Spts1

Chris Lindstrom and Kaleb McGary vs Christian Wilkins and Deandre Baker

Which combo do you prefer?   99 members have voted

1. 1. Which combo do you prefer?

• Lindstrom/McGary
    • Wilkins/Baker

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

65 posts in this topic

This board is hilarious. 

If this question was asked before the draft it would have been 90% Wilkins/Baker and 10% Lindstrom/McGary... 

We pick them and it magically changed everyone's opinion. If you would have said we're spending our 1st 3 picks on 2 OL people would have called it ridiculous 

Spts1 likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Okay soooo last night wifey made chicken Alfredo with some skrimps. I had to pop a Zantac 150 afterwards but it was totes delicious 

Chicken alfredo is the shiiiiiiittttt

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Chicken alfredo is the shiiiiiiittttt

That’s the first time she fixed some in a hot minute. I smacked her on the butt and told her I love her extra for that.

tonight I’m gonna get a wing and thing with both dipped in tongue torch then sprinkle on some lemon pepper at the house

ICD and Francis York Morgan like this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

That’s the first time she fixed some in a hot minute. I smacked her on the butt and told her I love her extra for that.

tonight I’m gonna get a wing and thing with both dipped in tongue torch then sprinkle on some lemon pepper at the house

This man getting creative with his Zaxbys ok :lol:

50 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I get WHY the Falcons made their picks.  You have to have solid lines on both sides of the ball to be elite.  The reason I don't like the direction they went is the fact they could've had Christian Wilkins and Deandre Baker instead.  If you can move back into the first round to draft McGary you can move back into it and grab Baker at the bottom of the first round.  Lindstrom and McGary may or may not become pro bowlers or solid starters but my thinking is it means nothing if you can't stop anybody. 

Baker played in the SEC and was a true shut down corner that knows HOW to play he position.  He was rated the number 1 defensive back in the draft.  Wilkins graded slightly higher by the pros and would have fit nicely next to Grady as the " attack" tackle in that 4-3 under that Quinn runs.  I REALLY don't get the Falcons.  They could've had TWO of the best rated defenders in the draft and immediately transformed that defense but instead went the safe route and patched the offensive line up.  Again, it doesn't matter if you can't stop anybody.  What makes this look bad is the fact that both players were reachable with minor trades but instead the Falcons REACHED on the offensive line.  

And still allowed Matt to get sacked another 42 times we win thru Matt we sustain the lead thru the defense. So if Matt can't put up points because of poor protection we don't win. Simply put. Also we reached for the best Guard and Top 5 Tackle.

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

This man getting creative with his Zaxbys ok :lol:

That’s what we do lol. Sprinkle lemon pepper on you bbq or hot wings. You may like it. Don’t go to heavy though. Sprinkle just enough

5 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

This board is hilarious. 

If this question was asked before the draft it would have been 90% Wilkins/Baker and 10% Lindstrom/McGary... 

We pick them and it magically changed everyone's opinion. If you would have said we're spending our 1st 3 picks on 2 OL people would have called it ridiculous 

Of course it would have.  Those were more popular players around here predraft, but doesn't make it right.  It seems people are looking more into the players we picked and finding things they like.  That's a far better approach to this than deciding that you hate the picks because they weren't the guys you wanted, but there's plenty of that here too.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

That’s what we do lol. Sprinkle lemon pepper on you bbq or hot wings. You may like it. Don’t go to heavy though. Sprinkle just enough

I'll try it.

9 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

This board is hilarious. 

Because neither player was available where we picked, dude. It's a non issue. We would have had to trade up for both, even from where we did pick.

It's like if the thread asked if we'd rather have Ed Oliver and Andre Dillard. Like...that's cool and all, but how?

18 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

What ya get? I always go for the bbq wings and things.

34 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Breakfast for dinner. Partner had a rough day, I'm making her pancakes, bacon, hash browns, and mimosas.

Gonna be a really good night too. :lol:

am i the only one who gets the runs when he eats bacon?

Ovie_Lover likes this

47 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

Of course it would have.  Those were more popular players around here predraft, but doesn't make it right.  It seems people are looking more into the players we picked and finding things they like.  That's a far better approach to this than deciding that you hate the picks because they weren't the guys you wanted, but there's plenty of that here too.

The OP asked which players would you rather have. I think it's disingenuous for folks laud these 2 players with our 1st 3 picks now that our team has drafted them when they'd half lost their minds if it was suggested before the draft. 

I can't go off someone else's scouting. I trust my own eye. I think there were better players available. That's just my position. I might be wrong,  but what I won't do is pretend I like a move solely because my team makes it. 

Spts1 likes this

56 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Because neither player was available where we picked, dude. It's a non issue. We would have had to trade up for both, even from where we did pick.

It's like if the thread asked if we'd rather have Ed Oliver and Andre Dillard. Like...that's cool and all, but how?

That's not the question. The OP is asking who you'd rather have and I'm answering honestly.  I'd rather have Wilkins/Baker. 

That's not considering the fact that TD said himself that multiple teams called with interest in trading down from 6-12. So we absolutely could have drafted Oliver or Wilkins. 

Spts1 likes this

1 minute ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

That's not the question. The OP is asking who you'd rather have and I'm answering honestly.  I'd rather have Wilkins/Baker. 

That's not considering the fact that TD said himself that multiple teams called with interest in trading down from 6-12. So we absolutely could have drafted Oliver or Wilkins. 

Then spend more draft picks to draft Baker too?

Look, we all know the OPs underlying whiney motive, that's why no one wants to play this game of unrealistic revisionist history.

NeonDeion likes this

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

This is a bad thread. Hijacking this one too. 

What y'all eating today? Anything special? I went and got me some hot wings and chicken alfredo. I'm addicted, the Alfredo gives me killer gas tho.

Shrimp pho

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 minute ago, B3TD said:

Then spend more draft picks to draft Baker too?

Look, we all know the OPs underlying whiney motive, that's why no one wants to play this game of unrealistic revisionist history.

I mean think about it. We spent 1-3 on 2 OLinemen. We could have packaged our 3rd to move up to #12 and got Wilkins. Getting Baker would have been difficult and probably cost too much. But Wilkins and Justin Layne was totally possible 

Spts1 likes this

12 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I mean think about it. We spent 1-3 on 2 OLinemen. We could have packaged our 3rd to move up to #12 and got Wilkins. Getting Baker would have been difficult and probably cost too much. But Wilkins and Justin Layne was totally possible 

You know, I've thought about it, and I think it'll be easier to just go grab a Publix sub than cook tonight.

44 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

The OP asked which players would you rather have. I think it's disingenuous for folks laud these 2 players with our 1st 3 picks now that our team has drafted them when they'd half lost their minds if it was suggested before the draft. 

I can't go off someone else's scouting. I trust my own eye. I think there were better players available. That's just my position. I might be wrong,  but what I won't do is pretend I like a move solely because my team makes it. 

Seems like the typical "TATF didn't like this and now TATF does" stuff as if everyone shares the same opinions around here.  Personally, I didn't know much about our first round picks predraft as I thought we'd go a different direction.  As I've learned more about them, I view them more positively. 

If you looked into them in depth predraft and decided you don't like them, that's fine, but it's not fair to assume everyone did and is now being disingenuous.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

Seems like the typical "TATF didn't like this and now TATF does" stuff as if everyone shares the same opinions around here.  Personally, I didn't know much about our first round picks predraft as I thought we'd go a different direction.  As I've learned more about them, I view them more positively. 

If you looked into them in depth predraft and decided you don't like them, that's fine, but it's not fair to assume everyone did and is now being disingenuous.

Again, that’s not what I’m saying. This board was clamoring for Oliver. Then when it became apparent we’d have to trade up considerably to get him everyone wanted Wilkins. I don’t believe that there was a cataclysmic shift in approval for Wilkins over just about every prospect outside of the ones we KNEW would be gone by our pick because the team picked an O-Lineman. I saw maybe one guy on this entire forum wanted at #14.

Yet this poll has the Board wanting Lindstrom/McGary over Wilkins/Baker at almost 80/20?? 

I call BS. This is why some folks just call guys homers. Because few here have the stones to be honest and the ones that do are vilified. I can’t just blindly agree with a pick because our team made it.

Edited by MD-FalconFan13
Spts1 likes this