Former All-Pro and 3X Pro-Bowl Tackle Lincoln Kennedy on Kaleb McGary

Cole World

4 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Good to see Lincoln Kennedy, who is also a former 1st round pick by the Falcons for those who don't know or remember.

Drafted as an RT.  Moved to OG.  Think it was June Jones who decided Kennedy needed to move on.

So Kennedy went to the Raiders, made the Pro Bowl, and played in a Super Bowl.   Just like so many other Falcons did.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I'm eager to see if McGary pushes Ty immediately or takes some time this year. I'm also hoping Lindstrom plays at LG for now but could see him slide over to RG if Brown doesn't work out. Just get the best 5.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if McGary beats out TY but if not he can take the time and develop and be fully ready. I think they will keep Lindstrom in his original position at RG. We can have a very solid to excellent OL. I can't wait!

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I'm eager to see if McGary pushes Ty immediately or takes some time this year. I'm also hoping Lindstrom plays at LG for now but could see him slide over to RG if Brown doesn't work out. Just get the best 5.

McGary doesn't strike me as being the passive type, I believe he will give Ty all he wants and then some.

The Cowboys and the Colts made huge strides after making significant investments in their O-lines with marginal defenses. In fact their defenses magically got better after improving their O-lines.

I love both picks. In fact I liked the whole draft. As always they will continue to tweak the roster till after the first regular season game. Can’t wait to see it all in action. 

58 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Drafted as an RT.  Moved to OG.  Think it was June Jones who decided Kennedy needed to move on.

So Kennedy went to the Raiders, made the Pro Bowl, and played in a Super Bowl.   Just like so many other Falcons did.

Who are “so many other Falcons?”

8 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

I guess Deion would be the best example of that happening. Can’t think of any others off the top of my head. Clayborn won a SB but wasn’t a pro bowler last year.

Falcons bottom of the roster was so bad for so long that most people Falcons cut or didn’t re-sign were usually shortly out of the league.

I have no problem with either of our first 2 picks. You could make an argument we reached a bit at 14 and you might be correct. You can not argue we did not get the best OG prospect in the draft. How good will he be? We will see. He will still be playing for us a long time. This will also end up being a pretty substantial upgrade to the Oline. Clearly with a new OC coming in they felt this was the most pressing potion to address. I think our run game may change some when you look at the RB we drafted as well.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Who are “so many other Falcons?”

Scott Case, Tony Casillas, Thomas Benson, Gerald Riggs, Eric Pegram, Deion Sanders, Brett Favre, Andre Rison, RC Thielemann, Ricky Patton, Claude Humphrey, Michael Boley (I think), Patrick Kerney (may have been on IR), Lincoln Kennedy.... that's off the top of my head.

I'm sure there are more.....

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Falcons bottom of the roster was so bad for so long that most people Falcons cut or didn’t re-sign were usually shortly out of the league.

Falcons lost -tons- of quality players.  Because of coaching changes....players wanting to be paid (some of those got traded....Buddy Curry simply retired....), the Falcons would not pay anybody but the QB.....and of course, Atlanta was seen as a dysfunctional franchise.  Some players could not wait to get out of there, like Deion Sanders.   Brian Jordan even decided to play baseball instead....

That list I gave you is chock full of former 1st and a couple 2nd round draft picks.

3 hours ago, Lowndesfalc said:

The Cowboys and the Colts made huge strides after making significant investments in their O-lines with marginal defenses. In fact their defenses magically got better after improving their O-lines.

I love both picks. In fact I liked the whole draft. As always they will continue to tweak the roster till after the first regular season game. Can’t wait to see it all in action. 

this is bc we can start running the ball again and make our drives last 10 to 13 plays at a pop.

1 hour ago, egoprime II said:

Scott Case, Tony Casillas, Thomas Benson, Gerald Riggs, Eric Pegram, Deion Sanders, Brett Favre, Andre Rison, RC Thielemann, Ricky Patton, Claude Humphrey, Michael Boley (I think), Patrick Kerney (may have been on IR), Lincoln Kennedy.... that's off the top of my head.

I'm sure there are more.....

ok - I thought you were talking about in the last 20 years - cause there ain't many.