Cole World

The best offensive line coach in the NFL Dante Scarnecchia said Lindstrom was a top OL in this year's draft

24 posts in this topic

I remember Charley Casserly saying on Path to the Draft that Patriots OL coach, Dante Scarnecchia really likes Chris Lindstrom and believes he would eventually be a all-pro. Obviously Scarnecchia son Steve, who happened to be a member of our front office took heed to what his old man said.

From a source I know, Jess Simpson, Falcons new D-line coach who spent time in the ACC with the Miami Hurricanes was one of the main members who advocated for Lindstrom after seeing him last season when his D-line had to go against Lindstrom and B.C. O-line. 

Daniel Jeremiah's immediate response to the Falcons pick was Lindstom is a Patriots"  type of player.  This forum is full of people wanting the Falcons to be more like the Patriots so it seems like more people should be happy with this pick.

4 minutes ago, wuskillzz said:

Daniel Jeremiah's immediate response to the Falcons pick was Lindstom is a Patriots"  type of player.  This forum is full of people wanting the Falcons to be more like the Patriots so it seems like more people should be happy with this pick.

Didn't Jeremiah also mention Logan Mankins when talking about Lindstrom?

At one time Mankins was considered the best OG in the NFL.

Drew4719, Osiruz, VTCrunkler and 1 other like this

15 minutes ago, Cole World said:

I remember Charley Casserly saying on Path to the Draft that Patriots OL coach, Dante Scarnecchia really likes Chris Lindstrom and believes he would eventually be a all-pro. Obviously Scarnecchia son Steve, who happened to be a member of our front office took heed to what his old man said.

From a source I know, Jess Simpson, Falcons new D-line coach who spent time in the ACC with the Miami Hurricanes was one of the main members who advocated for Lindstrom after seeing him last season when his D-line had to go against Lindstrom and B.C. O-line. 

Hey, you have any links abut Scarnecchia?  I'd like to read those.

1 minute ago, takeitdown said:

Hey, you have any links abut Scarnecchia?  I'd like to read those.

I watched it on the NFL network Path to the Draft.

24 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Didn't Jeremiah also mention Logan Mankind when talking about Lindstrom?

At one time Mankins was considered the best OG in the NFL.

I believe you are correct

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

46 minutes ago, Cole World said:

I was ridiculed for having same opinion as the Patriots OL coach, that he could be pro bowl level and possibly as good as Mack on our online. 

Cole World likes this

6 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

What does Dante say about Kaleb?

The Patriots flew Kaleb in for a private workout. We jumped one pick ahead of them at 32 to snag him

VTCrunkler likes this

36 minutes ago, gazoo said:

The Patriots flew Kaleb in for a private workout. We jumped one pick ahead of them at 32 to snag him

This would be awesome if true...it’s true right? 

I knew the pats were interested in him. But man if we jumped them, dang. Chess man. Chess  

3 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

This would be awesome if true...it’s true right? 

I knew the pats were interested in him. But man if we jumped them, dang. Chess man. Chess  

I know they were interested in him. A local reporter for patriots tweeted it last night. 

I don’t know if they were planning on picking him at 32, but TD might have’

Schwarzwald and VTCrunkler like this

38 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I know they were interested in him. A local reporter for patriots tweeted it last night. 

I don’t know if they were planning on picking him at 32, but TD might have’

I like it. To think we outsmarted them in an way is  good thing 

gazoo likes this