Jump to content

Love this pick : Quadree Ollison (link inside)


MSalmon
 Share

Recommended Posts

I rewatched his Clemson game. Only 13 carries for 56 yards, but watch his speed to the outside and blocking against a team with serious DL talent. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-qadree-ollison-talks-james-conner-comparisons-his-approach-to-being-an-nfl-running-back/amp/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I rewatched his Clemson game. Only 13 carries for 56 yards, but watch his speed to the outside and blocking against a team with serious DL talent. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-qadree-ollison-talks-james-conner-comparisons-his-approach-to-being-an-nfl-running-back/amp/

I like the pick too. He had me watching old clips of Michael Turner last night.

With Mike Mularky being the run game coordinator, I could see him having some influence with this pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Cole World said:

I like the pick too. He had me watching old clips of Michael Turner last night.

With Mike Mularky being the run game coordinator, I could see him having some influence with this pick.

Good point. I kinda see turner. He’s got that same nutty burst that I never expect when you look at him physically. Can you imagine this kid’s potential in an NFL diet and training regime? He’s got wheels at 230. I hate the forty for rbs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s extremely talented and well rounded. He’s got a sneaky burst you can see when he hit a hole. With his level of intelligence, he’s going to be able to step right in and help us this year.

I just knew we would find a back in this draft that could play at a high level and was big enough to take a lot of punishment, just in case Freeman or Ito went down, who both ended the year on IR, 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

He’s extremely talented and well rounded. He’s got a sneaky burst you can see when he hit a hole. With his level of intelligence, he’s going to be able to step right in and help us this year.

I just knew we would find a back in this draft that could play at a high level and was big enough to take a lot of punishment, just in case Freeman or Ito went down, who both ended the year on IR, 

 

Good post. I really didn’t notice him when scouting this year. But that Clemson clip sold me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Good post. I really didn’t notice him when scouting this year. But that Clemson clip sold me.

Long speed is great and all, but for our run blocking scheme burst is even more important.  We need backs that can spot the hole and quickly burst through it to second level. 

And this guy is going to be brutal for DBs and smallish LBs to tackle at second level with a full head of steam

We have added a long missing element of physicality to this offense. We got great big, strong, physical, nasty, mean finishing OL who will not get pushed around by any defense and a great big physical back to pound on them even more.

Perfect complement to Free Ito.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, gazoo said:

He’s extremely talented and well rounded. He’s got a sneaky burst you can see when he hit a hole. With his level of intelligence, he’s going to be able to step right in and help us this year.

I just knew we would find a back in this draft that could play at a high level and was big enough to take a lot of punishment, just in case Freeman or Ito went down, who both ended the year on IR, 

 

Why is it sneaky? Heck, he has the same 40 as Freeman 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cue the old Stephen Jackson film :munch: ...That dude was a beast for 10 years in the league. If this young man has any of that type of stuff in him he'll be not only be a good pick up but also considered a draft steal. QO was a pretty good grab in a draft full of "PRODUCTIVE" late round backs to choose from. 

Edited by Hurry_Up_And_Buy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

Why is it sneaky? Heck, he has the same 40 as Freeman 

Both have that burst which is why they fit so well in our scheme, but with him being 230lbs and not being a burner, a fan has to know what they are watching to see that, a defender  has to know it’s there or he’ll look over his shoulder wondering how in heck he got by him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Haven't watched much on him yet.  How does he wiggle?  Or how quick does he cut.  I know that's not his game, but was curious.  His 3 cone is really slow, but lots of times these guys haven't even trained for it.  

Does his quickness look pretty decent in real life?  

He’s more of a North South runner

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Haven't watched much on him yet.  How does he wiggle?  Or how quick does he cut.  I know that's not his game, but was curious.  His 3 cone is really slow, but lots of times these guys haven't even trained for it.  

Does his quickness look pretty decent in real life?  

I see quite a bit of wiggle in him. He seems agile enough as well. Overall, a pretty good pickup. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

He’s got some wiggle and Patience as well. Not a strictly one cut guy at all. Although, he can certainly do that. Watch the entire Clemson and Syracuse games if you want to see evidence of that 

I know he’s got the patience, I just haven’t seen that part of his game yet where he can make defenders miss on the limited amount of runs I’ve seen in clips, but I haven’t seen the full Clemson Syracuse games either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Both have that burst which is why they fit so well in our scheme, but with him being 230lbs and not being a burner, a fan has to know what they are watching to see that, a defender  has to know it’s there or he’ll look over his shoulder wondering how in heck he got by him!

Stop it! I’m trying to calm down :slick:

 

kudos for realizing it was a legit question 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I know he’s got the patience, I just haven’t seen that part of his game yet where he can make defenders miss on the limited amount of runs I’ve seen in clips, but I haven’t seen the full Clemson Syracuse games either.

I think you’ll enjoy those games. He’s not Freeman jitterbug style by any means. But he can make miss and very strong. Bull string in his running style. Seems to change speed very well, unlike Ho who hits everything one speed. You pointed out his burst earlier and that’s a great attribute.

you never know, but I really like this back a lots 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...