Trade for a Vet?

jfalconsp

2 minutes ago, LiquidFalcon said:

This team has no money and now has rookies and wants to give Julio money. We can't afford anyone for the next 3-4 years.

After the draft cut Schweitzer, Fusco, Bosher and with Shredders Just 1st cash kicking in as well we would be sitting at roughly 13.5 mil to sign rookies and vets with. We could make a move.

1 minute ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Wait what happened to depth and insurance for the OL?

I think most figured Schweitzer is gone, and you still have 3 starting quality guards even if you let Fusco go.

Just because we're excited to have depth at guard doesn't mean we can't afford to let a couple backups walk if it opens up money (that's my question, do we actually save much by getting rid of him now?)

22 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

After the draft cut Schweitzer, Fusco, Bosher and with Shredders Just 1st cash kicking in as well we would be sitting at roughly 13.5 mil to sign rookies and vets with. We could make a move.

Exactly. Not THIS move but a move. I expect that we will wait a few months until the 2nd wave of f.a.

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

Xavier Rhodes is so good. Too bad we have Trufant’s albatross of a contract. 

Rhodes contract is no peach either.

I doubt we make a move fro someone like that..... We have Tru and  Oliver is set to start and the coaching staff loves Kazee  in the nickle.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Rhodes contract is no peach either.

I doubt we make a move fro someone like that..... We have Tru and  Oliver is set to start and the coaching staff loves Kazee  in the nickle.

Oh, I know we won’t. We couldn’t begin to afford him, but he is an excellent corner, and one much more suited to our style of play than Trufant. 

7 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Oh, I know we won’t. We couldn’t begin to afford him, but he is an excellent corner, and one much more suited to our style of play than Trufant. 

With Quinn taking over I think that will help  Tru... has always been more of a Man corner and when Quinn took over the play calling in 16 he  mixed in A LOT  more man coverage than Smith was calling