Knight of God

Don’t Sleep On Miller

38 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

This guy is y’all and has the reach. Also very physical and explosive on field personality. Vocal leader and Cover 3 background. How he slid, I’m searching hard for.

A possible bright spot in this dismal draft.  Maybe it will work out in 3 or 5 years.  Don't expect no Super Bowl this year!!

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

This guy is y’all and has the reach. Also very physical and explosive on field personality. Vocal leader and Cover 3 background. How he slid, I’m searching hard for.

Basically his broken ankle last year and a hamstring injury hurt him some, and alot of scouts ranking him low on run support.. Other than that, hes a steal imo

Knight of God likes this

KOG, brother, you beat me to it! I was about to make a thread. Honestly, this guy might be my favorite pick of ours and I don’t dislike any of our picks necessarily. This guy can play, man. Man oh man. Instincts, length, size, ability to play the ball, run support. Zone or man. 

Tandy, dawgsfan426, Stryka and 2 others like this

1 minute ago, CTann said:

KOG, brother, you beat me to it! I was about to make a thread. Honestly, this guy might be my favorite pick of ours and I don’t dislike any of our picks necessarily. This guy can play, man. Man oh man. Instincts, length, size, ability to play the ball, run support. Zone or man. 

The only on field negative i saw was his lack of run support..could just be a speck on some scouts eyes.. But other than that, he seems like the real deal

CTann and Knight of God like this

2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

The only on field negative i saw was his lack of run support..could just be a speck on some scouts eyes.. But other than that, he seems like the real deal

Could be. Good eye, mate. I’ll need to do some more film watching. I watched the tape against Ohio State earlier and really liked what I saw overall. I need to go back and hone in on the run department.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

15 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Not gonna sleep on him, but the ones I'm digging are Cominsky and Ollison.

Cominsky was compared to Aaron Donald by scouts, and I love the way Ollison runs!

1 minute ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

I would say don't sleep on the entire day 3. Somewhat makes up for not having a pick on day 2.

Yeah, I like day three a lot.

I qwik maffs read Miller needs to put on some weight but otherwise is a good boundary Cover-3 depth guy day 1 as you said. System fit.

Interesting to see where they move Sheffield around to, if FS is in play for him eventually. Way faster than Kazee and Allen. Could be in the Nickel or depth there in event Allen has setback or delay; forcing us to use Kazee at FS.

I think I remember reading Miller was a bad tackler. Throws body at guys instead of looking to wrap up. Again, that's one scout take. Like most of us, takes time to look at tape and see what the reports actually merit concern over or not.

Just now, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Cominsky was compared to Aaron Donald by scouts, and I love the way Ollison runs!

I haven’t seen the Donald report but a lot of Cam Jordan talk

BoomGoesTheDynamite and Tandy like this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

I qwik maffs read Miller needs to put on some weight but otherwise is a good boundary Cover-3 depth guy day 1 as you said. System fit.

Interesting to see where they move Sheffield around to, if FS is in play for him eventually. Way faster than Kazee and Allen. Could be in the Nickel or depth there in event Allen has setback or delay; forcing us to use Kazee at FS.

I think I remember reading Miller was a bad tackler. Throws body at guys instead of looking to wrap up. Again, that's one scout take. Like most of us, takes time to look at tape and see what the reports actually merit concern over or not.

Nah, no weight. Let him play

MSalmon, Drew4719 and Schwarzwald like this

29 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Nah, no weight. Let him play

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jordan-miller?id=32194d49-4c37-3762-c0d7-70bbb307a253

Seems like strength and being thin in weight for his height is the concern entering NFL. We can still use him off corner in Cover-3; not as fast as Kendall but just like IO fast enough as a boundary corner.

Kendall Sheffield is the guy I think they want to learn technique to play behind Tru for a year or two; maybe justify releasing Tru at age 30 after 2020. He has physical traits. It's all mental and skill for the position now.

4 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

He is aggressive versus run support, but he has missed a lot of tackles. If he just wraps up consistently instead of going for big shoulder hits, the missed tackles will stop. 

15 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

He is aggressive versus run support, but he has missed a lot of tackles. If he just wraps up consistently instead of going for big shoulder hits, the missed tackles will stop. 

Dude is nasty. Very strong guy, very physical. 

atlbaby likes this

5 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

That was just a guy on SR saying their combine numbers align.  All SR wanted him since early March.  The board crashed when we took their baby.  I’ll send the link

https://saintsreport.com/threads/2019-nfl-draft-dt-john-cominsky-vs-aaron-donald.406095/