Some perspective from one of this Draft's haters

10 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

You should probably read the OP before writing the essay. I pretty much said they both have Pro Bowl potential. 

This was a really weird response haha

I wasn't trying to quote you. 

I can't start my own thread, so I just picked 1 that was closest . Sorry I didn't read the OP, figured it was the same as the other 12

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

You start an account just to tbis? You could have just read the post and saved yourself the trouble.

I started my account 3 years ago.  I come on here when I feel others opinions are useful to draw a conclusion  

Not my fault there are only 2-3 times per year that it isn't the same argumentsover the same subjects by the same people. 

I dare you to try to find a spot to post your opinion without the ability to start your own thread on a board with 30 threads per day about the same arguments from the 30 the day before and the 30 before that

1 hour ago, ShadyRef said:

Totally forgot about that. I wonder how many offensive linemen we will carry this season. I can't imagine them cutting both fusco and wes to immediately toss Lindstrom in to the mix. I know he is tagged as a day 1 starter prospect but we don't want to find ourselves in a position similar to the defense last season hoping for rookies to step up in case of injuries as the first line of depth.  Now if he clearly outperforms fusco in camp I hope they still keep both. 

I just want both rookie linemen to have a chance to develop first before we have to rely on them. 

Coach is all about competition, you have several guys at all of the spots on the o line minus center and left tackle, Quinn always says the best man will play,if the rooks are the best they will play. Wasnt so bad on the other side of the ball in 2016 with 4 rookies getting it done.

3 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I think it's @g-dawg who often says it, but if you draft a day 1 starting O-lineman, and that's clearly what they expect from Lindstrom, he's going to play 100% of your offensive snaps (barring injuries of course). Any D-line player we would have selected is playing 60-70% at most, often considerably less. Grady Jarrett and Deadrin Senat played 25% and 33% respectively as rookies.

This.your oline and.QB play more snaps than anyone.

Alford played by far the most total snaps than anyone else on Defense in 2016 and 2017. I am concerned about who replaces those snaps. 

Matthews, Mack, Chester2016l, Levitre, and Ryan all played more.

When you build a football team tye first thing you do is build the oline. You build the oline from the center first, gaurds, then tackles. This oline had to be rebuilt.

11 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Lindstrom will be the starting RG, McGary is strictly an RT. I think he will take over for Sombrero at some point after game 8 if not supplant him right away.

I dont agree that McGary is strictly a tackle. He has all the tools to.play guard..its very common for pro OT to.play OG, and it's a much easier.transition. His biggest knock is.arm length which would be negated at OG. The absolute best case scenario would be Ty playing at 2016 Shraeder level and the two rooks at OG. It wont happen  but in a perfect world. Also I see Lindstrom starting at LG, and Brown at RG. I would much rathar have a rookie flanked by probowl talent.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

5 hours ago, quotemokc said:

Why would we cut Wes whereas if we just don't sign him we could get a comp pick.

We almost certainly would not get a comp pick for Wes because it’s incredibly unlikely a team would be signing him to be a starter.

You don’t get comp picks for any free agent you let walk that signs elsewhere.

There are just 32 comp picks total each year divided amongst the qualifying teams.  To qualify, you must first off lose more free agents than you sign. From there, pucks are awarded based on how much your departing FAs are paid by their new team, how much playing time they get, and whether they win any awards/have any postseason honors.

So in order for us to get a comp pick for Wes, we’d need to not sign many FAs next offseason first & foremost. Then, we’d need a team to think of Wes as a legit starter, pay him as such, and give him a ton of playing time. Since at this point it’s pretty obvious to everyone that he’s an ok backup at best, I just don’t see any of that happening.

But I guess anything is possible.

49 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I dont agree that McGary is strictly a tackle. He has all the tools to.play guard..its very common for pro OT to.play OG, and it's a much easier.transition. His biggest knock is.arm length which would be negated at OG. The absolute best case scenario would be Ty playing at 2016 Shraeder level and the two rooks at OG. It wont happen  but in a perfect world. Also I see Lindstrom starting at LG, and Brown at RG. I would much rathar have a rookie flanked by probowl talent.

Thats where DQ says he is putting both. They have McGary penciled in to play RT. He is more of a natural tackle imo as well.

On 4/26/2019 at 6:57 PM, k-train said:

For what it's worth, former Falcons OG Chris Chester, who was a C coming out of college has the highest RAS score for a center. He scored a 10.

Fusco actually had a 9.1

Alex Mack got a score of 8.3

So, if you score at least an 8.0 then you are more likely to succeed and if not; you were drafted by the Falcons? :tiphat:

On 4/26/2019 at 6:11 PM, duckhoa said:

FJM, 

you are starting to sound like old Kayoh with his metrics for DE.

Love this type of information.

Thanks.

Yeah, agree with duckhoa. This type of info puts things into crystal clear perspective. I remember feeling really good when I was looking at McGary's and Lindstrom's RAS in a bio index chart just after the draft, but then I didn't know what the hel it meant. Certainly didn't realize how relevant that stat is to success. 

Thanks, FYM. Also, D-Led thanks you for all the free pub you gave him with his avatar and says feel free to use it again any time you want.  :D

On 4/26/2019 at 8:11 PM, Francis York Morgan said:

You should probably read the OP before writing the essay. I pretty much said they both have Pro Bowl potential. 

This was a really weird response haha

His first sentence was a real WTF intro to his diatribe. Way, way, waaayyy out there, beyond the left field fence, bleachers and parking lot. Aren't you glad he doesn't know where you live?! I'd change my name and move anyway, just in case. :lol:

On 4/27/2019 at 5:43 AM, k-train said:

He lost the starting job heading into last year & only got it back because both Levitre & Fusco were placed on IR. On top of that, he's in the final year of his contract & based on what he's shown thus far, it's unlikely they'd feel the need to keep him around after this season anyhow. Cutting him saves $2M w/ only $33k in dead money, so he's almost certainly the most expendable OL on the team.

I'd rather cut Wes now and train Gono/Ty/McGary as the 4th OG at this point, just to avoid losing Gono since Wes is bye bye after this year at the latest. Saves cap space, too. :shrug:

Eh, if we don't have a 4th OG after the injuries last year tho...maybe they want him around for emergency or the camp dust settles at least?