ATLSlobberKnockers

Official PFA and UDFA thread

222 posts in this topic

A little info on the UDFA DE we signed Durrant Miles.

The first name that most Boise State fans think of when it comes to NFL prospects outside of Brett Rypien and Alexander Mattison this weekend probably is not Durrant Miles.

Maybe it should be.

Miles has picked up momentum following an impressive Pro Day workout at Boise State earlier this month and appears to have put himself in consideration for a late-round pick. He's hoping to at least secure a free agent contract should he end up going undrafted.

"My chances are great," Miles told the Idaho Press this week. "Not only my performance the last four years at Boise State but especially Pro Day, I think I separated myself from a lot of guys in my class and I think a lot of teams took notice to that.

"I've been talking with a bunch of different teams, 20-plus teams have contacted me over the last month or so. As things get close here I've been getting a lot of phone calls confirming my draft day number, where I will fly out from, that kind of stuff. It's a really exciting time."

Jabril Frazier (size) and Tyler Horton (production) have gotten more attention when it comes to the NFL, but Miles seemingly has as good a chance as any of the former Broncos to latch on with an NFL team this weekend.

The 6-foot-5, 261-pound Miles was named All-Mountain West Honorable Mention after finishing third on the Broncos with 4.5 sacks and fourth with 6.5 tackles-for-loss last season. He started 28 games and appeared in 50 during his career at Boise State. Off the field he's got no red flags and is considered a strong leader.

"A lot of teams took notice of my explosiveness at Pro Day," Miles said. "I'm big and physical, but I'm also explosive. With my 34-inch vertical, my 9-(foot)-5 broad (jump), that puts me right up there with some of the top guys at the combine. My 10-yard split being a 1.68 for my 40, that's a great time as well.

"I think I've set myself up in the best position I can to give me the best advantage over others in this draft class. It's a really exciting time. I'm just waiting for that phone call."

Miles, who will return home to be with family and friends in Salt Lake City during the draft this weekend, knows he'll have plenty of work to do once he latches on with an NFL team. All he's hoping for is that chance.

"I think having the underdog mentality has kind of been my persona my entire life," Miles said. "I think it plays well to who I am. I'm just excited to get on whatever team decides to pick me up and just hit the ground running. I'm going to compete day in and day out. That's something I've always been about."

https://cbslocal.org/nfl/nfl-draft-notebook-boise-state-durrant-miles-hoping-land-nfl-team-88888004

1 minute ago, Atlfalcons08 said:

Why are our undrafted free agents always players who no one knows? It's frustrating. 

Well, I'd say that goes for most teams.  Just cause a player is "known" in some way ...local? good college player?  whatever, does not mean he will be a great player.  While there are a lot of UDFAs in the league, most end up as role players. Success is quite rare. 

It is fun to follow them though to see who pans out or is that diamond in the rough.

roman42 likes this

Cincinnati WR Kahlil Lewis will sign as an UDFA with the Falcons (multiple reports on this signing...seems like a sleeper dude)

Here is the "confirmed" list so far from Falcoholic, for simplicity, although I think a couple of names mentioned are missing:

Boise St. DL Durrant Miles
Virginia WR Olamide Zaccheaus
San Diego St. S Parker Baldwin
UCF CB Rashard Causey
Temple OL Jaelin Robinson
Illinois LB Del’Shawn Phillips
Ferris St. OL Devon Johnson
Southern Arkansas DL DaVondrick Lison
Texas Tech DL Preston Gordon
Wake Forest DL Willie Yarbary
UAB TE Logan Scott
Cincinnati WR Kahlil Lewis
Alabama A&M Yurik Bethune
Penn State LS Kyle Vasey

thanat0s likes this

2 hours ago, stizz said:

Would love to use him the way New Orleans uses Taysom, but I don't think Koetter operates a step ahead and would rather just throw downfield.

We could be like the pats; develop a qb and then farm him out for a 2nd rounder. 

31 minutes ago, lymond said:

Well, I'd say that goes for most teams.  Just cause a player is "known" in some way ...local? good college player?  whatever, does not mean he will be a great player.  While there are a lot of UDFAs in the league, most end up as role players. Success is quite rare. 

It is fun to follow them though to see who pans out or is that diamond in the rough.

True, I'm sure a lot folks outside the state of Georgia didn't know who Jesse Tuggle was but the hammer beasted when he got here

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, roman42 said:

True, I'm sure a lot folks outside the state of Georgia didn't know who Jesse Tuggle was but the hammer beasted when he got here

indeed, and one of my favorite players of all time

53 minutes ago, Atlfalcons08 said:

Why are our undrafted free agents always players who no one knows? It's frustrating. 

Did you know Chris Harris? Schraeder? Poole? 

g-dawg and VTCrunkler like this

40 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

Cincinnati QB was dropping dimes in that vid!!! Had to comment 

I.ean dayum. Totally quit watching the receiver. He looks to have JUST enough arm strength to make all tye throws. Put s perfect amount of air under his intermediate throws. Ball placement is exactly where it needs to be to maximize y.a.c.

ramonezy and ahawkins like this

3 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I.ean dayum. Totally quit watching the receiver. He looks to have JUST enough arm strength to make all tye throws. Put s perfect amount of air under his intermediate throws. Ball placement is exactly where it needs to be to maximize y.a.c.

Good footwork too. 

ramonezy likes this

2 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

lol... me too... i forgot i was looking at the WR. Wonder if he was drafted? 

12 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Thank goodness.! 

Now we can move on to better guys. 

Why did he come out as a junior and not just stay in school to elevate stock?