Chuck Smith: "If Vic trains with me I guarantee he gets 10 sacks".

6 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Chuck is just promoting his business. Of course he will say that. Devondre trained with him and it didn't make him a worldbeater. 

Having said that, get your *** down there Vic. 

First off training with Smith is for rushing. Not your complete game. He started training with Smith when he was told he was gonna be moved to SLB in 2017.  Campbell doesn’t rush on every passing play. He’s in coverage more than rushing. But you can absolutely see a difference when he DOES rush. You 

5 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

The interview with Chuck was actually worth listening to.

We have 3 first rounders on the DL...oh and Grady inside.

Those guys have to produce he said. Grady will. DQ betted on himself once the big board had 7 DL go before our pick. We went with our guy for OL instead.

VB in a contract year with DQ all over that dude for months on end?

He better produce.

Senat is a darkhorse to me. Davison was brought in to share time at the 1T in base D, but I think between Senat/Crawford/Hageman we gonna have some rotation inside guys emerge.

This is where we PROBABLY are just fine at DT actually.

GJ is about to get paid and is JUST now entering his Prime.

What we could use is a DE that can play the Shelby role; DE vs the run and inside to rush the passer. Would help deepen our rotation.

So far, it's the top 3 and Means...a bit of an unknown but he did upgrade Brooks Reed at the end. Might make some noise if we don't go DE (EDGE or interior hybrid) rest of the draft. We got better on the defensive side of the roster compared to the end of the season. Let's see what we do with our 7 remaining picks.

Still believe Poe was the perfect fit for us.. Obviously Quinn didnt and he makes the big bucks.. But imo Poe allowed us to play our style of defense and was reliable 

3 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Chuck is a shameless self promoter. No way he gets 10 sacks out of Vic unless he can help him grow his arms another inch and put on 5 lbs. Vic been working with both Chuck, and Quinn. He had like 4 DL coaches by now, his potential is nearly maxed out. What he needs to do is have an effective spin move, utilize his speed better, and use his hands better.

Agree - it’s VBs time 

4 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Chuck is a shameless self promoter. No way he gets 10 sacks out of Vic unless he can help him grow his arms another inch and put on 5 lbs. Vic been working with both Chuck, and Quinn. He had like 4 DL coaches by now, his potential is nearly maxed out. What he needs to do is have an effective spin move, utilize his speed better, and use his hands better.

Well Chuck can help with with the stuff you said at the end. There’s absolutely things he can learn from chuck smith that can help his game. And having a DL coach doesn’t necessarily lead to being good. But to even put that in perspective his best year was with Brian Cox. Every coach has a specialty they can coach. Bryant Young was interior because he played inside. Cox was edge was because he played edge. Chuck smith is edge because he played edge. There are tricks of the trade Vic can learn from chuck. There were tricks Julio learned from Roddy that he wasn’t gonna get from a coach. 

7 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Well Chuck can help with with the stuff you said at the end. There’s absolutely things he can learn from chuck smith that can help his game. And having a DL coach doesn’t necessarily lead to being good. But to even put that in perspective his best year was with Brian Cox. Every coach has a specialty they can coach. Bryant Young was interior because he played inside. Cox was edge was because he played edge. Chuck smith is edge because he played edge. There are tricks of the trade Vic can learn from chuck. There were tricks Julio learned from Roddy that he wasn’t gonna get from a coach. 

Correction: Vic's best year was with Dwight Freeney. He gave him all the credit for working with him on technique and breaking down film.

It almost sounded like Dwight did all the mental stuff for Vic, and Vic just had to execute.

7 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Not so sure about it, he already worked with both Chuck Smith and Von Miller. I think its all mental at this point.

Im gonna get banned for this but athletically Vic is a beast and the closest thing physically to Von we've seen ib 5 years... just the scheme is a bad fit without tweaking. The problems i see stem from him coming off the edge, his angles are too wide and he doesn't flatten to the QB well.

For pass rush downs I'd put him at MLB and either blitz him or have QBs fear his 4.4 speed potentially blitzing. That alone would prevent double teams from keying in on Grady. Vic is a swiss army knife that needs to be moved around similar to Julio... even line him up a WLB for some plays... 

Just now, ramonezy said:

Im gonna get banned for this but athletically Vic is a beast and the closest thing physically to Von we've seen ib 5 years... just the scheme is a bad fit without tweaking. The problems i see stem from him coming off the edge, his angles are too wide and he doesn't flatten to the QB well.

For pass rush downs I'd put him at MLB and either blitz him or have QBs fear his 4.4 speed potentially blitzing. That alone would prevent double teams from keying in on Grady. Vic is a swiss army knife that needs to be moved around similar to Julio... even line him up a WLB for some plays... 

Why would you get banned for this?

9 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Exactly he was a beast with Freeney!

Seriously man, i’d Spend a month with him....pay him whatever to live with him, eat with him, pick his brain about everything...football, life, nutrition, work outs, as well as football technique......

beasley is the kind of guy who benefits from having a mentor, IMO....frankly, we all do

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Seriously man, i’d Spend a month with him....pay him whatever to live with him, eat with him, pick his brain about everything...football, life, nutrition, work outs, as well as football technique......

beasley is the kind of guy who benefits from having a mentor, IMO....frankly, we all do

https://mobile.twitter.com/dwightfreeney/status/1120839067111833600

If he could learn what Dwight is preaching here, he is earning an extra 20 to 30 million on his next contract, wherever he ends up.

1 hour ago, FalconAge said:

Lmao Kerney and Smith were there for one day. Hardly think that counts as training, they still had visitor passes 

Spent two days with him, I think he may have also did some pre combine prep with him as well. If he aint learn nothing from him, young, Vonn miller, cox, Quinn, freeney, clay, or at Clemson he aint ever going to turn it around. Its now or bust for VB44 sadly.

20 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Chuck is just promoting his business. Of course he will say that. Devondre trained with him and it didn't make him a worldbeater. 

Having said that, get your *** down there Vic. 

Vic needs to find a good Aikido instructor. Learn to use his opponents weight and momentum against him.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

No doubt brother!