Falcons_Frenzy

Falcons 2019 Draft Class

37 posts in this topic

I don’t understand how people are excited by McGary? He looks like to me he is getting beat and out of position on over half the plays on this “highlight” tape. Fortunately for him the ball comes out quick. His short arms get ripped through on a number of those plays. You’re telling me that’s going to work on guys like Cam Jordan and better? I hope I’m wrong, but this guy doesn’t look good to me at all. 

MD-FalconFan13 likes this

1 minute ago, RYNE said:

I don’t understand how people are excited by McGary? He looks like to me he is getting beat and out of position on over half the plays on this “highlight” tape. Fortunately for him the ball comes out quick. His short arms get ripped through on a number of those plays. You’re telling me that’s going to work on guys like Cam Jordan and better? I hope I’m wrong, but this guy doesn’t look good to me at all. 

And we gave up our 2nd and 3rd rounders for him. Even more than Lindstrom he’s got to be a hit because that’s the only way to justify sacrificing so much draft capital 

1 minute ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

And we gave up our 2nd and 3rd rounders for him. Even more than Lindstrom he’s got to be a hit because that’s the only way to justify sacrificing so much draft capital 

I don’t get it. You got Cody Ford sitting right there and this guy is who you want? I was shocked. I am not sure this guy beats out Sambrailo in a fair competition. I’m sure they’ll force it because of the pick. He may get Matt Ryan killed. Him vs Von Miller? Can you even imagine that? My god 

Lindstrom is ok, but I wasn’t excited for him at 14. If you trade up and get him at 31 that makes more sense to me. People can sell this “everyone wanted these guys” crap all they want but it’s just talk. Nobody really knows. Time will tell. I hope to god I’m wrong, but I think we are in for a real disappointment. One that could set this franchise back for 4 years and waste Julio and Matt Ryan’s prime years. 

Good luck

sdogg likes this

9 minutes ago, RYNE said:

Time stamps on where you see him getting beat?

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Time stamps on where you see him getting beat?

It’s literally half the tape. He gets his hands ripped through then is running down the pass rusher. Looks Off balance a lot. In the NFL those men will just 1 arm throw him on his face when he gets off Balanced like that. He doesn’t technically lose because the ball comes out.  

11 minutes ago, RYNE said:

It’s literally half the tape. He gets his hands ripped through then is running down the pass rusher. Looks Off balance a lot. In the NFL those men will just 1 arm throw him on his face when he gets off Balanced like that. He doesn’t technically lose because the ball comes out.  

Whatever you say

14 minutes ago, RYNE said:

He is not off balance. He forces his man away.

19 minutes ago, RYNE said:

https://www.cover1.net/nfl-draft-player-evaluation-scheme-technique/

29 minutes ago, RYNE said:

I don’t get it. You got Cody Ford sitting right there and this guy is who you want? I was shocked. I am not sure this guy beats out Sambrailo in a fair competition. I’m sure they’ll force it because of the pick. He may get Matt Ryan killed. Him vs Von Miller? Can you even imagine that? My god 

Lindstrom is ok, but I wasn’t excited for him at 14. If you trade up and get him at 31 that makes more sense to me. People can sell this “everyone wanted these guys” crap all they want but it’s just talk. Nobody really knows. Time will tell. I hope to god I’m wrong, but I think we are in for a real disappointment. One that could set this franchise back for 4 years and waste Julio and Matt Ryan’s prime years. 

Good luck

I heard Ford gained like15 pounds after the combine. Showed up heavy to some interviews. 

35 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

He essentially was our second round pick.  They way I see it we just swapped second rounders so that is a wash.  And the only pick we gave up for him was a 3rd rounder.

Tim Mazetti and Diggable Birds like this

57 minutes ago, RYNE said:

Well, see that's what happens when you don't understand what you are looking at. I'm sure the NFL teams that had him ranked up toward the top of the draft understand what is is going on better than you and I. 

Tim Mazetti and Diggable Birds like this

Most fans can't evaluate o linemen so it's understandable they don't see certain things that scouts and former high level players see. Cody Ford has better tape and was overall a better college player than McGary. Lindstrom is a bonafide stud. His tape is very very good

B_84falcons likes this

38 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Just Dammit, man.

He plays position.

People just comment to comment man there was a huge thread the other day with an in depth analysis of why he plays the way he does. It's how he was coached. The space between him and the qb is a mile but people say he still gets beat. Can't win because it's not who they wanted

1 hour ago, RYNE said:

I have no idea what you're talking about!!

Tim Mazetti likes this

52 minutes ago, RYNE said:

Read this and watch the clips.  Seriously.  You will learn something today and not be as ignorant as you are.  I promise you, it will feel refreshing knowing you no longer are wrong and look foolish.  Maybe a little embarrassing, but there's just something nice about actually being smarter about a subject.

Cheap Talk and Tim Mazetti like this

31 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

He essentially was our second round pick.  They way I see it we just swapped second rounders so that is a wash.  And the only pick we gave up for him was a 3rd rounder.

And we got a 6th in return We moved up In the draft to draft a guy who was on our board. A spot before the Patriots ( who wanted him) and because he's a first rounder he gets a 5th year option. Very smart move

Tim Mazetti likes this

Just now, Beef said:

Read this and watch the clips.  Seriously.  You will learn something today and not be as ignorant as you are.  I promise you, it will feel refreshing knowing you no longer are wrong and look foolish.  Maybe a little embarrassing, but there's just something nice about actually being smarter about a subject.

Yes was just referencing this. Anyone who says he gets beat. Watch this and if your perspective doesn't change there's something wrong with you

1 hour ago, RYNE said:

Let me try. Matt not only takes sacks, but cheap shots. Kaleb is a massive head case on the field. The definition of dog. He’ll fight. We haven’t had his type of meanness in a while. Also, McGary has been here a while

23 minutes ago, B_84falcons said:

People just comment to comment man there was a huge thread the other day with an in depth analysis of why he plays the way he does. It's how he was coached. The space between him and the qb is a mile but people say he still gets beat. Can't win because it's not who they wanted

These kids.

Yesser. He is a bad man with talent and strength. Woe to the unprepared fore if he can't out position you he will grind you. I hope he is a Falcon for years.

5 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Honestly learned alot from this breakdown. Makes me feel better about the pick. 

Thank you

You and me both man. So much good info in that link. 

Put some weight/muscle on Miller and I think he’s got a chance to be a special late round talent 

12 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

These kids.

Yesser. He is a bad man with talent and strength. Woe to the unprepared fore if he can't out position you he will grind you. I hop he is a Falcon for years.

Absolutely and he's a mountain with elite athletic ability I'm pumped

Drew4719 and Tim Mazetti like this