ya_boi_j

I see absolutely no reason to dislike the Lindstrom pick

187 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

One thing about it, Ryan wont have any excuses this season if he dosnt have a career year.. Im not saying a 16 season.. But cant we all agree Ryan shouldnt have any excuses if he dosnt slice up defenses 

I get the point but it implies that Ryan makes excuses, which he has never done in 10 plus years as a falcon.  

Just now, octoslash said:

I get the point but it implies that Ryan makes excuses, which he has never done in 10 plus years as a falcon.  

Hes never come out and pointed his finger at anyone.. But I think we all know most of our Olines have been bad enough he didnt have to.. Just saying, our offense should be top 5 this season and we should see exactly what Ryan is capable of. Im actually looking forward to it.. And having Quinn run the D, it should be a good year to be a Falcons fan 

Vandy and Knight of God like this

11 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

One thing about it, Ryan wont have any excuses this season if he dosnt have a career year.. Im not saying a 16 season.. But cant we all agree Ryan shouldnt have any excuses if he dosnt slice up defenses 

A lot of things can happen. Ryan changing very likely won’t be one of them 

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

This is all I care about. 

The fans who pay good money such as myself care. If they have another mediocre season I will be reconsidering wasting my hard earned dollars on mediocrity! 

5 hours ago, jayrockthabarber said:

The fans who pay good money such as myself care. If they have another mediocre season I will be reconsidering wasting my hard earned dollars on mediocrity! 

Ok

JDaveG likes this

For the uninitiated...those RAS scores.:slick:

I think both Lindstrom and McGary tested better than Jake Matthews in contrast; someone posted that list of RAS scores from our past OL we drafted and it showed how poorly some guys tested before.

So, this means if they learn their craft itself (technique and position requirements) vs NFL fronts then they could be at minimum as good an OL as Matthews; an established above-average LT that just made his first PB, by translating their elite traits to the Pros quickly.

Lindstrom is fairly polished and McGary might have a learning curve, but Ty is here for a reason with an easy out cut post 2019....if Ty isn't a starter not sure if his contract pays him more or less if not starting after 2019 and thereby could permit retaining him as the #3.

Drew4719 and ya_boi_j like this

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

While I like the numbers, will someone explain to me what a RAS score is?

31 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

^That. It's a grading system sorted per position group; based on data points on measured athleticism over the years. You vs your peers at your position.

For example, Lindstrom is the 19th graded OG ever. Among some big names. Of course, play is another thing and testing can vary but to score pretty high is a good indicator you are probably able to physically do the job well.

McGary also was the highest tested OT in 2019 and ranks up there as 19th all time for OTs. Good 'ole Will Svitek barely edges him out.

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2017/01/17/og-relative-athletic-scores-ras-table/

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2017/01/17/ot-relative-athletic-scores-ras-table/

So, both are 19th all time in their respective peer groupings. Doesn't say what their strengths and weaknesses are as a player and on the field, but can indicate their chances from a physical standpoint. No wonder the Falcons wanted to invest in them. The thread in my sig shows a list of former Falcons and you be the judge if it can carry some weight to it. :tiphat:

EDIT: I might add they include helpful notes on how some of the grades for position groups don't correlate as well to NFL production; for example DT isn't as important as DE...OT is most important for evaluating OL and OG isn't as far behind. C is more cerebral as it puts it.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

On 4/26/2019 at 8:11 PM, RING OF HONOR said:

Ok I got ya.....I dont know enough about him to give an opinion... 32 inch arms for a Tackle is not good....thanks for the info....I guess we will see...

Here is a quote from last year from Patriots OL coach Dante Scarnecchia from last year concerning arm length in an article concerning Isaiah Wynn.:

===================

FOXBORO - When Dante Scarnecchia describes the types of qualities he's looking for in his linemen, the list has always been the same.

"We covet three things when we look for offensive linemen," Scarnecchia said before Super Bowl LII. "They have to be smart, they have to be tough, and they have to be athletic enough."

Nothing in there about arm length.

"That [expletive] is way overrated," he told reporters on Friday afternoon.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/scarnecchia-offensive-tackle-arm-length-expletive-way-overrated