halifaxfalcon

Post draft needs

46 posts in this topic

After the initial shock... I'm very happy with our draft. This alongside some very shrewd fa moves (with limited cap) I do think are heading into next season with a strong roster. 

Although we've addressed several needs I still think we're light at linebacker and corner and defensive end. What do you guys think?

There's still several experienced fa's on the market who could help solidify these units. Zack Brown, ziggy ansah, Kayvon Webster... Do you see us pursuing one of these guys?

FalconBlood likes this

Zingy Ansah?? That’s a yes for me dawg. I look at it this way. If ziggurat was thrown into the draft this year he’s still a 1st round pick. If we were able to land him that would have the effect of 3 first round picks unless you consider Kaleb our second round pick as some have stated. Ok TD let’s get some contracts inked to free up money and make our run. 

Falcster likes this

20 minutes ago, Xero said:

Zingy Ansah?? That’s a yes for me dawg. I look at it this way. If ziggurat was thrown into the draft this year he’s still a 1st round pick. If we were able to land him that would have the effect of 3 first round picks unless you consider Kaleb our second round pick as some have stated. Ok TD let’s get some contracts inked to free up money and make our run. 

Ansah would be good, when freeing up cap dollars, only thing TD always keeps back 6-7 million in reserve thru the season typically for potential injuries etc..

Xero likes this

11 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

We need to sign Danny Shelton. We lack a big body DT on the roster. We need a guy that will demand double teams and collapse the pocket.

That's not Shelton's game though... take double teams, yes... but he doesn't collapse the pocket at all... just a space eater and I think they signed Davison for that role

gkgrimes, CTann, Cole World and 5 others like this

1 hour ago, halifaxfalcon said:

After the initial shock... I'm very happy with our draft. This alongside some very shrewd fa moves (with limited cap) I do think are heading into next season with a strong roster. 

Although we've addressed several needs I still think we're light at linebacker and corner and defensive end. What do you guys think?

There's still several experienced fa's on the market who could help solidify these units. Zack Brown, ziggy ansah, Kayvon Webster... Do you see us pursuing one of these guys?

Roster feels pretty set to me heading into training camp and workouts with spots legitimately available all over the roster for guys to step up and claim... this is going to be an exciting summer. 

mtldirtybird likes this

1 hour ago, halifaxfalcon said:

we could   draft left tackle we did it

2 hours ago, ramonezy said:

That's not Shelton's game though... take double teams, yes... but he doesn't collapse the pocket at all... just a space eater and I think they signed Davison for that role

We don’t need Shelton 

Ansah stays hurt. Shelton is more of a name than anything. I hope we keep feelers our for a LB or two for depth. Not feeling Bruce Carter, any young athletic LBs out there?

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Ansah stays hurt. Shelton is more of a name than anything. I hope we keep feelers our for a LB or two for depth. Not feeling Bruce Carter, any young athletic LBs out there?

Trade for Darron Lee

5 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2019ILB.php

quite the list on there. There are some big names that are surprising to still see as free agents. 

14 hours ago, halifaxfalcon said:

I’d like ziggy. Maybe a backup C. And a cb

14 hours ago, spanish_falcon said:

I want Shane Ray

Tell me more. Why didn’t he make it in DEN and still available? Don’t know much beyond some folks here wanting him at 6 over Beasley. 

Zach Brown stands out as an obvious choice - why hasn't anyone signed him? Asking for too much money or term? He'd be an upgrade over Foye and give him another year to develop and play a key depth role. Seems like a no brainer for me if the money/term could be worked out.

42 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Tell me more. Why didn’t he make it in DEN and still available? Don’t know much beyond some folks here wanting him at 6 over Beasley. 

He is what he is. Not a lot of pass rush moves or plan and often injured, and if I recall, some off field issues. Pass.

mtldirtybird likes this

4 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

That’s what we absolutely have to target. We need a starting caliber LB, and if we have to spend some money then so be it. 

Right now, a starter goes down and we are screwed.

egoprime II likes this