverage, insight and analysis. 

Thank God for the Falcoholic. 

Actually, many of the posters here are much better than the regurgitated stuff put out by the Falcoholic. Thank God for the experts on this Message Board, best draft coverage by a country mile, right here!

30 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Actually, many of the posters here are much better than the regurgitated stuff put out by the Falcoholic. Thank God for the experts on this Message Board, best draft coverage by a country mile, right here!

I really like the Falcoholic, but you are correct about what many bring here as well.