Just heard Mcshay, Kiper, and Reddick say the strength of the draft were 2nd & 3rd rd

TRUju2111

4 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Which is the exact opposite of what Quinn said, makes me wonder about trading those picks, oh well

One thing I learned in the workshops is code. This means the draft class was a bit thin. I already stated this months ago. There were a lot of more safe players in those rounds, meaning at worst you have a good solid guy that can back up. In a draft like this you look at keys like scheme fit and whether or not you can hone a project or make the most of a slider.

Just now, Knight of God said:

One thing I learned in the workshops is code. This means the draft class was a bit thin. I already stated this months ago. There were a lot of more safe players in those rounds, meaning at worst you have a good solid guy that can back up. In a draft like this you look at keys like scheme fit and whether or not you can hone a project or make the most of a slider.

I was not impressed with the talent from top to bottom..Pretty blanned draft class imo

3 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I was not impressed with the talent from top to bottom..Pretty blanned draft class imo

That’s all there was. I think we got some good pieces for what we’re doing though. I think in retrospect a lot of the guys we wanted won’t be as big as we think. Even this last college year was a bit less exciting. It happens like once or twice every 7-10 years or so.

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

That’s all there was. I think we got some good pieces for what we’re doing though. I think in retrospect a lot of the guys we wanted won’t be as big as we think. Even this last college year was a bit less exciting. It happens like once or twice every 7-10 years or so.

Yup a lot of guys stayed ..or weren’t draft eligible..next year draft will be stacked. Really make sense to stack Olinemen this draft when you think about it.

Edited by Macknsweetjones

2 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Yup a lot of guys stayed ..or weren’t draft eligible..next year draft will be stacked. Really make sense to stack Olinemen this draft when you think about it.

That’s another reason I ended up loving this draft. They basically said as much in their press conference 

15 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

That sounds pretty interesting. What type of workshops were they? Sorry, I’m pretty new here and don’t know people’s Backgrounds. 

Edited by NWFALCON
Spelling

10 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

That sounds pretty interesting. What type of workshops were they? Sorry, I’m pretty new here and don’t know people’s Backgrounds. 

I had intentions at one point of being a scout or something close to that. So many terms it gets confusing as to what’s what. I took some classes and went to a few workshops. They were cool. Not nearly as informative as it would seem, but fun.

9 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I had intentions at one point of being a scout or something close to that. So many terms it gets confusing as to what’s what. I took some classes and went to a few workshops. They were cool. Not nearly as informative as it would seem, but fun.

Thanks. I’ll be sure to keep an eye on your posts and opinions. 

I’m not special. There are guys around here that have unbelievable intuition and intellect on the game. There is a reason I am not a professional scout.

I am attempting to evolve from a casual fan to an informed fan. Any viewpoint or breakdown from educated/experienced minds is invaluable to me.

Just now, NWFALCON said:

I am attempting to evolve from a casual fan to an informed fan. Any viewpoint or breakdown from educated/experienced minds is invaluable to me.

Man that’s awesome. For Xs and Os - @PeytonMannings Forehead, Salary cap - @capologist, Mock drafts - @g-dawg, running backs @citsalp and The Fatboi, safeties @youngbloodz, league happenings @atljbo, metrics @Kayoh, and all things in between @Yo_Lover

You can can most here and many things and will get strong responses 

Man that’s awesome. For Xs and Os - @PeytonMannings Forehead, Salary cap - @capologist, Mock drafts - @g-dawg, running backs @citsalp and The Fatboi, safeties @youngbloodz, league happenings @atljbo, metrics @Kayoh, and all things in between @Yo_Lover

hi. I love Lindstrom and McGary but hate that we traded out of day 2 for McGary. How ya doin.

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Awesome. Thanks.