Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andrews31cain21

I've become a huge Kaleb McGary Fan

28 posts in this topic

Of course i'm a fan of every Falcon player, but just hearing about this Kid's trials growing up, and seeing his excitement of being drafted, being a Falcon aside, i really want this kid to succeed..  There's just something about him... Its like he's on a mission, and I see him as someone who will do anything to protect MR.  I do see many unnecessary roughness penalties on him, but its all for the brotherhood... I guarantee you with this guy, if someone pops MR when he is sliding.. ala 2014, i guarantee you, he wont be turning around and going back to the huddle like nothing happend

12 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

Of course i'm a fan of every Falcon player, but just hearing about this Kid's trials growing up, and seeing his excitement of being drafted, being a Falcon aside, i really want this kid to succeed..  There's just something about him... Its like he's on a mission, and I see him as someone who will do anything to protect MR.  I do see many unnecessary roughness penalties on him, but its all for the brotherhood... I guarantee you with this guy, if someone pops MR when he is sliding.. ala 2014, i guarantee you, he wont be turning around and going back to the huddle like nothing happend

Absolutely.  I'm excited about the attitude and nastiness he brings to the line.   It is something that really has been missing since Harvey Dahl left.  I loved how the rest of the o-line fed off of he and his "I'm gonna beat your a$$, every down, all game long, right up until the echo of the whistle" attitude.  I'm hoping McGary can bring that back!

I love the way he plays, he carries a chip on his shoulder. I think he starts sooner than Later. Something tells me the entire plan was to pair him up on the right with Lindstrom this upcoming season.

gazoo and NeonDeion like this

I have no issue with the player, just that we traded up to get him...seemed very unnecessary. 

I like the direction we went in overall though. 

1 minute ago, wurzshep19 said:

I have no issue with the player, just that we traded up to get him...seemed very unnecessary. 

The run on OL at the beginning of the 2nd disputes that statement. He would not have been there at 45. We did the right thing...

Loving this kid he is going to be coached up and become a monster. 

Question during one of his interviews he said he was so excited playing with Lindstrom since they knew each other which I like. 

Anyone know the connection between the two ?

2 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Loving this kid he is going to be coached up and become a monster. 

Question during one of his interviews he said he was so excited playing with Lindstrom since they knew each other which I like. 

Anyone know the connection between the two ?

Senior Bowl

Stryka, rings639 and Tim Mazetti like this

6 minutes ago, wurzshep19 said:

Nah, if Mcgary was their guy then they had to come up and get him. He would not have been there at 45.

Xfactor and Stryka like this

I was listening to NFL Sirius Tuesday morning and  Charlie Weiss said the Atlanta Falcons just got a lot better. Very complimentary about Lindstrom. When asked about McGary he replied emphatically “Nasty”!!! I love both picks. 

gazoo likes this

1 hour ago, andrews31cain21 said:

Agreed! To use a common litmus test, he has that Harvey Dahl dog in him a bit. 

1 hour ago, FentayeJones said:

Nah, if Mcgary was their guy then they had to come up and get him. He would not have been there at 45.

They went for Lindstrom earlier than folks expected because a trade down wouldn't guarantee that he'd be there for you and they had a list of targets at #14.  McGary was the particular target for the trade up that TD said in his presser was planned well in advance of the draft. Obviously, they honed in on him early on in the process. Personally I think Miami snagged the guy they originally wanted, Wilkins and Lindstrom was the second choice at #14. Everyone asks why they did what they did in free agency if they were going to draft Lindstrom, there's one good answer to that, they thought they weren't going to draft Lindstrom.

NeonDeion and Stryka like this

1 hour ago, wurzshep19 said:

I don't hate the move up but felt like there were another lineman or two I would have rather had but we will see how that plays out.  I think Taylor would have been the better pick but I hope it plays out well for us. 

wurzshep19 likes this

1 hour ago, Des-pool said:

The run on OL at the beginning of the 2nd disputes that statement. He would not have been there at 45. We did the right thing...

yeah pretty much OL went right away in the second round. TD looked prophetic in his statement.

26 minutes ago, The Great American said:

His college coach said he was a likeable ginger.  

Coaches will say anything