Beast-N-Da-Sheetz

Chuck Smith: "If Vic trains with me I guarantee he gets 10 sacks".

45 posts in this topic

Just now on Dukes and Bell. Chuck Smith was interviewing and he talked about training with Grady and said people need to get off Vic for not training with him. But then went on to say he guarantees he can get 10 sacks outta Vic. 

Just felt like stirring the pot lol.

Thoughts...

The interview with Chuck was actually worth listening to.

We have 3 first rounders on the DL...oh and Grady inside.

Those guys have to produce he said. Grady will. DQ betted on himself once the big board had 7 DL go before our pick. We went with our guy for OL instead.

VB in a contract year with DQ all over that dude for months on end?

He better produce.

Senat is a darkhorse to me. Davison was brought in to share time at the 1T in base D, but I think between Senat/Crawford/Hageman we gonna have some rotation inside guys emerge.

This is where we PROBABLY are just fine at DT actually.

GJ is about to get paid and is JUST now entering his Prime.

What we could use is a DE that can play the Shelby role; DE vs the run and inside to rush the passer. Would help deepen our rotation.

So far, it's the top 3 and Means...a bit of an unknown but he did upgrade Brooks Reed at the end. Might make some noise if we don't go DE (EDGE or interior hybrid) rest of the draft. We got better on the defensive side of the roster compared to the end of the season. Let's see what we do with our 7 remaining picks.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Chuck is that dude that keeps shooting his shot until the girl finds someone to pretend to be her boyfriend and confronts him

yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lmao

ya_boi_j likes this

3 hours ago, athell said:

What has Chuck Smith done for any of us to care what Chuck Smith thinks about pass rushing?  Like honestly...

Not supporting it but since you asked he has 58.5 sacks in 8 full seasons and he almost everyone he has trained has some sort of success

Faithful Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Not supporting it but since you asked he has 58.5 sacks in 8 full seasons and he almost everyone he has trained has some sort of success

How much of that is due to Chuck tho?

And I thought I read that he had like almost 600 clients and only like nearly 40 had double digit sacks.  I'm just curious why people give some much weight to what Chuck Smith says.

Just now, athell said:

And I thought I read that he had like almost 600 clients and only like nearly 40 had double digit sacks.  I'm just curious why people give some much weight to what Chuck Smith says.

You’d have to ask them that. I’m just going by the big names that he has worked with. I don’t know anything about the nobodies 

athell likes this

9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'm not giving him credit for guys he "trained" when it comes to Von Miller and such.

ya_boi_j likes this

9 minutes ago, athell said:

I think that's probably to due w/ Chuck spending just as much time marketing himself by doing interviews, etc. as he spends actually training players.

athell likes this

Serious question, can vic measley NOT afford the guarantee that chuck offers?! What does Mr. Measley have to lose if Cuck does not deliver on his guarantee?!  I would say, several million and a new contract is what he has to lose! Pay the freight, work with him, write off the expense and do you MF job, measley!! 

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'm not giving him credit for guys he "trained" when it comes to Von Miller and such.

I ain’t gonna over-credit him but at the end of the day even the best can get even better. Whether it’s working with him or Michael Strahan 

roguebeaver and Flying Falcon like this

Chuck is a shameless self promoter. No way he gets 10 sacks out of Vic unless he can help him grow his arms another inch and put on 5 lbs. Vic been working with both Chuck, and Quinn. He had like 4 DL coaches by now, his potential is nearly maxed out. What he needs to do is have an effective spin move, utilize his speed better, and use his hands better.

Dude plugs himself this way all the time. Said the same about Jamaal Anderson. Don’t recall him ever making a difference.

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

Dude plugs himself this way all the time. Said the same about Jamaal Anderson. Don’t recall him ever making a difference.

Did Jamal sign up and pay?  Just curious.  It’s a did eat dog world, nothing is free! 

I'm hoping Vic either knocks it out of the park this season, or gets benched. I'm terribly afraid he'll turn in some middling campaign and get an extension.. 

I'm not saying the dude is infallible, but if the best of the best are flying in to train with him, maybe he kinda sorts knows what the heck he is talking about.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-sack-whisperer-how-an-ex-nfl-player-became-the-phil-jackson-of-pass-rush-gurus/amp/

Despite him working with Osi, Von and Donald, his Sistine Chapel has to be Titans-era Haynesworth. 

Was an article several years back that went in depth talking about the work Chuck Smith did with him to making him the most physically terrifying defensive tackle of a generation. Haynesworth admited to being lazy and having no technique, and credited Chuck Smith with bringing out the dominant force we saw (before he got paid)

Not sure that ole Chuckie still has that edge to him, but he has receipts.

6 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Chuck is just promoting his business. Of course he will say that. Devondre trained with him and it didn't make him a worldbeater. 

Having said that, get your *** down there Vic. 

Well If I remember correctly Von Miller once trained with Chuck!