Lowndesfalc

Falcons draft Qadree Ollison RB in5th rd

168 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I was pretty high on him. Thought he’d get noticed and be long gone. Happens sometimes. I like him. 

Yea, with all the offensive lineman we have gotten, I really wanted a running back. I couldn’t believe we got a big physical runner 

6 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Now were drafting cancer patients that are projected to be undrafted. It keeps getting better and better

LOL, you are mixing him up with James Connor from same school who overcame cancer and is now a stud RB for the Steelers.

It’s not possible that you could know any less of what you speak.

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Why. Just why. Why pick 2 running backs when the **** is not a real need

Probably for the same reason they picked 2 OL, they want the offense right.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Was at work all day during Draft.

Wanted to say YES! to a power back with decent wheels. That's all we need out of a low 5th rounder. Fixing a situational need that 1) keeps Freeman healthier or we had to rely on Wildcat and 2) works well with our more physical OL

:tiphat:

PS: And run out the clock drives for honorable mention. ;)

Knight of God likes this

13 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Was at work all day during Draft.

Wanted to say YES! to a power back with decent wheels. That's all we need out of a low 5th rounder. Fixing a situational need that 1) keeps Freeman healthier or we had to rely on Wildcat and 2) works well with our more physical OL

:tiphat:

PS: And run out the clock drives for honorable mention. ;)

More importantly, give my dam defense a rest 

8 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Exactly. The defense will be better if but for simply the offense can control the ball and clock better now.

Drew4719 and Knight of God like this

Just now, m2Falcons said:

Exactly. The defense will be better if but for simply the offense can control the ball and clock better now.

I hated the first two picks for that reason. Now, I see the direction is good. Now I love them both. 

m2Falcons, Drew4719 and falconidae like this

6 minutes ago, Statick said:

Very impressed with Ollison. He's bigger than what I realized. 

He's a one-cut and go runner, just like Coleman is.

With above average speed. What a find. Maybe they are planning to actually run the ball. Im interested to see what run game plans Dirk and mularkey can put together. 

I wonder if they will use a set up similar to Seattle in which one calls the pass plays and the other calls the run plays. 

m2Falcons likes this

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

I hated the first two picks for that reason. Now, I see the direction is good. Now I love them both. 

People busting on McGary...   LOL.  That boy don't take no crap; gonna' make 'em pay!  Look'in at YOU, Cam Jordan.

1 minute ago, ShadyRef said:

With above average speed. What a find. Maybe they are planning to actually run the ball. Im interested to see what run game plans Dirk and mularkey can put together. 

I wonder if they will use a set up similar to Seattle in which one calls the pass plays and the other calls the run plays. 

I can see a day, very soon, when our #1 RB is 230 lbs. of QO,

ShadyRef likes this

2 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

People busting on McGary...   LOL.  That boy don't take no crap; gonna' make 'em pay!  Look'in at YOU, Cam Jordan.

Alpha dog. He’s what we need on defense...oh yeah. Wait...Miller and Cominsky. Hmmmm

17 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

While doing more than just pass blocking and keeping their D fresh...make them hold a block on their DL for a change! None of this permanent outside zone. We got inside zone coming, I'm pumped. Flashbacks of the Burner!

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

While doing more than just pass blocking and keeping their D fresh...make them hold a block on their DL for a change! None of this permanent outside zone. We got inside zone coming, I'm pumped. Flashbacks of the Burner!

Stop! I’m trying to calm down. :slick:

Ergo Proxy likes this

Alpha dog. He’s what we need on defense...oh yeah. Wait...Miller and Cominsky. Hmmmm

Yeah....  I think after a season that Cominsky could blossom into a hella player for us as the anchor DE that can also pass rush from inside when we want him to. 

Ergo Proxy and Knight of God like this

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Nice stiff arm... but I want to see him  drop his shoulder and run someone over.

Cake. Farley was a former WR coming off a knees injury. We still got run over that game. But  Just sayin. 

Just now, m2Falcons said:

Yeah....  I think after a season that Cominsky could blossom into a hella player for us as the anchor DE that can also pass rush from inside when we want him to. 

I agree

Ergo Proxy likes this

Stop! I’m trying to calm down. :slick:

But wait, there's more..................................................Ryan is a master of play action, you give him a solid run game, he'll slice and dice any back 7.

There's also the fact that the Falcons, with all their problems with OL and RB, still averaged 4.5 yards every time they ran the ball [13th in league], they ranked so low in rushing offense just because they were 30th in attempts. Just get to middle of the pack in attempts with that passing game, you got a killer offense.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

But wait, there's more..................................................Ryan is a master of play action, you give him a solid run game, he'll slice and dice any back 7.

There's also the fact that the Falcons, with all their problems with OL and RB, still averaged 4.5 yards every time they ran the ball [13th in league], they ranked so low in rushing offense just because they were 30th in attempts. Just get to middle of the pack in attempts with that passing game, you got a killer offense.

I had no doubts about the offense. My worry was the defense. I love what we did. For the first time in years, I actually love what I see in the secondary 

Just now, Knight of God said:

I had no doubts about the offense. My worry was the defense. I love what we did. For the first time in years, I actually love what I see in the secondary 

Really happy to hear you say that. I don't have the time to look at college game film, I rely on the knowledgeable posters here, you're one of them. You have connections and background I just don't have.

Looks liked they killed it on day 3. I hope Cominsky is a quick study, if he has a good rookie season, the Dline is much more solid.

Knight of God and Ergo Proxy like this