Spts1

Chris Lindstrom and Kaleb McGary vs Christian Wilkins and Deandre Baker

Which combo do you prefer?   99 members have voted

1. 1. Which combo do you prefer?

• Lindstrom/McGary
    • Wilkins/Baker

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

65 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I get WHY the Falcons made their picks.  You have to have solid lines on both sides of the ball to be elite.  The reason I don't like the direction they went is the fact they could've had Christian Wilkins and Deandre Baker instead.  If you can move back into the first round to draft McGary you can move back into it and grab Baker at the bottom of the first round.  Lindstrom and McGary may or may not become pro bowlers or solid starters but my thinking is it means nothing if you can't stop anybody. 

Baker played in the SEC and was a true shut down corner that knows HOW to play he position.  He was rated the number 1 defensive back in the draft.  Wilkins graded slightly higher by the pros and would have fit nicely next to Grady as the " attack" tackle in that 4-3 under that Quinn runs.  I REALLY don't get the Falcons.  They could've had TWO of the best rated defenders in the draft and immediately transformed that defense but instead went the safe route and patched the offensive line up.  Again, it doesn't matter if you can't stop anybody.  What makes this look bad is the fact that both players were reachable with minor trades but instead the Falcons REACHED on the offensive line.  

Edited by slickgadawg
Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

And helped solidify our run game, controlling of games, keeping Ice off his back so he can get back to MVP in doing so. They have faith in who we have have on the line so I have faith in them

Marco102 and Tim Mazetti like this

2 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Not really fair Wilkins wasn't available. He was the one I wanted but hey, if he isn't there he isn't there.

Christ, this!!

5 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Not really fair Wilkins wasn't available. He was the one I wanted but hey, if he isn't there he isn't there.

He went one pick ahead of Lindstrom.  The Falcons could have had a deal on the table to move up...

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

He went one pick ahead of Lindstrom.  The Falcons could have had a deal on the table to move up...

Ummm okay, so in your scenario we move up twice for two different players in the first round? Dude, just stop.

1 minute ago, camfalcon said:

Better yet, why didn't we take Bosa and Quinnen in the first rd? 

Same way they moved back into the first round to grab McGary.  THAT'S the elephant in the room that detractors gonna avoid...

Well, we got until training camp to figure it all out.

I will say that if the line is truly fixed... You're **** right we were better off getting Lindstrom and McGary.

Just now, 757falcons said:

And then they wouldn't have picks to get back up to Baker 

Why? Who said the pick or picks they gave up HAD to be this years picks?  The Falcons are loaded with picks over the next few seasons...

5 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Why? Who said the pick or picks they gave up HAD to be this years picks?  The Falcons are loaded with picks over the next few seasons...

No we're not

gkgrimes and jeffro2000 like this

This is a bad thread man. Baker was gone too, one pick ahead of us. That's another 4th we give up most likely. At LEAST, that's just if someone even agrees to trade. For Wilkins...maybe we give up a 3rd next year? Bare minimum.

If the question is McGary and Lindstrom or Wilkins and Baker, but losing an extra 4th and a 3rd next year, I'm taking McGary and Lindstrom. Better depth at CB/DT in the draft than OL too. It isn't even close.

Might've gone Sweat at 14 and Bradbury (if Vikes took Lindstrom and he slipped) at 31, but hey. That's not how it went. It is what it is.

Ovie_Lover likes this

6 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

We don't have a single extra pick over the next few seasons.... The draft really brings out the stupid... 

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

This is a bad thread. Hijacking this one too. 

What y'all eating today? Anything special? I went and got me some hot wings and chicken alfredo. I'm addicted, the Alfredo gives me killer gas tho.

Breakfast for dinner. Partner had a rough day, I'm making her pancakes, bacon, hash browns, and mimosas.

Gonna be a really good night too. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

What y'all eating today? Anything special? I went and got me some hot wings and chicken alfredo. I'm addicted, the Alfredo gives me killer gas tho.

I got Zaxby's for dinner, been on the west coast, ha rnt had it for 9 years.

Ovie_Lover and ryanATL1988 like this

3 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Breakfast for dinner. Partner had a rough day, I'm making her pancakes, bacon, hash browns, and mimosas.

Gonna be a really good night too. :lol:

Let's goooooo

Francis York Morgan likes this

16 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Dude got deep in his feelings the other day because I didn’t agree about Vick so I’m just gonna walk away

Ovie_Lover likes this

12 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

I got Zaxby's for dinner, been on the west coast, ha rnt had it for 9 years.

What ya get? I always go for the bbq wings and things.

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Dude got deep in his feelings the other day because I didn’t agree about Vick so I’m just gonna walk away

You're not leaving without telling us about a good *** meal.

ya_boi_j likes this

I'mma gonna warm up the wayback machine and see if we can go back to Wednesday afternoon. Then maybe we can hijack some of the other team's war rooms and change their picks, so's that you can get the picks you want.

or...

I can use the wayback machine to kill baby Hitler.

abcranford2 and Drew4719 like this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

You're not leaving without telling us about a good *** meal.

Okay soooo last night wifey made chicken Alfredo with some skrimps. I had to pop a Zantac 150 afterwards but it was totes delicious 

Ovie_Lover likes this