Bobby.Digital

How Would You Grade The Draft?

170 posts in this topic

I'll give it a b-. We definitely attacked what we needed in fortifying the oline and depth throughout the team.

1 minute ago, EZfalcons said:

I'll give it a b-. We definitely attacked what we needed in fortifying the oline and depth throughout the team.

Exactly you couldn't have worded it any better.

B_84falcons likes this

If the lineman turn into anything special and we get a solid contributor or 2, that's an A for me. But no one knows anything right now

shock likes this

C minus. Deion went out last year and it was a mess in the middle. Everything behind Deion, Devondre and Foye is simply not adequate. To sit and hope we'll have a productive UDFA right there is just not smart.

Just now, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

B - like all the picks but Sheffield and Cominsky.

They were both rated higher

Really hate draft grades this early. Ignoring FA, a solid B I guess. With it though? C+. Pass rush got worse since last year. Counting on Quinn to make it better. Hope we sign a few other folks. Could flip my opinion fast. 

I think we got some really good players. Just don't think we used our resources very well.

Although we'll not know a full grade for this draft until maybe two years ahead, I'll give it a current "B" grade. I feel that we have some new long term OL pieces that we desperately needed. We got a big RB that can likely convert our short yardage 1st downs and TD's.  We got some CB's that should address the losses we had at the position.  No LB depth acquired so I felt that need went unaddressed. I didn't expect us to go DL (which we didn't) for a change but feel these two positions will likely be high on the list next year.  Offense should be good for a while without having to sign FA 'scrubs' that never seem to pan out. Next season we can get back to addressing defensive needs throughout the draft.

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Really hate draft grades this early. Ignoring FA, a solid B I guess. With it though? C+. Pass rush got worse since last year. Counting on Quinn to make it better. Hope we sign a few other folks. Could flip my opinion fast. 

I think we got some really good players. Just don't think we used our resources very well.

Sums up my thoughts pretty well. Can't believe we're content with what we have at edge. Would have liked to see a linebacker added into the mix as well.

Lots of good potential UDFA's out there still though, which could change things.

Francis York Morgan likes this