Lindstrom Behind the Scenes on Getting Picked

ryanadonis

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I think my good friend @Knight of God is gonna take a sabbatical from Falcons football after this pick.....

Three years from now, everyone will look back and say this was a great pick.

I don't see the problem at all with this pick.  You get a Guard/Tackle for the next 10 years, he starts day one and he is a good character guy that  has the size and athleticism to compete in the NFL.  We haven't had that since I have been a Falcon fan. 

I wish it were some flashy, highlight producing defensive player but this was the smart move. Sure they may or may not have been able to get him lower but moving forward Im glad the line won’t be (shouldn’t be) a liability. Free is going to eat. Matt it’s an extra second or two will carve up defenses more than this offense already does. 

23 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I didn’t say leaving the board, but all you had to do was block me. Easier than waiting.

I don't want you to go anywhere KOG. I don't always agree with what you say but how boring would this place be if we all had the same views. I just find it funny how specific and finite you are that you would 'cut your loses' with this team if they finished #11 in total defense. The only thing that matters is winning, I don't care how they get there. 

3 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I don't want you to go anywhere KOG. I don't always agree with what you say but how boring would this place be if we all had the same views. I just find it funny how specific and finite you are that you would 'cut your loses' with this team if they finished #11 in total defense. The only thing that matters is winning, I don't care how they get there. 

11 wouldn’t be something I’d move on for. That’s effort

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Quinn will get you that brother. With him at the jhelm as DC in Quinn we trust. 

Back to our draft we have two solid guys who are big old hosses.athletic, and mean. You will love this in the near future, Ice is protected and we can run the ball again...hallelujah 

I’m not going to even get myself into thinking about a run game yet. I don’t like any of the backs. Also I don’t actually think too much of Lindstrom, but it doesn’t matter. I am more into defense. They could have gotten near anyone. I still have to sit through hearing Koetters name and his play calling. For at least a season. This defense can’t play the way they have for as long as they have. Tired of watching that nonsense. It would be no different if I watched a TV show for a character and they are killed off. I would watch more out of habit than satisfaction. I stopped doing that man. Same as I left Ga for a better life, I just won’t sit through anymore seasons after this one. I’m completely cold on this one man.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I think my good friend @Knight of God is gonna take a sabbatical from Falcons football after this pick.....

Three years from now, everyone will look back and say this was a great pick.

That would be a shame as he is quality in the posting stakes.

Im with him on the defensive note though.A lot has been made up of DQ being a defensive guru it’s time to put up.Top 10 for me is the floor not the ceiling.

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

That would be a shame as he is quality in the posting stakes.

Im with him on the defensive note though.A lot has been made up of DQ being a defensive guru it’s time to put up.Top 10 for me is the floor not the ceiling.

disagree vigorously.   We just have to win games and playoff games.   I don't care if we are #5 offense/defense or  #3 offense and #14 defense - it's about SuperBowls.

YES we need to be better on defense - however many on here are acting like all those injuries last year didn't happen - that was part of the overall collapse of the defense.

YES we need to add a player or two in the draft that can contribute - maybe another 1-2 in free agency still.

I don't like when I see people put ultimatums on their fandom.   I know everyone's different and KOG and there is no "right way or wrong way" to be a fan per se.     Just sharing the way I look at it.     I have been a fan too long - mid 70's to now....I will be a fan forever - regardless.

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I stopped doing assessments last year. Not one mock this off season. 

I haven’t done one mock in my entire period on these boards that I can remember.I just straight up like looking at players and learning things from anywhere I can get it.

Wheather it be from a guy like yourself scouts watching games of prospects and coming up with stuff with my eyes mostly.

I do the same down here in my chosen sport of Rugby.

I try not to over complicate it with too many moving parts.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

I haven’t done one mock in my entire period on these boards that I can remember.I just straight up like looking at players and learning things from anywhere I can get it.

Wheather it be from a guy like yourself scouts watching games of prospects and coming up with stuff with my eyes mostly.

I do the same down here in my chosen sport of Rugby.

I try not to over complicate it with too many moving parts.

It wasn’t complicated. It was fun for me. I take classes on this stuff. Since 2006.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

disagree vigorously.   We just have to win games and playoff games.   I don't care if we are #5 offense/defense or  #3 offense and #14 defense - it's about SuperBowls.

YES we need to be better on defense - however many on here are acting like all those injuries last year didn't happen - that was part of the overall collapse of the defense.

YES we need to add a player or two in the draft that can contribute - maybe another 1-2 in free agency still.

I don't like when I see people put ultimatums on their fandom.   I know everyone's different and KOG and there is no "right way or wrong way" to be a fan per se.     Just sharing the way I look at it.     I have been a fan too long - mid 70's to now....I will be a fan forever - regardless.

The injuries magnified it for sure.

Defensive gurus like DQ are go getters in my eyes if he’s not eyeing top 10 as a floor I questionn the guru status he’ll if I were him I’d want the best defense in the league.

Also I’d be trying my best to make it happen.

PS NFL is my #1 watch I have for gone my given sport rugby for this one.I find the whole in and out of season a whole lot more interesting.In my chosen sport of Rugby our country is the best and has been for 100 years it bores me.The only rugby I like now is grass roots I go back to my old rugby club and follow age grade teams and the top senior club side.

I too will continue to watch the Falcons until such a time it no longer stimulates me or I just plain lose interest.

2 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

We dont have 3 years. Blank wants a SB now. Quinn will be fired before he sees the good side of this pick 

I just meant the doubters will concede by Year 3......I believe whole heartedly Lindstrom is Day#1 starter and will be good his rookie year.  Not as certain about McGary but will be starter soon enough.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

I just meant the doubters will concede by Year 3......I believe whole heartedly Lindstrom is Day#1 starter and will be good his rookie year.  Not as certain about McGary but will be starter soon enough.

Well, after the United Championship, Quinn better hope he get there with these picks. Arthur did fire his wife for not being able to bring it home.  What will happen to Quinn if he doesn't this year?

15 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I’m not going to even get myself into thinking about a run game yet. I don’t like any of the backs. Also I don’t actually think too much of Lindstrom, but it doesn’t matter. I am more into defense. They could have gotten near anyone. I still have to sit through hearing Koetters name and his play calling. For at least a season. This defense can’t play the way they have for as long as they have. Tired of watching that nonsense. It would be no different if I watched a TV show for a character and they are killed off. I would watch more out of habit than satisfaction. I stopped doing that man. Same as I left Ga for a better life, I just won’t sit through anymore seasons after this one. I’m completely cold on this one man.

I had to take a step back last year. I was too emotionally invested.  Saw the defense was lost, we couldn't run and matt had to get the ball out quick. Found myself angry wat too often.

Not to mention people pushing the guards we had i knew were trash.