Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons_Frenzy

Scott Wright's 1st round review

1 post in this topic

http://www.draftcountdown.com/2019/1st-round-review/

This is what he said about the picks.

ChrisLindstrom19Mock.jpg

"For much of the pre-draft process there was very little first round buzz for Lindstrom, despite what seemed like universal love within the scouting community.  That began to change as the draft neared and he wound up being selected earlier than almost anyone imagined.  Lindstrom is a well-rounded blocker with a great mix of physical tools and intangibles, but I can’t help but wonder if the Falcons will ultimately regret passing on some of the talented defensive linemen that were still available.  Atlanta prioritized upgrading the offensive line to protect Matt Ryan this offseason though and they put their money where there mouth was with this choice."

KalebMcGary19Mock.jpg

"Apparently the Falcons really, really wanted to fix their offensive line.  Arguably to the point of overkill, paying a steep price to trade back into the first round.  To the tune of their second and third round picks.  Other than taking themselves out of a bountiful Day 2, I don’t have a problem with this move.  Atlanta is only going as far as Matt Ryan takes them so nothing should take precedence over keeping their quarterback upright.  Plus I’m a fan of McGary and thought he had a chance to sneak into round one.  Sure there are still issues on defense that will now be challenging to address, but at least they shouldn’t have to worry about Matty Ice getting pummeled."