thanat0s

4a. Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston 

4b. Daylon Mack, DT, Tx AM

5a. Khari Willis, S, Mich St.

5b. Trade for Darron Lee, NYJ - because the LB talent is awful in this draft

6a. Shareef Miller, edge, Penn St

6b. Elijah Holyfield, rb, UGA

7. Nick Linder, C, Indiana 

Edit: *Mods - I meant to put this in D/FA, so if you want to move it, that’s fine. 

2 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

4a. Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston 

4b. Daylon Mack, DT, Tx AM

5a. Khari Willis, S, Mich St.

5b. Trade for Darron Lee, NYJ - because the LB talent is awful in this draft

6a. Shareef Miller, edge, Penn St

6b. Elijah Holyfield, rb, UGA

7. Nick Linder, C, Indiana 

Try again...

You got 1 player in Johnson...

Rather have a 5-6th round LB for 4 years at minimal cost than a 1 year rental of Lee bc we aren’t picking up the 5th year option at over $10 million

That said:

I. Johnson CB

J. Moreland CB

M. Dogbe DE

C. Holcomb LB

M. Green RET

T. Newsome P

I just don’t see us drafting 5 or 6 guys.  We’re down to like 0 roster slots left, unless we begin cutting guys who were on the 53 last year or some of our recently acquired FA’s.  

I’d guess guys like Adam Gettis, Sean Harlow, Devin Gray, Christian Blake, and Ricky Ortiz are on the chopping block just so we can fit in our draft class.

16 minutes ago, Beef said:

I just don’t see us drafting 5 or 6 guys.  We’re down to like 0 roster slots left, unless we begin cutting guys who were on the 53 last year or some of our recently acquired FA’s.  

I’d guess guys like Adam Gettis, Sean Harlow, Devin Gray, Christian Blake, and Ricky Ortiz are on the chopping block just so we can fit in our draft class.

And that could be the case, but I’m not into conjuring trades of picks and matching up value charts, so I pretty much just go with what’s there. 

26 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Try again...

Rather have a 5-6th round LB for 4 years at minimal cost than a 1 year rental of Lee bc we aren’t picking up the 5th year option at over $10 million

That said:

I. Johnson CB

J. Moreland CB

M. Dogbe DE

C. Holcomb LB

M. Green RET

T. Newsome P

Mhmm...

I should add here that, given the overall average to poor quality of this draft, one can hardly make a plausible case that selecting one player over another at this point is a bad decision. 

As for Lee, contracts are always malleable, so it’s pointless to debate that aspect of it. 

My wish list looks something like this for day 3.

4th. Daylon Mack DT Texas A&M and Isaiah Johnson CB Houston

5th.Joe Jackson DE Miami and Foster Moreau TE LSU

6th. Corey Ballentine CB Washburn and Bruce Anderson RB North Dakota State

7th. Brett Rypien QB Boise or Easton Stick QB North Dakota State

31 minutes ago, Beef said:

You are taking the wrong strategy to the draft. It is a lottery. In other words the more chances you take the better your odds.

7 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

My wish list looks something like this for day 3.

4th. Daylon Mack DT Texas A&M and Isaiah Johnson CB Houston

5th.Joe Jackson DE Miami and Foster Moreau TE LSU

6th. Corey Ballentine CB Washburn and Bruce Anderson RB North Dakota State

7th. Brett Rypien QB Boise or Easton Stick QB North Dakota State

I like all those guys, though I don’t know much about Rypien. Is he Mark’s son?

46 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Try again...

That said:

I. Johnson CB

J. Moreland CB

M. Dogbe DE

C. Holcomb LB

M. Green RET

T. Newsome P

Yes, you have more players we have scouted and worked out.  If folks will go to NFL Draft and Free Agency forum and see the players we have been linked with

45 minutes ago, Beef said:

U think Quinn allows Duke to take up a roster spot again this season? I honestly see no upside in it if we have better talent