Post draft needs

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Trade for Solomon Thomas

I'd be all for this. Line him up at 3 tech and watch him eat. The guy spent 90% of his snaps in college lined up inside and the 49ers have tried to turn him into an edge rusher. I get that they have Armstead and Buckner inside, but they have flat out misused Thomas.

1 hour ago, mtldirtybird said:

Grady-Davison

Crawford-Senat

Hageman

+ Clayborn and Cominsky will all get reps at DT.  If we didn't draft anyone else at DT I'm sure the staff feels comfortable with what we have there.

And to be honest, we had a good draft. The DTs available have nothing on the haul we brought in. As my brother always says. Trust me

9 hours ago, gazoo said:

That’s what we absolutely have to target. We need a starting caliber LB, and if we have to spend some money then so be it. 

Right now, a starter goes down and we are screwed.

Hard as it is to believe.... looks like Duke Riley is going to get another chance.  Maybe he will amount to something one day, I dunno...

The two UDFA's I thought we might be interested in, Joe Giles Harris and TJ Edwards, already signed with other teams.

13 hours ago, gazoo said:

That’s what we absolutely have to target. We need a starting caliber LB, and if we have to spend some money then so be it. 

Right now, a starter goes down and we are screwed.

Yep, the Falcons were looking to trade-up into the 3rd round for LB Quincy Williams. I'm surprised that Atlanta did not draft a LB later, but they evidently liked the guys that they did draft in the later rounds over the remaining available Linebackers.  I think that Atlanta still needs a new Punter, as Bosher's leg strength appears to be going downhill. 

5 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Hard as it is to believe.... looks like Duke Riley is going to get another chance.  Maybe he will amount to something one day, I dunno...

The two UDFA's I thought we might be interested in, Joe Giles Harris and TJ Edwards, already signed with other teams.

I still have high hopes there will be some veteran LBs cut during training camp and preseason that we can snag. I’m certain we will go after at least one who is starter level 

2 corner backs still out there as free agents we might be able to pick up at league minimum.

P.J. Williams

David Amerson

Both have the length, weight and speed we look for.

Amerson played decent in Oakland but has bouned around a bit, and a change of scenery from the swamp rats might help Williams. Both for competition and depth. If they don't work out let them walk.

Linebacker is the glaring weakness on the roster right now, especially because we saw last season how bad it was to have to really on Riley or Ishmael to start.

I'd be on the phone with the Jets trying to get Darron Lee, if they're willing to dump him for a low 2020 pick. He wouldn't cost very much cap-wise since he's still on his rookie deal.

Other than that, I'd try to sign a veteran like Josh Bynes, Jamie Collins, or Zach Brown.

I'm sure we'll be scouring the waiver wire for some veteran additions to the 90-man roster before camp starts.

On 28/4/2019 at 6:33 AM, Xero said:

Zingy Ansah?? That’s a yes for me dawg. I look at it this way. If ziggurat was thrown into the draft this year he’s still a 1st round pick. If we were able to land him that would have the effect of 3 first round picks unless you consider Kaleb our second round pick as some have stated. Ok TD let’s get some contracts inked to free up money and make our run. 

I love Ziggy when he is healthy.  He would be an immediate upgrade!

10 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

LBs. We came into the offseason with no depth. Got nothing in FA and Nothing in the draft. (Not counting UDFA as adding anything. Low Chance of success)

If Jones, Campbell or Foye go down welcome to **** again.

6 hours ago, theProf said:

Yep, the Falcons were looking to trade-up into the 3rd round for LB Quincy Williams. I'm surprised that Atlanta did not draft a LB later, but they evidently liked the guys that they did draft in the later rounds over the remaining available Linebackers.  I think that Atlanta still needs a new Punter, as Bosher's leg strength appears to be going downhill. 

5 hours ago, gazoo said:

I still have high hopes there will be some veteran LBs cut during training camp and preseason that we can snag. I’m certain we will go after at least one who is starter level 

Thinking about it.... I am wondering if Wilcox might be playing the Mark Barron-type hybrid LB\Safety role, that we thought Ishmael is playing.  We have bunches of safeties, when you look at it.   And Quinn has said the league is leaning more towards playing three safeties.  In the nickel, or in place of three linebackers, kind of a 4-2-5 all the time with three safeties?

2 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Thinking about it.... I am wondering if Wilcox might be playing the Mark Barron-type hybrid LB\Safety role, that we thought Ishmael is playing.  We have bunches of safeties, when you look at it.   And Quinn has said the league is leaning more towards playing three safeties.  In the nickel, or in place of three linebackers, kind of a 4-2-5 all the time with three safeties?

That’s actually a good observation that could explain the seeming lack of urgency at LB. It’s not to say we aren’t still looking for any, it’s to say it wasn’t as much of a priority as we might have thought it would be.

On 4/29/2019 at 6:22 AM, mtldirtybird said:

Grady-Davison

Crawford-Senat

Hageman

+ Clayborn and Cominsky will all get reps at DT.  If we didn't draft anyone else at DT I'm sure the staff feels comfortable with what we have there.

I get shivers looking at that. What a horrible list of players outside of Grady. You have an all star, an overhyped vet min guy, a sub package guy, an undersized 1 tech, a human trash pile, an old dude and our new Beirman rookie.

It is what it is, this is who we will ride or die with this year.

I bet next years Offseason looks a lot like this year, just flip flop OL for DL. Sign 2 FAs to larger than base contracts, draft 2 DLine in the first round or 1st and 2nd round and it's a complete rebuild of the Dline. The fact that most of these guys are expiring contracts next year, this isn't even a reach of a projection.