Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ya_boi_j

Campbell been making time for the trolls lately

85 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, red falcon said:

Lol so true, its still funny. People are so tough on the net. They wouldnt say it to his face.

I remember HOF Bruce Smith telling a story of one time he walked into a restroom and heard a couple guys talking about how the team had too many black folks on it (they were obviously using less flattering language) and when they saw Bruce they were all "well, everybody except you buddy" and apologized profusely as they tucked tail and ran out of there.

The lesson...If you're going to talk smack, talk trash about GMs and coaches like TATF.

red falcon and Flying Falcon like this

If I was a pro athlete, my Twitter, Instagram and Facebook would all be branding accounts only.   Twitter is a cesspool of our worst tendencies and misplaced social justice, Instagram has largely become a collection of people being fake and promoting BS while Facebook has become a propaganda machine.  Dre needs to just do his best and show us on the field.

6 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

If I was a pro athlete, my Twitter, Instagram and Facebook would all be branding accounts only.   Twitter is a cesspool of our worst tendencies and misplaced social justice, Instagram has largely become a collection of people being fake and promoting BS while Facebook has become a propaganda machine.  Dre needs to just do his best and show us on the field.

Been thinking about deleting my Facebook for a long time.  Dont really use it. Feel like its mainly for people to be in your business, but i also dont like talking on the phone.

Thanks for listening to my life story lol.

FA91, Monolith2001 and HASHBROWN3 like this

8 minutes ago, Sipifalcon said:

I would've thought that Campbell would be bigger than that...

Have no clue why you would think that. These athletes didn’t come up with silver spoons in their mouths and silver platter dinners  like most people on this board. Just because they left the hood it doesn’t mean it ain’t still in them. 

The problem with most people and social media is they use it as a platform to say whats really on their mind and think they're not going to suffer any repercussions from it because they're not face to face with that individual. 

It's a cowardly thing if you ask me.

17 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Have no clue why you would think that. These athletes didn’t come up with silver spoons in their mouths and silver platter dinners  like most people on this board. Just because they left the hood it doesn’t mean it ain’t still in them. 

Also, it can just be fun to talk smack sometimes. Doesn't make it a good idea, but if you're bored and tired of some fool's BS I could see how an otherwise we'll adjusted person might lower themselves to internet childishness.

ya_boi_j likes this

9 minutes ago, Internetallstar said:

Also, it can just be fun to talk smack sometimes. Doesn't make it a good idea, but if you're bored and tired of some fool's BS I could see how an otherwise we'll adjusted person might lower themselves to internet childishness.

True

Those fools aren’t worth what he might potentially lose (career wise) if he slips up and responds with, what some might consider, an “over the top” comment. 

Then he’ll either be suspended or off the team when the PC police queue up their sirens.

Block the trolls and keep it moving...

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

Just now, Dungeon Family said:

Those fools aren’t worth what he might potentially lose (career wise) if he slips up and responds with, what some might consider, an “over the top” comment. 

Then he’ll either be suspended or off the team when the PC police queue up their sirens.

Block the trolls and keep it moving...

Man AB told Ryan Clark via twitter than when he sees him it’s on site. Nothing is going to happen to anyone unless there is physical encounters involved. Ain’t nobody gonna get in trouble for twitter foolishness

Dungeon Family likes this

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Man AB told Ryan Clark via twitter than when he sees him it’s on site. Nothing is going to happen to anyone unless there is physical encounters involved. Ain’t nobody gonna get in trouble for twitter foolishness

Lol man AB is something else 

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I hope not. I think they should be able to express themselves how they want in my opinion. 

I just sometimes get concerned that they’ll get baited into posting something that someone will make a big enough deal about where Mr. Blank or DQ will have to chime in.

You might be right though. If Roddy seemed to stay out of trouble with the way he talked, then DC (and Takk) will hopefully be fine. 

Just don’t want to see our guys jeopardize their careers over keyboard commandos with an axe to grind. 

I guess I’m a little paranoid when it comes to using social media myself.

Edited by Dungeon Family

8 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Lol man AB is something else 

Im glad I don’t judge players for what they do off the field. Especially twitter. But got **** dude is making himself look real bad off the field

youngbloodz likes this

1 minute ago, Dungeon Family said:

I hope not. I think they should be able to express themselves how they want in my opinion. 

I just sometimes get concerned that they’ll get baited into posting something that someone will make a big enough deal about where Mr. Blank or DQ will have to chime in.

You might be right though. If Roddy seemed to stay out of trouble with they way he talked, then DC (and Takk) will hopefully be fine. 

Just don’t want to see our guys jeopardize their careers over keyboard commandos with an axe to grind. 

I guess I’m a little paranoid when it comes to using social media myself.

I can 100000000000% assure you that you have nothing to worry about when it comes to twitter or any other social platform. They can even say these things on ESPN and nothing will happen

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Don’t know why Campbell would bother.

Nothing good comes of social media stuff like this.

First thing that they tell Players/officials/coaches, no matter how right you are you will NEVER be in the right going after fans. 

No matter how stupid they are, they will always win any type of back and forth with athletic performers. 

He should have known better!