Lowndesfalc

Falcons draft Qadree Ollison RB in5th rd

168 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

All of Day 2, but I’m good on Day one now. I rated the draft an A-

Top 10 D coming your way this year plus a pretty bad a$$ offense too my friend.  Rejoice! It’s coming. 

Lowndesfalc and Knight of God like this

11 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I had no doubts about the offense. My worry was the defense. I love what we did. For the first time in years, I actually love what I see in the secondary 

Day 3 was special.

Sorry, Day 1 is still suspect for wasting the 3rd. Hope I’m wrong about McGary having to move inside due to sluggish feet.  Time will tell

Knight of God and Ergo Proxy like this

25 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Really happy to hear you say that. I don't have the time to look at college game film, I rely on the knowledgeable posters here, you're one of them. You have connections and background I just don't have.

Looks liked they killed it on day 3. I hope Cominsky is a quick study, if he has a good rookie season, the Dline is much more solid.

Thanks bro. Means a lot

25 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Top 10 D coming your way this year plus a pretty bad a$$ offense too my friend.  Rejoice! It’s coming. 

I see that happening. DQ and TD got dangerous DBs that cause that slight hesitation. That means more sacks, INTs, and FF

21 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Day 3 was special.

Sorry, Day 1 is still suspect for wasting the 3rd. Hope I’m wrong about McGary having to move inside due to sluggish feet.  Time will tell

I hope so too, and my trick knee is telling me McGary will excel on will and effort, and is already better than what we had last year.  I'm optimistic.     Which for me is pretty weird. 

Ergo Proxy and FalconsIn2020 like this

Just now, Knight of God said:

I see that happening. DQ and TD got dangerous DBs that cause that slight hesitation. That means more sacks, INTs, and FF

They did it right this year my brother. Like 2016. This team is built for next year and many years after. Like the Patriots. It’s an every year team now and there are dogs on this team. Both sides. Believe it my friend. It’s coming. This is going to be a mean team. 

Drew4719 and Knight of God like this

6 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

They did it right this year my brother. Like 2016. This team is built for next year and many years after. Like the Patriots. It’s an every year team now and there are dogs on this team. Both sides. Believe it my friend. It’s coming. This is going to be a mean team. 

Man, we even came full circle with Sheffield.

Ergo Proxy likes this

45 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I had no doubts about the offense. My worry was the defense. I love what we did. For the first time in years, I actually love what I see in the secondary 

Does that mean you like both corners? What's your take on both of them? I saw that you are a big fan of Sheffield. I know nothing about him and won't pretend as if I know what I'm looking at when I see his highlights. What do you think his main strength will be in this scheme since the scouting reports state he has low ball instincts? Is that true or is it lack of experience at the position? :D

Sorry for all the questions

Knight of God likes this

20 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Remember he was Bama first 

I did. He probably would have been an early rounder under Saban’s tutelage. Man with Quinn he’ll probably be a stud. Some things need to be taught. 

Knight of God likes this

24 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I did. He probably would have been an early rounder under Saban’s tutelage. Man with Quinn he’ll probably be a stud. Some things need to be taught. 

Fastest player in college, and in Bama we moved him around. Played every position 

I'm very happy with this pick. We've needed a legit powerback for years. I have missed Snelling big time in many situations. 

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

I remember. Hated losing him. 

I remember being just down about it. Never stopped liking him though. You think there’s a chance we try him at FS?

ShadyRef likes this

17 minutes ago, xskyx said:

I'm very happy with this pick. We've needed a legit powerback for years. I have missed Snelling big time in many situations. 

You what this means with the return of Koetter....shuttle/shovel pass time!

xskyx and ShadyRef like this

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, HEIST said:

He doesn't have cancer

Read it wrong. He filled in for Conner when he was diagnoised with Cancer.

9 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Guaranteed he had never heard of him, so he quickly logged on ESPN and “skimmed” through his draft profile and misread that he was the backup for James Conner, a cancer patient. Then he logged on here and bitched about it being a terrible pick 

I have watched him. Never followed anything further as he’s Nothing special. But yes, I read more about every person we draft afterwards as I am sure most people do and that’s where i misread that. None of us are pro scouts that have watched every game of every player. Another Brian Hill. Waste of a pick. 

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

4 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I have watched him. Never followed anything further as he’s Nothing special. But yes, I read more about every person we draft afterwards as I am sure most people do and that’s where i misread that. None of us are pro scouts that have watched every game of every player. The fact we turned around and drafted another RB makes it all the more funny. Another Brian Hill. Waste of a pick. 

Brian hill is good behind a good oline

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

I hope so too, and my trick knee is telling me McGary will excel on will and effort, and is already better than what we had last year.  I'm optimistic.     Which for me is pretty weird. 

A concern for McGary is his ability to adapt to a strict ZBS.  The Huskies used multiple concepts, but on the few occasions thy ran zone, it was  Split Zone.  That’s just inside zone. It will take time acclimating to zone wide.

Still think Ty starts this year.

1 hour ago, ShadyRef said:

Does that mean you like both corners? What's your take on both of them? I saw that you are a big fan of Sheffield. I know nothing about him and won't pretend as if I know what I'm looking at when I see his highlights. What do you think his main strength will be in this scheme since the scouting reports state he has low ball instincts? Is that true or is it lack of experience at the position? :D

Sorry for all the questions

Sheffield is still very raw, but he’s fast and has always been an effort guy. He is perfect if we play him in the slot or FS rotations. His game is that he’s a lightning rod. Think in terms of a true project. He is likely best at a safety position. He’s Parker 2.0 Good in the right situation.

Miller is like Oliver, but with way more dog in him. He’s kind of dirty

ShadyRef and MSalmon like this

22 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I have watched him. Never followed anything further as he’s Nothing special. But yes, I read more about every person we draft afterwards as I am sure most people do and that’s where i misread that. None of us are pro scouts that have watched every game of every player. The fact we turned around and drafted another RB makes it all the more funny. Another Brian Hill. Waste of a pick. 

Better watch it,, Brian Hill is going to get more touches... He's way better than you think,, I'm still his biggest fan on here but you need to go watch the game last where they let him run.... He couldn't have done much better than he did. Very impressive running. I had read we were going to get another big back before the draft and use both Big backs this year.. Hill is the other big back.

32 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I have watched him. Never followed anything further as he’s Nothing special. But yes, I read more about every person we draft afterwards as I am sure most people do and that’s where i misread that. None of us are pro scouts that have watched every game of every player. Another Brian Hill. Waste of a pick. 

If you’re not a pro scout that hasn’t watched every player, then don’t be a fool and call him a wasted pick when you yourself just admitted you’re no expert. 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

If you’re not a pro scout that hasn’t watched every player, then don’t be a fool and call him a wasted pick when you yourself just admitted you’re no expert. 

I can have my opinion just like you can. Plenty of busts in every draft and I think he is another Brian Hill. If you don’t like my opinion keep it moving.  

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I can have my opinion just like you can. Plenty of busts in every draft and I think he is another Brian Hill. If you don’t like my opinion keep it moving.  

Your opinion is based on nothing. That’s why I don’t like it. Dude hasn’t even played an NFL snap yet.