Jump to content

new GM and new HC in 2020


81KJW
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

You're probably right and it will be a shame because I think Quinn is a good coach.  Just hasn't been given the right material to make this a great defensive team.  TD wants a great offensive team, not a great defensive team.

the nfl is all about offense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Defense is good enough. We HAVE to protect our QB. 

The defensive line needs work too, but offensive line comes first. I have been wanting to see this sort of attention to the offensive line since 2008. If the two linemen live up to the Falcons expectations, this could be one of the most valuable Falcon drafts ever.

That said, we better hope the Falcons organization has become better at finding linemen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

People forget how good our defense was in 2017. 

They didn't forget. This was their Christmas day and instead of a PS4, they opened the box to find the clothes they need to get a job and be successful in life. They wanted us to draft guys who would get the headlines but without solid players in the trenches, those flashy players can look good on losing teams.

We're adding Debo for a full season and getting Neal and Rico back. We also have Foye with a year's experience and Senat ready to take a leap. We'll be fine on D, especially if we can sustain a couple more drives per game and keep the defense off the field for another four minutes or so. What we can't have is our quarterback (and biggest cap hit) leaving the game on a gurney.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Defense is good enough. We HAVE to protect our QB. 

Our defense is good enough??  What?? 

Am I in the twilight zone or something? Or QB managed a top 5 in almost every statistical areas last season and we had 2 Pro Bowl O-Lineman. Meanwhile we have had a ProBowl D-Lineman once since 2014 and that one was 2 years ago.

You can agree with our draft picks but let's not rewrite reality as we see fit. Leave that for Thanos

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can’t wait . Outside of 14 & maybe Cominsky this draft was terrible . Matt is good enough to mask a decent OL he did in 2017. What he cant make up for is a defense that will get sliced through when it matters most . See 28-3 . & that debacle wasn’t only the defense it was DQ for not knowing better when it came to his OC . The same DQ that hired Sark, the same DQ that didn’t get a much needed impact defender for his defensive line . I feel strongly that he’ll be toast after this season & I’ll be happy . I been wanting his head since he allowed 28-3 & the year after in Philly to happen . Inept . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Can’t wait . Outside of 14 & maybe Cominsky this draft was terrible . Matt is good enough to mask a decent OL he did in 2017. What he cant make up for is a defense that will get sliced through when it matters most . See 28-3 . & that debacle wasn’t only the defense it was DQ for not knowing better when it came to his OC . The same DQ that hired Sark, the same DQ that didn’t get a much needed impact defender for his defensive line . I feel strongly that he’ll be toast after this season & I’ll be happy . I been wanting his head since he allowed 28-3 & the year after in Philly to happen . Inept . 

If he gets sacked 42 times again, the only mask he's going to see is the one his surgeon is wearing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

They didn't forget. This was their Christmas day and instead of a PS4, they opened the box to find the clothes they need to get a job and be successful in life. They wanted us to draft guys who would get the headlines but without solid players in the trenches, those flashy players can look good on losing teams.

We're adding Debo for a full season and getting Neal and Rico back. We also have Foye with a year's experience and Senat ready to take a leap. We'll be fine on D, especially if we can sustain a couple more drives per game and keep the defense off the field for another four minutes or so. What we can't have is our quarterback (and biggest cap hit) leaving the game on a gurney.

You wait just a minute! You mean to tell me if we keep our QB clean, he will produce longer drives, give our defense time to rest and we will win more games? Honestly that's not acceptable Ed Oliver or fire everyone. Helllll blank should sell the team

But on a logical note. We've added some depth at DT have our HC as DC willing to take full accountability for the defense. Found a way to add some good depth through the draft on positions of need. I am absolutely ecstatic for this season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

If he gets sacked 42 times again, the only mask he's going to see is the one his surgeon is wearing.

He won’t be sacked 42x with the additions we made in FA alone . 14 by himself was more then enough & a move that was great for the future .. the other shlt (31) was over kill & a waste of picks that should have went to the defense . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...