JG2008

Thomas Dimitroff needs to write a book entitled “The Art of Panic in an NFL Draft”

88 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Thomas Dimitroff needs to write a book entitled “The Art of Panic in an NFL Draft” 

Face Reality: Our front office filled needs in this draft but they totally screwed us in the process and wasted many picks.  They had a golden opportunity picking at 14 and having so many picks in this draft for once and they blew it.

TD buys at the high and sells at the low. A GM that really knows what he is doing could have leveraged this draft into something really special but our Front Office panicked and ruined the opportunity we had. Sure like I said above we definitely filled needs but we paid way to F’in much for our 1st 2 picks especially the 2nd pick in the 1st rd that was the back breaker and shows TD’s level of panic and utter stupidity at “negotiating” value

Below are Walter Footballs grades for most of our picks  I agree with what he says about the 1st 2 picks.  I really like both players we got but essentially it’s like we went out and bought 2 great cars but agreed to give the dealer 33% more than retail for Car 1 and 200% over retail for Car 2  we got really good cars and they’ll perform well but we wasted so much value and resources unnecessarily in obtaining them it make you feel like we have rookies running the FO instead of the supposed “dream team” of  TD and Company

https://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades.php

Atlanta Falcons: Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College D- Grade 

Look, I understand why the Falcons didn't select Andre Dillard over Chris Lindstrom. Atlanta desires to be more physical, so Lindstrom would qualify as such over Dillard. However, the value here is zilch. Selecting a guard in the top half of the opening round is highly questionable, especially when considering that teams in the 20s believed Lindstrom would be available to them. I suppose this pick is a byproduct of Christian Wilkins being snatched off the board. It's a panic move for sure. I like Lindstrom, and he should turn out to be a solid protector for Matt Ryan, but once the Dolphins snatched Wilkins, the Falcons should have moved down six or so spots. They would've been able to obtain Lindstrom or someone comparable there

Atlanta Falcons: Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington D- Grade 

I nearly made this my fourth "F" grade of the night, but the other three were slightly worse. Still, this is a horrible selection, mostly because of the trade. Kaleb McGary is a player I consistently slotted in the 50-75 range of my mock draft. He was regarded as a Round 2-3 prospect, so had the Falcons chosen McGary in the second frame, that would've been fine. Trading up for him, however, seems unnecessary and ridiculous, and after what happened in the first round, I have to wonder if Atlanta's front office created its draft board after a long night of drinking. 

Atlanta Falcons: Kendall Sheffield, CB, Ohio State B Grade 

Kendall Sheffield is an extremely raw prospect. He has immense upside because of his athleticism, but he's a project for sure. The Falcons will need to develop him, or he won't do anything. However, he's worth the risk here in the fourth round. 

Atlanta Falcons: John Cominsky, DE, Charleston A Grade 

This is a great pick at the end of the fourth round. John Cominsky could've been chosen a round earlier than this, but there's obvious concern with his level of competition. However, Cominsky is a highly athletic player with immense upside. He holds up very well against the run and has the potential to emerge as a potent pass rusher. 

Atlanta Falcons: Qadree Ollison, RB, Pittsburgh D Grade 

Qadree Ollison is a tough runner, but offers very limited athleticism and upside. I didn't think Ollison would be drafted, so this is a reach. The Falcons needed a backup running back after losing Tevin Coleman, but they could've done better

Atlanta Falcons: Jordan Miller, CB, Washington B Grade 

Jordan Miller is a long cornerback (6-1, 186) with above-average athleticism, so there's some potential with him. However, he needs to be developed. He lacks strength, gets injured too often and misses way too many tackles. This is an OK choice at the end of Round 5

Edited by JG2008
GreggT likes this

Lol @ these people claiming TD panicked. Please explain how you can know that. It’s pure speculation. 

And lol @ using WalterFootball as a legitimate source. Someone post what he said about Neal and Debo when we drafted them. He grilled those picks too. 

What an embarrassing thread 

we need to start banning people who have no idea what they are talking.  Exactly who were you wanting the Falcons to draft from the 4th round on?  Believe it or not, the top 100 prospects that you may know about get picked before the 4th round. 

4 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

we need to start banning people who have no idea what they are talking.  Exactly who were you wanting the Falcons to draft from the 4th round on?  Believe it or not, the top 100 prospects that you may know about get picked before the 4th round. 

You da man R!!!

Hey I trust they know what they are doing.imagine if Ryan had time.its like I've learned since dq got here dq's drafts seem like wild pitches but more often than not it's just a slider that caught the outside of the plate.ill judge when the year is up.

27 minutes ago, JG2008 said:

Thomas Dimitroff needs to write a book entitled “The Art of Panick in an NFL Draft” 

Face Reality: Our front office filled needs in this draft but they totally screwed us in the process and wasted many picks.  They had a golden opportunity picking at 14 and having so many picks in this draft for once and they blew it.

TD buys at the high and sells at the low. A GM that really knows what he is doing could have leveraged this draft into something really special but our Front Office panicked and ruined the opportunity we had. Sure like I said above we definitely filled needs but we paid way to F’in much for our 1st 2 picks especially the 2nd pick in the 1st rd that was the back breaker and shows TD’s level of panick and utter stupidity at “negotiating” value

Below are Walter Footballs grades for most of our picks  I agree with what he says about the 1st 2 picks.  I really like both players we got but essentially it’s like we went out and bought 2 great cars but agreed to give the dealer 33% more than retail for Car 1 and 200% over retail for Car 2  we got really good cars and they’ll perform well but we wasted so much value and resources unnecessarily in obtaining them it make you feel like we have rookies running the FO instead of the supposed “dream team” of  TD and Company

https://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades.php

Atlanta Falcons: Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College D- Grade 

Look, I understand why the Falcons didn't select Andre Dillard over Chris Lindstrom. Atlanta desires to be more physical, so Lindstrom would qualify as such over Dillard. However, the value here is zilch. Selecting a guard in the top half of the opening round is highly questionable, especially when considering that teams in the 20s believed Lindstrom would be available to them. I suppose this pick is a byproduct of Christian Wilkins being snatched off the board. It's a panic move for sure. I like Lindstrom, and he should turn out to be a solid protector for Matt Ryan, but once the Dolphins snatched Wilkins, the Falcons should have moved down six or so spots. They would've been able to obtain Lindstrom or someone comparable there

Atlanta Falcons: Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington D- Grade 

I nearly made this my fourth "F" grade of the night, but the other three were slightly worse. Still, this is a horrible selection, mostly because of the trade. Kaleb McGary is a player I consistently slotted in the 50-75 range of my mock draft. He was regarded as a Round 2-3 prospect, so had the Falcons chosen McGary in the second frame, that would've been fine. Trading up for him, however, seems unnecessary and ridiculous, and after what happened in the first round, I have to wonder if Atlanta's front office created its draft board after a long night of drinking. 

Atlanta Falcons: Kendall Sheffield, CB, Ohio State B Grade 

Kendall Sheffield is an extremely raw prospect. He has immense upside because of his athleticism, but he's a project for sure. The Falcons will need to develop him, or he won't do anything. However, he's worth the risk here in the fourth round. 

Atlanta Falcons: John Cominsky, DE, Charleston A Grade 

This is a great pick at the end of the fourth round. John Cominsky could've been chosen a round earlier than this, but there's obvious concern with his level of competition. However, Cominsky is a highly athletic player with immense upside. He holds up very well against the run and has the potential to emerge as a potent pass rusher. 

Atlanta Falcons: Qadree Ollison, RB, Pittsburgh D Grade 

Qadree Ollison is a tough runner, but offers very limited athleticism and upside. I didn't think Ollison would be drafted, so this is a reach. The Falcons needed a backup running back after losing Tevin Coleman, but they could've done better

Atlanta Falcons: Jordan Miller, CB, Washington B Grade 

Jordan Miller is a long cornerback (6-1, 186) with above-average athleticism, so there's some potential with him. However, he needs to be developed. He lacks strength, gets injured too often and misses way too many tackles. This is an OK choice at the end of Round 5

You should write a book I got no clue what I am talking about......just sayen