Chitown2ATL_Falcon

No Super Bowl for Ryan

57 posts in this topic

I predict no Super Bowl for Ryan no matter how good the offense is.  It will take 3-5 years for the Falcons to build a defense that can win a Super Bowl.  This was the last chance for them to try and do it within the next 2 years and they failed.  Quinn may be a defensive mastermind, but he needs something to work with and so far the Front Office has not given him much material to work with.  Our defense once again will be in the bottom half of the defensive rankings.

The defense is not good enough to win the Super Bowl.  We are not Patriots. We are not going to outscore teams in a shootout. 

Or even worse, heaven forbid Ryan goes down and out for the season.  Then what.  All that money and draft picks invested on the offensive side of the ball just went to waste.  

So time to find another team to root for.  Not giving up on the Falcons.  Just not expecting much for now.  Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised one day. 

Until then, will add another team to root for, Will also root for the Giants since my nephew plays for them.  I know they are not going to the Super Bowl either.  But at least they understand that defense wins championships.

So just so you know, I'm not leaving.  Will just be lurking, hoping for the best, and expecting the worse.

 

Edited by Chitown2ATL_Falcon
Falcster and Flying Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you can see in the future can you tell me the lotto numbers?
 

TC you spewed alot of stuff there, can you explain why you think that way and what would you have done differently? I swear people think they are experts because they saw some highlights on YouTube and maybe watched one Clemson game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

I predict no Super Bowl for Ryan no matter how good the offense is.  It will take 3-5 years for the Falcons to build a defense that can win a Super Bowl.  This was the last chance for them to try and do it within the next 2 years and they failed.  Quinn may be a defensive mastermind, but he needs something to work with and so far the Front Office has not given him much material to work with.  Our defense once again will be in the bottom half of the defensive rankings.

The defense is not good enough to win the Super Bowl.  We are not Patriots. We are not going to outscore teams in a shootout. 

Or even worse, heaven forbid Ryan goes down and out for the season.  Then what.  All that money and draft picks invested on the offensive side of the ball just went to waste.  

So time to find another team to root for.  Will root for the Giants since my nephew places for them.  I know they are not going to the Super Bowl either.  But at least they understand that defense wins championships.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but mine is this:

The Falcons made draft moves to repair the weakest unit on the team...the offensive line.

They have a MVP quarterback who every season SOMEHOW throws for 4,000+ yards, and almost no interceptions...all while basically running for his life.  

The running game has been nonexistent the past couple years, and yes, injury has something to do with that, but the glaring problem was a weak blocking line, period.  If you can't run, you can't pass.  We should be able to do both much better than we have for the past couple seasons. 

-

Protecting a MVP quarterback and opening up running lanes will yield much more in the way of time of possession...which will allow the defense to rest up for the fourth quarter...than if we'd just grabbed the hotshot defensive lineman that every 'expert' said we should have snatched up. 

Also keep in mind, DQ is now focused entirely on calling the defense, and that is a very good thing.  

Keep the faith! 

 

gkgrimes likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

I predict no Super Bowl for Ryan no matter how good the offense is.  It will take 3-5 years for the Falcons to build a defense that can win a Super Bowl.  This was the last chance for them to try and do it within the next 2 years and they failed.  Quinn may be a defensive mastermind, but he needs something to work with and so far the Front Office has not given him much material to work with.  Our defense once again will be in the bottom half of the defensive rankings.

The defense is not good enough to win the Super Bowl.  We are not Patriots. We are not going to outscore teams in a shootout. 

Or even worse, heaven forbid Ryan goes down and out for the season.  Then what.  All that money and draft picks invested on the offensive side of the ball just went to waste.  

So time to find another team to root for.  Not giving up on the Falcons.  Just not expecting much for now.  Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised one day. 

Until then, will add another team to root for, Will also root for the Giants since my nephew plays for them.  I know they are not going to the Super Bowl either.  But at least they understand that defense wins championships.

So just so you know, I'm not leaving.  Will just be lurking, hoping for the best, and expecting the worse.

 

Did  you forget the 2017 defense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, octoslash said:

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but mine is this:

The Falcons made draft moves to repair the weakest unit on the team...the offensive line.

They have a MVP quarterback who every season SOMEHOW throws for 4,000+ yards, and almost no interceptions...all while basically running for his life.  

The running game has been nonexistent the past couple years, and yes, injury has something to do with that, but the glaring problem was a weak blocking line, period.  If you can't run, you can't pass.  We should be able to do both much better than we have for the past couple seasons. 

-

Protecting a MVP quarterback and opening up running lanes will yield much more in the way of time of possession...which will allow the defense to rest up for the fourth quarter...than if we'd just grabbed the hotshot defensive lineman that every 'expert' said we should have snatched up. 

Also keep in mind, DQ is now focused entirely on calling the defense, and that is a very good thing.  

Keep the faith! 

 

The O-Line was not great, but it was not the weakest unit at all. We had the 2nd worst run defense and bottom 8 pass defense. We also had 2 O-Lineman make the Probowl last year. 

This over exaggeration of our offensive line woes needs to stop. We weren't great,  but we had other areas that were much weaker last season and others that will be weaker this season due to departures. 

Edited by MD-FalconFan13
Chitown2ATL_Falcon and Spts1 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, octoslash said:

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but mine is this:

The Falcons made draft moves to repair the weakest unit on the team...the offensive line.

They have a MVP quarterback who every season SOMEHOW throws for 4,000+ yards, and almost no interceptions...all while basically running for his life.  

The running game has been nonexistent the past couple years, and yes, injury has something to do with that, but the glaring problem was a weak blocking line, period.  If you can't run, you can't pass.  We should be able to do both much better than we have for the past couple seasons. 

-

Protecting a MVP quarterback and opening up running lanes will yield much more in the way of time of possession...which will allow the defense to rest up for the fourth quarter...than if we'd just grabbed the hotshot defensive lineman that every 'expert' said we should have snatched up. 

Also keep in mind, DQ is now focused entirely on calling the defense, and that is a very good thing.  

Keep the faith! 

 

Well spoken

octoslash likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Did  you forget the 2017 defense?

No.  If it had been a great defense it could have stopped New England.  New England's offense can be stopped, but only by a a great defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

No.  If it had been a great defense it could have stopped New England.  New England's offense can be stopped, but only by a a great defense.

Why are you still here? Are you a Giants troll now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Anyone who gives up being a fan of a team because they think they had a bad draft, was never worth having as a fan to begin with.

Good Riddance, and don't let the door hit you on the way out

Felt like this should be said again haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

I predict no Super Bowl for Ryan no matter how good the offense is.  It will take 3-5 years for the Falcons to build a defense that can win a Super Bowl.  This was the last chance for them to try and do it within the next 2 years and they failed.  Quinn may be a defensive mastermind, but he needs something to work with and so far the Front Office has not given him much material to work with.  Our defense once again will be in the bottom half of the defensive rankings.

The defense is not good enough to win the Super Bowl.  We are not Patriots. We are not going to outscore teams in a shootout. 

Or even worse, heaven forbid Ryan goes down and out for the season.  Then what.  All that money and draft picks invested on the offensive side of the ball just went to waste.  

So time to find another team to root for.  Not giving up on the Falcons.  Just not expecting much for now.  Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised one day. 

Until then, will add another team to root for, Will also root for the Giants since my nephew plays for them.  I know they are not going to the Super Bowl either.  But at least they understand that defense wins championships.

So just so you know, I'm not leaving.  Will just be lurking, hoping for the best, and expecting the worse.

 

You sure wasted a lot of time typing all that. 

gkgrimes and GhostofGritz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

The O-Line was not great, but it was not the weakest unit at all. We had the 2nd worst run defense and bottom 8 pass defense. We also had 2 O-Lineman make the Probowl last year. 

This over exaggeration of our offensive line woes needs to stop. Ee were great,  but we had other areas that were much weaker last season and others that will be weaker this season due to departures. 

the defense was bad last year because 80% of our best defensive players were hurt. just getting keanu and deion back will improve the defense immensely. not to mention rico, and the growth of senat and the the fact that we got claiborne back. this draft left us with a lot to be hopeful for. speed, depth, and versatility. those are 3 keys to success.

octoslash likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now