Bobby.Digital

How Would You Grade The Draft?

170 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A+

Addressed what needed to be addressed. Nothing exciting which usually means a solid draft a few years later when we look back. 

Our defense will be ok. We have injured players returning, a decent rotation and the backups have received significant playing time last year. 

My biggest question after this weekend is kicker. 

Edited by mjqvi
gtech1 likes this

I’m gonna say A-. Liked double dipping on the oline and at CB. Also really like the increased competition in the return game. 

Honestly at this point no idea I'm sure we wont get a great pundits grade but i will wait and see.

TBD

Really hard to judge right now. Lots of development needed. 

If Lindstrom or McGary becomes a 10 year starter, then it’s an A. 

Can’t give more than a C. I’m not saying it doesn’t turn out to be a great draft, I just know I have 0 excitement.

Posted (edited)

INCOMPLETE. But there was a clear vision. Get back to what made you successful. Scoring a bunch keeping your D off the field. Love the nastiest of the OL we got. Trust DQ and DT know how to get and teach DBs. Cominsky is going to be a DT not sold on him but maybe I'm wrong. Love having a big back who can run and block. Marcus Green looks legit. 

Ok I'll give it a B 

Edited by TimeBomb

It's a C for me. 

Didn't like the picks and can't believe we didn't drat a D-Lineman until the 4th in the deepest D-Line draft in years.. 

32 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Really hate draft grades this early. Ignoring FA, a solid B I guess. With it though? C+. Pass rush got worse since last year. Counting on Quinn to make it better. Hope we sign a few other folks. Could flip my opinion fast. 

I think we got some really good players. Just don't think we used our resources very well.

That's why I said Rating Pending. Get back to me in 3 years.

Let’s see after UDFA. I think a B. Depth and holes filled with zero ego players. I think team/brotherhood fit was a big factor. 

At this point C+/-.  Lets see who makes the final cut.  None of these guys warrant a crazy money contract.

5 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

It's a C for me. 

Didn't like the picks and can't believe we didn't drat a D-Lineman until the 4th in the deepest D-Line draft in years.. 

Because the draft was so deep at DLine they could afford to wait till the 4th

Impressed with the direction of the FO. Honestly can't say I know all of the players selected, but they all fill specific needs. 

Alot of the DLine needs were addressed in FA, with additions of Clayborn, Davidson and Hageman. But even so we added Cominsky which I think will surprise a lot of people.

The OLine finally got the attention it needed, early and often. Short yardage is no longer a fear, with the strengthened OLine and the addition of Ollison. 

We have a legitimate homerun threat at returner with Green. 

And we added CB depth with speed and length to burn... again may not know all the names but can't complain with the draft. 

A+

TimeBomb likes this

Solid B with addressing the OL, but no LB's taken? What does TD have against them, he did this to Smitty too! **** IF NO PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR - DQ will be HISTORY

I am not into draft grades but  I liked what we done overall.

It is a surprise to see us draft 4 offensive players..

Even if I did not agree with some of the picks.... they all made sense.

2 OL  as expected just not where/when expected

2 CB  ditto

2 RB  surprise

1 DE  expected to see more DL help  but lots of vet FAs signed

Plus ???  I haven't seen entire list yet

No help at LB  slightly surprised here