I see absolutely no reason to dislike the Lindstrom pick

ya_boi_j

It's hilarious how every single year, Dimitroff picks somebody that makes us go "who???" we panic for about a day, then come around and end up happy about the pick. It's almost pathological.

Honestly, I'd have been upset if Wilkins was still on the board but Miami jibbed us. And the Jacksonville really didn't need another DL, I was hoping they'd go with Haskins. So yeah, two florida teams screwed us.

Going OG wasn't a bad choice, though. Ryan needs protection.

Just now, ChickenBiscuit said:

It's hilarious how every single year, Dimitroff picks somebody that makes us go "who???" we panic for about a day, then come around and end up happy about the pick. It's almost pathological.

Honestly, I'd have been upset if Wilkins was still on the board but Miami jibbed us. And the Jacksonville really didn't need another DL, I was hoping they'd go with Haskins. So yeah, two florida teams screwed us.

And the running backs need holes

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I hated the pick at first. But now I'm liking it more and more.

Last night when they were showing his highlights I noticed that he was nice in the run game so I had to look at some videos on him. Dude is gonna be a good one. Gotta take time to watch some for the other guy too

I think most people (myself included) would have been less critical of the pick if it were made in the 20’s and not at 14. This pick felt like a “last resort” pick, like all of our board was taken and we had no alternative. 

I think trading back into the first for another mid-tier offensive lineman prospect only exacerbated that feeling.

I’m not against drafting OL, but there seemed to be very little disparity in talent in this Olineman class. Especially with a lot of them falling to the 2nd round. 

11 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

The first person I thought about was Keanu Neal and the meltdown that occurred on these boards when he was picked.

13 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I think most people (myself included) would have been less critical of the pick if it were made in the 20’s and not at 14. This pick felt like a “last resort” pick, like all of our board was taken and we had no alternative. 

I think trading back into the first for another mid-tier offensive lineman prospect only exacerbated that feeling.

I’m not against drafting OL, but there seemed to be very little disparity in talent in this Olineman class. Especially with a lot of them falling to the 2nd round. 

Who cares where it was made. You can't guarantee he would have fell.

25 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Lindstrom has All-Pro potential.

Many posters hate the pick because picking a o-lineman in the 1st isn’t sexy. People want and good dominating o-line, well you have to invest in it to have one most of the time.

I love the Lindstrom pick.

Not loving the Lindstrom pick has nothing to do with sex. :ninja: